smh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
forget the back up
indifferent.gif

people just to busy staning

dude needed attention...and the track is wack
laugh.gif
I don't even like DOA (peep the Original post when it dropped I was hating) but you just tried to back up your point "He's hating but he used it" when he clearly didnt and has been anti-autotune for a while. Just pointing out how your argument makes no sense. But alright I'll take that stan title
smokin.gif
that does not derail my argument...that dude is trying to stay relevant

wait... when did Jay become irrelevant? Everytime and I do mean EVERYTIME he drops even a snippet of a song, there are 10-15 pages on NT about it. come on, he doesnt really need to press for attention buddy.
grin.gif

is nt the world ninja........everybody is not a jay z stan........and everybody damn sure doesn't eat the crap he does some times

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by djryan614

Keithdajuiceman wrote:
Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Keithdajuiceman wrote:
Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Yo I backed you on some points until I read your last few posts
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
forget the back up
indifferent.gif

people just to busy staning

dude needed attention...and the track is wack
laugh.gif
I don't even like DOA (peep the Original post when it dropped I was hating) but you just tried to back up your point "He's hating but he used it" when he clearly didnt and has been anti-autotune for a while. Just pointing out how your argument makes no sense. But alright I'll take that stan title
smokin.gif
that does not derail my argument...that dude is trying to stay relevant

wait... when did Jay become irrelevant? Everytime and I do mean EVERYTIME he drops even a snippet of a song, there are 10-15 pages on NT about it. come on, he doesnt really need to press for attention buddy.
grin.gif

is nt the world ninja........everybody is not a jay z stan........and everybody damn sure doesn't eat the crap he does some times

no NT is not the world ninja, just an example... Cats still care what Jay drops. period.

Gimmick or not, stating the obvious or not it needed to be said and autotune needs to be deaded

This song is like the first brick being thrown in a riot, after that, the flood gates are open

Meaning, after this song dropped, true feelings are coming out about who likes autotune and who doesn't so to say the song is pointless is ridiculous

Up and coming RAPPERS basing their whole career on autotune without RAPPING first

And no one thinks that's a problem?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by Dapper D

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ dudes wanting a rapper to be Mother Teresa or Desmond Tutu. Thats the problem with us black people we look at the wrong figures to guide us, when segregation was going on in America people didn't migrate to artist in the chitlin circuit to speak on social issues they gravitated to authentic political activists, when apartheid was occurring in Africa residents didn't look to atheletes for activism. Im all for musicians talking about social issues and brining awarness but they shouldn't be viewed as authentic spokepersons, thats for people like Cornell West, Michael Eric Dyson and etc to address. We are the ONLY people that look to entertainers and athletes for social guidance thats really gotta stop... half these cats probably never picked up a book by WED DuBios or Booker T Washington. Its good to have the Public Enemy's, Dead Prez's, Talib's and etc for social commentary but lets not expect that off EVERY rapper, I mean why don't other greats like BIG, Kool G Rap just to name a few dont get the same criticism they rapped more about violent topics than uplifiting their community. At the end of the day rappers are in the business to entertain fans they can choose to bring awarness to certain topics but can also choose to just stick to the entertainment aspect.

People wernt listening to Chitlin Circuit because they had the Nina Siamones, Sam Cookes, and Marvin Gayes...
Its not like we're asking Ace Hood to rap about Iran...
Jay will go down as one fo the greatest rap artist of all time and has basically been the face of black music for the last 10 years or so...
Why shouldent his music deal with inporant social issues...
he knows he has a powerful vocie (hence the DOA track and him thinking he can stop Autotone)
SO he should be using it for something thats imporant rather than something thats a little annoying...
When RD dropped what social issues was he rapping about..... i'll wait while you think... my point exactly why all of a sudden dudes expect him to be some socially conscious rapper when he never was in the beginning. And if he did rap about social issues dudes would be quick with the "why he trying to be like Nas and Pac" I rather a rapper be authentic and rap about stuff he geninuely cares about rather than making it appear that he does. Michael Jordan gets the same exact criticism for not being more outspoken on social issues which is also aggregious. You can't expect everybody with influence to be the next MLK, people of his stature are once in a generation type people. There's nothing that says once you become successful that you must become a social activist for something, everybody doesn't have that activist gene

Jay is no where near that same person...
Nor did he have the same influence like he does now...
Like Harlem said...all the great ones have been able to inspire and pt social issues in their music Jay should be no different...

