J Dilla... Put Me on

jdillajayde_donuts%7E%7E%7E_101b.jpg

yup, if your into instrumentals you'll love it, if you aren't you'll love it.
Exactly.

Definitely check out Donuts, The Shining, and Jay Love Japan.

Smooth, soulful beats. Dude was just so nice with producing.

R.I.P. Dilla

damn. just start from the pharcyde's - labcabincalifornia, work your way to atcq's beats, rhymes, and life & the love movement, then head into theearly slum village stuff, busta rhymes stuff and you'll pick it up from there

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

Exactly.

R.I.P. Dilla

wait... dude is dead?

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Exactly.

R.I.P. Dilla

wait... dude is dead?

youre like 2 years late
laugh.gif
but Dilla could do no wrong, and his catalog is deep. If you want a good start...check out the new Stones Throw Podcast upon the iTunes Music Store. Its like an hour and 15 minutes of just dilla hits. Best part is...its free.

slumvillage.jpg

51iJn--PtpL._AA280_.jpg

e51326oqzc4.jpg

bbebg001_small.jpg

Start with the older stuff and move into the new. Fantastic Vol. 1 and 2 showcase some of his best work as far as beats go, IMO. Vol. 2 is a straightclassic, no questions asked.

Ruff Draft should probably be the last thing you listen to of his...build your way up.

Yeah, Dilla passed 2 years ago yo. You probably just starting listening to his music though so its no big deal be easy Niketalk Users!
Check out most if not all of Dillas material, look for the Dilla Beat Tapes online, his catalogue of people that he produced for is incredible.

RIP Dilla

Also, since you are up on Dilla now you may want to seriously check out Black Milk as well. A NTer put me up on Black Milk awhile back and he continues to getbetter and better in such short time. Alot of people compare his sound to Dillas.

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Exactly.

R.I.P. Dilla

wait... dude is dead?

you cannot be serious.

Originally Posted by Da Future Nike Rep

Yeah, Dilla passed 2 years ago yo. You probably just starting listening to his music though so its no big deal be easy Niketalk Users!
Check out most if not all of Dillas material, look for the Dilla Beat Tapes online, his catalogue of people that he produced for is incredible.

RIP Dilla

Also, since you are up on Dilla now you may want to seriously check out Black Milk as well. A NTer put me up on Black Milk awhile back and he continues to get better and better in such short time. Alot of people compare his sound to Dillas.

Black Milk is sooooooo dope. I just got The Set Up LP with Fat Ray and the production on it is
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Go with any Dilla release, you can't go wrong. He was a master at his craft. As Kanye West once said, you can only hope to be "as good" asJay Dee. A true producer's producer.

"Welcome To Detroit" and "The Shining" are compilation CD's while Ruff Draft is more like a solo EP. "Jaylib - ChampionSound" is craaaack, you definitely need to check that out as well as "Dilla Donuts" if you like short instrumentals.

Also, check out Phat Kat's albums. He is also an artist from Detroit. His latest release is laced with Black Milk and J.Dilla production.
pimp.gif

51fKR0Oyr%2BL._AA240_.jpg

Yeah, I gotta cop that Fat Ray and Black Milk Set Up CD, I was listening to snippets of the album and i almost went crazy!
Fat Ray is not that bad of an artist neither, hes nice on the mic.

About to check up on that Phat Kat.

But yes. You can't go wrong with J Dilla. The Shining, Donuts, Jay Loves Japan, J Dilla Anthology 1-4, Ruff Draft, Champion, Welcome to Detriot and hisremixes.

Back
Top Bottom