J.R could be a great player.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by yungchamp

KingJay718 wrote:

B. Roy is definitely better than Melo. B. Roy makes players better, whereas Melo doesn't, and he needed Chauncey Billups to taste postseason success.
That was C. Billups team last season. Melo still has questionable leadership skills, maturity level, and always seems to do somethin' dumb to knock him
down a peg. I'm not asking Melo to be pristine, just smarter. He's not on LeBron or D. Wade's level either.

B. Roy came in the NBA born to lead. He will have a few rings before he retires.

ima take that as your opinion b/c stats tell me otherwise

Well, if you do compare stats Melo really isn't that much better through his first 3 years then Roy through his first 3 years. They're about even actually. And to be honest Roy last year is on par with Melo's last year stat wise. So stats don't really tell you otherwise.

melos first 3 yrs in the league and b.roys first 3 yrs in the league aren't close scoring wise... rebounds and assists are close but melo has improved inthat area in his game in that last couple years....melo took his team which was terrible before he got there and made them a playoff team his first year andhas been to the playoffs every year since he came into the league....b.roy just got to the playoffs his 3rd year....melo carried that team his first coupleseasons in the league starting when he was 19, do you honestly think b.roy could've done the same thing? NO! dudes 25 and i don't see him getting toomuch better while melo is one of the best scorers in the L what is b.roy considered being in the top tier of the league of? Leadership? once again b.roy isnice but please don't gas it

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

wooooooooooooooow to any of you ppl out there now stepping out of your way to say B ROY is better than carmelo, its one thing to say he better than JR. Smith. B ROY has some truly dedicated fans on here, who dont know anything about basketball.
and youre the one who started this thread about jr smith could be a better player?
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...from what i see...youre a dedicated jr smith fan who doesnt know anything about basketball
laugh.gif

in terms of leadership and basketball IQ, Roy is definitely better than Melo...

Melo has the advantage in terms of sheer strength and athleticism since he is so offensively versatile. He is wet from mid-range, beyond the arc, 15 feet,posting up, driving to the basket.......

not to say Roy isn't athletic, but he uses more basketball IQ than anything.. he doesn't do too much to wow you but he's efficient as hell. Royalso makes better decisions with the ball and better court vision.

i'd say Roy is top 10 in the league, and to not s sneak for rating all those players ahead of roy, u have to be high. no way in hell is pau gasol orrashard lewis better than b.roy.

KingJay718 wrote:

B. Roy is definitely better than Melo. B. Roy makes players better, whereas Melo doesn't, and he needed Chauncey Billups to taste postseason success.
That was C. Billups team last season. Melo still has questionable leadership skills, maturity level, and always seems to do somethin' dumb to knock him
down a peg. I'm not asking Melo to be pristine, just smarter. He's not on LeBron or D. Wade's level either.

B. Roy came in the NBA born to lead. He will have a few rings before he retires.

Well, if you do compare stats Melo really isn't that much better through his first 3 years then Roy through his first 3 years. They're about even actually. And to be honest Roy last year is on par with Melo's last year stat wise. So stats don't really tell you otherwise.

melos first 3 yrs in the league and b.roys first 3 yrs in the league aren't close scoring wise... rebounds and assists are close but melo has improved in that area in his game in that last couple years....melo took his team which was terrible before he got there and made them a playoff team his first year and has been to the playoffs every year since he came into the league....b.roy just got to the playoffs his 3rd year....melo carried that team his first couple seasons in the league starting when he was 19, do you honestly think b.roy could've done the same thing? NO! dudes 25 and i don't see him getting too much better while melo is one of the best scorers in the L what is b.roy considered being in the top tier of the league of? Leadership? once again b.roy is nice but please don't gas it

I know he's a better scorer, but what does Melo do better then Roy outside of that? Melo is probably the best offensive player in the league, but Roy playsbetter D, can take the ball up the floor, he's a better facilitator, etc. The only thing Melo has over him is scoring, and why should that be the onlybarometer for a great player? And really what does age matter? Cool, he did it at 19, that's nice, but what does that have to do with anything? We'retalking about their NBA careers and what they've done so far. Is it impressive? Yeah. But why does it even matter? Again, tell me what Melo does betterthen Roy outside of scoring then I'll agree with you. The only thing disgusting is the Roy hate at this point, he's right in that tier of players withMelo, so comparing them really isn't that far fetched.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

the b roy hate is fueled by the b roy slurp fest

It's not even a slurp fest... People said he's better then Melo, which isn't that far fetched. You don't think he's in that same tier ofplayers? People are severly underrating B Roy right now. It's not like people are saying he's Kobe status. He's right where people are saying heis.

laugh.gif
@ Them bringing up JR and throwing up possible Gang Signs everytime he hits a 3 on PTI.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
@ Them bringing up JR and throwing up possible Gang Signs everytime he hits a 3 on PTI.
laugh.gif

JA was like "maybe he just cant spell"
roll.gif
roll.gif

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

yungchamp wrote:

KingJay718 wrote:

That was C. Billups team last season. Melo still has questionable leadership skills, maturity level, and always seems to do somethin' dumb to knock
him

Well, if you do compare stats Melo really isn't that much better through his first 3 years then Roy through his first 3 years. They're about even
actually. And to be honest Roy last year is on par with Melo's last year stat wise. So stats don't really tell you otherwise.

melos first 3 yrs in the league and b.roys first 3 yrs in the league aren't close scoring wise... rebounds and assists are close but melo has improved in
that area in his game in that last couple years....melo took his team which was terrible before he got there and made them a playoff team his first year and
has been to the playoffs every year since he came into the league....b.roy just got to the playoffs his 3rd year....melo carried that team his first couple
seasons in the league starting when he was 19, do you honestly think b.roy could've done the same thing? NO! dudes 25 and i don't see him getting too
much better while melo is one of the best scorers in the L what is b.roy considered being in the top tier of the league of? Leadership? once again b.roy is
nice but please don't gas it

I know he's a better scorer, but what does Melo do better then Roy outside of that? Melo is probably the best offensive player in the league, but Roy plays better D, can take the ball up the floor, he's a better facilitator, etc. The only thing Melo has over him is scoring, and why should that be the only barometer for a great player?

And really what does age matter? Cool, he did it at 19, that's nice, but what does that have to do with anything? We're talking about their NBA careers and what they've done so far. Is it impressive? Yeah. But why does it even matter?

Again, tell me what Melo does better then Roy outside of scoring then I'll agree with you. The only thing disgusting is the Roy hate at this point, he's right in that tier of players with Melo, so comparing them really isn't that far fetched.

its really not a problem to compare them...only thing b.roy has over melo stat wise is assist...thats it....melo can't handle the rock up the court? dudehas some of the nicest handles in the league and he's a SF ...i dont think people are underrating b.roy at all he's nice but i think ppl are reallyunderrating melo....Melo can possibly play 1-4 and still be effective....b.roy can't do that my dude...

And really what does age matter? Cool, he did it at 19, that's nice, but what does that have to do with anything? We're talking about their NBA careers and what they've done so far.

they're the same age so you tell me what you see that b.roy has done so far in his career that melo hasn't already done.....

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by yungmatt

You really think Devin Harris is the 14th best player in the ENTIRE LEAGUE???

or even think he's better than tony parker?
smh.gif

Well to me there are equal offensively. Both are quick, great on the fast break, decent shooters and good passers but on the defensive end is where Harris isbetter. Parker get a lot of his mistakes cleaned up by Duncan and the rest of the good defensive players around them. Harris is a better 1 on 1 defender sothat's why I put him higher..

Back
Top Bottom