D.O.A. was straight to me.... better than other %%! he puts out sometimes..... he never was and never will be one of the greatest to me. I only bump a few ofJigga's songs.... He was wrong for makin the entire song bout it tho, but hey I've been gettin sick of everyone usin it 2..... if u can't sing orhit a note u wanna hit....auto-tune dat ***** and everything will b gravy.... dat stuff got old real quick!!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ dudes wanting a rapper to be Mother Teresa or Desmond Tutu. Thats the problem with us black people we look at the wrong figures to guide us, when segregation was going on in America people didn't migrate to artist in the chitlin circuit to speak on social issues they gravitated to authentic political activists, when apartheid was occurring in Africa residents didn't look to atheletes for activism. Im all for musicians talking about social issues and brining awarness but they shouldn't be viewed as authentic spokepersons, thats for people like Cornell West, Michael Eric Dyson and etc to address. We are the ONLY people that look to entertainers and athletes for social guidance thats really gotta stop... half these cats probably never picked up a book by WED DuBios or Booker T Washington. Its good to have the Public Enemy's, Dead Prez's, Talib's and etc for social commentary but lets not expect that off EVERY rapper, I mean why don't other greats like BIG, Kool G Rap just to name a few dont get the same criticism they rapped more about violent topics than uplifiting their community. At the end of the day rappers are in the business to entertain fans they can choose to bring awarness to certain topics but can also choose to just stick to the entertainment aspect.

People wernt listening to Chitlin Circuit because they had the Nina Siamones, Sam Cookes, and Marvin Gayes...
Its not like we're asking Ace Hood to rap about Iran...
Jay will go down as one fo the greatest rap artist of all time and has basically been the face of black music for the last 10 years or so...
Why shouldent his music deal with inporant social issues...
he knows he has a powerful vocie (hence the DOA track and him thinking he can stop Autotone)
SO he should be using it for something thats imporant rather than something thats a little annoying...
When RD dropped what social issues was he rapping about..... i'll wait while you think... my point exactly why all of a sudden dudes expect him to be some socially conscious rapper when he never was in the beginning. And if he did rap about social issues dudes would be quick with the "why he trying to be like Nas and Pac" I rather a rapper be authentic and rap about stuff he geninuely cares about rather than making it appear that he does. Michael Jordan gets the same exact criticism for not being more outspoken on social issues which is also aggregious. You can't expect everybody with influence to be the next MLK, people of his stature are once in a generation type people. There's nothing that says once you become successful that you must become a social activist for something, everybody doesn't have that activist gene

Jay is no where near that same person...
Nor did he have the same influence like he does now...
Like Harlem said...all the great ones have been able to inspire and pt social issues in their music Jay should be no different...
Yeah but to be great you also have to make entertaining music, unlike Nas who although is lyrically better, is boring as hell. Jay-Z is moreinfluential because he makes music that appeals to a wider audience. To like artists like Nas you have to truely be a fan.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

I'll just post some tracks ya'll need to revisit from Jay for those saying that he doesn't speak to the streets...was going to post some prolific lyrics to these songs, but ya'll don't get that your not gonna read them n e way nor will you understand what it means to be "relavent" and "socially concius" since only Mia Angelou and Nikki Giovonni can relate to the street hustler, or the kid out there grinding trying to find his way in this world.
RD- D'Evils
Vol I- Where I'm from
Vol II-Hard Knock Life
Vol II-NYMP
Dynasty-Where have you been
Blueprint-Song Cry
Blueprint II-Meet the parents
Black Album-Allure
Kingdom Come-Minority Report
American Gangsta-Pray

Just give these songs a listen if you question if Jay fell off or if you think he's not touching the minds of the block. Apart from hard knock life I don' think any of these were singles, and thats how I know you guys don't really listen to Jay, yet you guys have this opinion about something you don't even listen to.

