Jason Kidd: "I want to stay."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49352/20071122/kidd_im_not_eyeing_exit_ramp/
Kidd_Jason_njn.jpg
New York Post -
Jason Kidd said he wants to stay put.

After Kidd vented his frustration Monday about the awful state of the Nets, a logical conclusion was that he wanted out. He insisted yesterday in the day that's not the case. And then he showed last night what he is all about with another triple-double - his third this season, 90th of his career.

"I'm happy in New Jersey, happy being a Net," Kidd said. "Nobody has asked for any trades or anything."

rebuilding sounds awesome to me. I love Vince Carter, definity my favorite player in the L but lets be honest, hes making way to much money. We should tradeone of the big 3 for some young talent!
pimp.gif

but lets be honest, hes making way to much money.
Rashard Lewis & Kevin Martin are both making more with the contracts they signed. Vince is more important to his team then they are(considering the Kings won't make the playoffs & Orlando was already a playoff team last year). With that said the Nets have never won a game thatVince hasn't played in. At the end of the day, I don't think Vince is making 'to much' money when you look at the big picture. Just myopinion...

It's funny how fans of the disgruntled player will live in clouds of smoke.

Iverson definitely showed that he was disgruntled, without SPECIFICALLY saying, "I would like to be traded. I no longer want to play for the Philadelphia76ers."
But fans maintained that he was just frustrated.
And then he definitely said that he loves the organization.
And he definitely is not a Sixer right now.
laugh.gif

Garnett definitely showed that he was disgruntled, without SPECIFICALLY saying, "I would like to be traded. I no longer want to play for the MinnesotaTimberwolves."
And he definitely is not a Timberwolf right now.
laugh.gif

Shaq definitely showed that he was disgruntled, without SPECIFICALLY saying, "I would like to be traded. I no longer want to play for the Los AngelesLakers."
And he definitely is not a Laker right now.
laugh.gif

Wake up, Nets fans. There is a very real possibility that your boy is gone. Technically, the Nets already agreed to trade him to the Lakers last season, butthen woke up and changed their mind. But still, both sides had already agreed to a deal. You have to accept the fact that your boy is probably not going toretire a Net.

ANd no, I'm not saying he's going to the Lakers. I would like that, but my point isn't that he's going to the Lakers. My point is that there isa VERY real, VERY large possibility that he is on the move.

And the reason people like Shaq, Garnett, and Iverson don't just come out and completely blast the organization by saying something like, "I no longerwant to play here anymore. Period. I will not play another game for this team," is because IF they aren't traded, then they still have to play forthat team, for those fans. So they express that they're disgruntled... without doing TOO much damage, just in case they DON'T go anywhere.

Because if you end up putting the team and your teammates on blast and then you end up not going anywhere, you're in a sticky situation, where you'velost fans and credibility (word to Kobe.
wink.gif
).

Wake up, Nets fans. There is a very real possibility that your boy is gone. Technically, the Nets already agreed to trade him to the Lakers last season, but then woke up and changed their mind. But still, both sides had already agreed to a deal. You have to accept the fact that your boy is probably not going to retire a Net.
Ska, I see where you are going with your post regarding past players such as Iverson for example.

The thing is that Kidd didn't exactly put the whole team & organization on blast. He put himself & his teammates out in the public to send amessage that we need to step up. He as the captain did it for motivation.

I would agree with yall if he didn't mention himself in any of these reports or interviews, but he did in each one. So as the captain that is what he issupposed to do, send a message ot the team some how, & he did as a leader.

Thing is, with J, he never goes public with things, so when he says something, its a huge deal.

I didn't see this as a 'watch out if im unhappy I want out type of thing' I saw it as we as a team are struggled, something as the team leader hasto be said so let me send a message.

As I said, he included himself as part of the problem as well.

My dude, not one NBA transaction would make me more happy. Not even LeBron or Melo in the purple and gold.

Kidd's my dude, man.

I doubt seriously that it will happen, though. Matter of fact, I'm 99.9% sure it WON'T happen. We had our chance last year, then it didn't happenbecause we wanted to keep Bynum, and that was (in my opinion) our only chance, and it already passed.

I guess everyone can say those things when your team goes on a six game losing streak. i love how something soo little always gets magnified.

^ So did Shaq (including himself as part of the problem). I vaguely remember Garnett doing the same thing a few times as well.

don't we have a post already about laker fans and getting Kidd for nothing already.

Ska I agree that Kidd is following that same path as those other hall of famers but how will the deal be done this year compared to last?

Bynum is nice and all but, farmar isn't needed and like I said in the other post, vince wasn't sure if he was coming back.

You are at least one of the few laker fans that understand the difficulty doing the trade.

^ Oh, I agree it will be difficult, and certain teams would be more difficult to trade with than others. Particularly, the Lakers would be one of the oredifficult teams to complete a deal with. Teams with depth are really the only teams I see completing a trade, and with that said, I think Dallas is the mostlikely destination. They have a ton of talent to offer, and they could definitely use a rebounding, passing, veteran PG. And they've got youth to let goof, talented youth that I could see the Nets front office being happy with.

I think Kidd just said what he did to get his teammates attention. He realizes the problem the quickest out of all of his teammates, and he has the veteranleadership and the respect of every other player to have that impact the rest of the team needs. I think he is going to retire a Net. Unfortunately for theraps having to play him a few more times a year. But Jason Kidd is one of the most respected players playing the game right now. Its just a matter that he hadto address, and I think that how he put things, his teammates will respond and step up and play like they can.

he's just saying that because he was too overjoyed about his triple double, that he felt like he could say that and be fine with it at that moment.

Back
Top Bottom