J.D. Salinger has died (1919-2010)

The Globe and Mail

salinger_jpg_457584gm-a.jpg

J.D. Salinger, the legendary author, youth hero and fugitive from fame whose The Catcher in the Rye shocked and inspired a world he increasingly shunned, has died. He was 91.

Salinger died of natural causes at his home on Wednesday, the author's son said in a statement from Salinger's literary representative. He had lived for decades in self-imposed isolation in the small, remote house in Cornish, N.H.

Holy @@%%+*% crap, I'm absolutely gobbsmacked.

Hmm, I wonder what will happen to the rights to the book. Because he was the only one that stopped Hollywood from making a movie out of the book.

RIP

This thread is such a phony....

j/k.

RIP Salinger, definitely enjoyed Catcher In The Rye one of my favorite books of all time...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Hmm, I wonder what will happen to the rights to the book. Because he was the only one that stopped Hollywood from making a movie out of the book.

It's up to his family, its about 40-60 years after an author's death that the work falls into public domain so they just have to hold out for that long. Although his daughter hates him so maybe she'll do it out of spite (not that she doesn't have all the reason to hate him).

my 2nd favorite book.
frown.gif

NO MOVIE!!!!!

make us kids read for once.

oh man i only read 2 books in my whole life and that was one them R.I.P.

Man.....I remember liking this book back in high school but even after reading the summery in Wikipedia, I don't remember it at all.

Catcher in the Rye is one of the best books of all time. Nine Stories is also classic. Banafish is genius. Franny and Zooey is sitting somewhere in my house waiting to be read, I can't wait.

RIP Salinger

I never read Catcher in the Rye. I always wanted to, but never got the chance to. Maybe I'll read it now.

Originally Posted by triple5sole

everyone is dying
frown.gif

No joke. Sad to say but the next in line is Dennis Hopper. Dude is on his death bed from cancer and he is still trying to divorce his 4th wife.

Dennis-Hopper.jpg

Very weird dude...Connery's character is Finding Forrester is very loosely based on him.

Dude was kind of like Chapelle of his time in a way. Dropped one of the most important books of all-time, and was disgusted by the attention that came with it, so just moved away from society.

RIP though.

Originally Posted by triple5sole

everyone is dying
frown.gif
You're kidding right?  The man was 91 years old, this wasn't anything sudden.

Like many people, I didn't realize he was still alive, R.I.P. I loved his work.

Back
Top Bottom