Minority Report is a perfect example of a socially aware song & yes he had a video for that. Had videos for Where I'm From & Song Cry also. Whydoesn't anyone consider Minority Report as a song in which he speaks on certain issues

I know what I'm talking about everything I wrote was correct.....

you telling me the great Jay z couldn't have made a better single to start his buzz

nawwwww he had to point out the obvious with DOA....and even his lame ++$ attempt won't stop people from using

auto tune been around before his career was born so why would a half ++$ single stop it.....like I said I'm not a fan of auto tune, but jay should've just let the acts that use it fade away.....although I doubt wayne, tpain, or kanye will go any where any time soon

Auto-tune was used in 1997 Jay-Z's career launched in 1996. Who put the sand paper on your tampon??

Originally Posted by Leebuttahz

you telling me the great Jay z couldn't have made a better single to start his buzz

nawwwww he had to point out the obvious with DOA....and even his lame ++$ attempt won't stop people from using

auto tune been around before his career was born so why would a half ++$ single stop it.....like I said I'm not a fan of auto tune, but jay should've just let the acts that use it fade away.....although I doubt wayne, tpain, or kanye will go any where any time soon

Auto-tune was used in 1997 Jay-Z's career launched in 1996. Who put the sand paper on your tampon??
they been usin autotune sine the 70's and 80's. Ever heard of Roger Troutmen? Computer Love?

Its just now becoming popular again thanks to T-pain.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

they been usin autotune sine the 70's and 80's. Ever heard of Roger Troutmen? Computer Love?

Roger didn't use autotune. He used something called a talkbox. Two different things, and Stevie Wonder was using the talkbox before Roger.

nevermind u right

I am very familiar with Zapp and Roger, That was called a vocoder/talk box, which is a way different technique/function than Auto-tune. Auto-tune is vocalcorrection tool, meaning the artist can't sing too well and it corrects the bad vocal pitches. Zapp used a talk box which allows him to modify the sound ofan instrument.

teddy pendergrass came out in 1997????

the hell out of here trying to establish the difference between auto tune and a talk box....thats like you going shopping and trying to figure out if you wanta tampon or tampax.....

who cares jay is just a has been and he was way over hyped. People say he is a legend... #%$^& please!!! Nas was always better than jay and Now kanye isbetter than him and is helping jay on the blueprint 3 because he cant rap

Originally Posted by sam206

who cares jay is just a has been and he was way over hyped. People say he is a legend... #%$^& please!!! Nas was always better than jay and Now kanye is better than him and is helping jay on the blueprint 3 because he cant rap

teddy pendergrass came out in 1997????

the hell out of here trying to establish the difference between auto tune and a talk box....thats like you going shopping and trying to figure out if you want a tampon or tampax.....

How about you actually do some research before you come in here yapping your mouth with blind anger. LOL did Jay smash your chick backstage? or are you DJwebstar's or "ether boy'S" lil brother? LOL, you don't even deserve to have a legend like Michael as your avy.

Originally Posted by sam206

who cares jay is just a has been and he was way over hyped. People say he is a legend... #%$^& please!!! Nas was always better than jay and Now kanye is better than him and is helping jay on the blueprint 3 because he cant rap
Kanye betta than Jay????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
u need 2 chill wit that type of talk homie what's Kanye last album "808 heartbreak" & what was Jigga's last "AmericanGangster" one was a classic the other was trash & 808 wasn't the classic
& you said he can't rap??OMG even Jay's biggest haters give him props u just talkin crazy now homie sum of that powder that you sniffin got youtrippin homie

DOA is the song hungry artist should be making...... I know dudes getting signed and are selling their souls to autotune b4 any heat is released.... Jay Z hasdeclined since TBA but he still has a few bangers left in him.... We need artists with a Message these days cuz all this ****ery hucking and jiving needs tostop.... Not sure who's up for the challenge but... My one man movement is coming.... 99.7% away from my debut double CD.... 3rd and 4th are being workedon as I lay here on the beach....

Be on the look out for visas and passports vol 1 and 2 end of july... Hip hop bailout coming in the fall and visas and passports vol3 comingjanuary 2010....

Shameless promotion I know

Back
Top Bottom