May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Terrible or not, who is paying $1 billion for NJPW, AEW, or TNA’s streaming service?
Right.. it doesn’t matter how bad the product is. They just got another billion dollar deal. I’m sure they couldn’t care less about the quality of the shows
The dweebs from The Voice just wanted to make the front page of Wreddit again so they can have their egos stroked by other basement dweebs

Right.. it doesn’t matter how bad the product is. They just got another billion dollar deal. I’m sure they couldn’t care less about the quality of the shows

That's a legendary basement dweeb tweet. They just made a BILLION DOLLARS :lol:

It matters to the fans. None of us are benefitting from their transaction. THe hell are yall even talking about? :lol:

If one could get a Billion Dollars for booking RAW to be terrible. Booking NXT to be a loser and at the same time book Smackdown to be great.

You won.

I disagree with that.

If anything the embarrassing part is their marketing team not getting those numbers up, not their app, price or content.

Along with that they did another billion dollar deal for only 5 years with someone they’ve been in business with since the 80s. The equivalent of a friend giving you a billion dollars for doing what you already do, hanging out. They really should be embarrassed.

Dorks.

Imagine if WWE had compelling story-telling.

They could be worth so much more.

Wrestling is addicting even when it sucks.

Imagine if it was good, on the WWE stage, oh well.

Smackdown is koo.

Yea, we can only wish for that.

Well, when it comes to RAW.

So much potential and the roster being as deep as it currently is makes it more frustrating that they have been dropping the ball from a PRODUCT perspective.

Imagine if they were firing on all cylinders man. My goodness.

Yea, we can only wish for that.

Well, when it comes to RAW.

So much potential and the roster being as deep as it currently is makes it more frustrating that they have been dropping the ball from a PRODUCT perspective.

Imagine if they were firing on all cylinders man. My goodness.

I know, it's just the wrong person owns all these toys.

Imagine if WWE were like the other good TV franchises, an episode happens, people are excited to talk about it and wonder what's happening next.

But instead we get the same storylines and booking over and over again, usually with the same people too. Thus making people complain and wish for better lol

If NBC has has input on who gets focused on most, it's gonna be the usual suspects:

Roman
Horsewomen
Alexa
Orton
Jeff Hardy
New Day

All storylines will revolve around these people, over and over and over again.

It matters to the fans. None of us are benefitting from their transaction. THe hell are yall even talking about? :lol:
The tweet is pointless because WWE just made another billion dollars, so they aren’t losing sleep over only getting a million subscribers from the network.

The tweet is pointless because WWE just made another billion dollars, so they aren’t losing sleep over only getting a million subscribers from the network.

We aren't WWE.

None of us are WWE.

We don't know WHAT they are/aren't "losing sleep over."

All we can talk about is how piss poor the content HAS been that they were only able to get such a small number of wrestling fans to sign up to the Network.

That is what the Tweet was about.

The Tweet was focused on the piss poor content.

That billion doesn't matter

We aren't WWE.

None of us are WWE.

All we can talk about is how piss poor the content HAS been that they were only able to get such a small number of wrestling fans to sign up to the Network.

You’re taking out the entire context of the tweet but ok. He wouldn’t have tweeted that if the deal didn’t happen.

You’re taking out the entire context of the tweet but ok. He wouldn’t have tweeted that if the deal didn’t happen.

Of course he wouldn't have made that Tweet at this exact moment but this isn't the first time the lack of Network subscribers has been brought up over the last 7 years.

Within or Without the context of the Deal, it IS sad that they ONLY have 1.1 Million Subscribers.

Making a 1 billion dollar deal doesn't erase that fact, nor does it rationalize their piss poor content simply because they were "rewarded."

We aren't WWE.

None of us are WWE.

No, that’s not exactly what the tweet was about.

That was his truth to the tweet, his conclusion.

Of course he wouldn't have made that Tweet at this exact moment but this isn't the first time the lack of Network subscribers has been brought up over the last 7 years.

Within or Without the context of the Deal, it IS sad that they ONLY have 1.1 Million Subscribers.

Making a 1 billion dollar deal doesn't erase that fact, nor does it rationalize their piss poor content simply because they were "rewarded."

How many subs do the other wrestling networks have?

If anything the embarrassing part is their marketing team not getting those numbers up, not their app, price or content.

Your first point of blame is marketing? Why not the content they are putting out?

Legit question.

I have no idea how it is even marketed since I am in "this" bubble.

We aren't WWE.

None of us are WWE.

They gettin money tho

I wonder if espn made a bid for the network
I know previously they wanted to stream ppv events through espn
The merchandising power and overall disney brand would have been big for wwe

No idea.

I am sure all of them combined x20 don't equal WWE's 1 MIllion,

NJPW's peak came and went with the Western Audience after Kenny/Young Bucks left. ( ANd COdy Case Case ) Nobody is worried about them anymore.

If they’re doing better than the other wrestling networks, then I don’t see 1.1 million subs as a fail. It was never going to be anywhere near Netflix or Disney+ levels and they’re actually in-line with the number of people who watch their show weekly. The next step would be to produce binge-worthy shows in WWE Studios that don’t feature their trash a** talent like Kane or Alexa.

Back
Top Bottom