Jay-z Talks about RD, In my lifetime, & Blueprint (Mentions regrets wit in my lifetime)

m16

Banned
He look so unconfortable
laugh.gif

The irony damn near coming out my computer screen and watched this video with me when he said he messed up by "tryna get on the radio"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by M16

He look so unconfortable
laugh.gif

The irony damn near coming out my computer screen and watched this video with me when he said he messed up by "tryna get on the radio"
eyes.gif

i see your point, but name a successful artist who hasnt tried to get on the radio. go ahead.

He's mentioned this before, not in that detail tho....I never thought about it like that, from the actual artist's perspective.

Its still a classic in my eyes tho. One or two songs (we all know the one in particular) doesnt ruin a multiple classic tracks for me.

Originally Posted by M16

He look so unconfortable
laugh.gif
I've noticed this A LOT. I wonder if under all the expensive clothes and away from all the money and the fame -- if Jay-Z is even remotely as"cool" as he says he is.

Hearing Jay talk about Vol. 1 makes me feel proud to be the type of MC I am. I mean, who's that honest? It's crazy that this guy is worth AT LEAST70,000 Young Rillas and yet we be on the same #@+* regardless of the fact that I'm in the hood and he's somewhere living the Dream. I can't listento some of my stuff cause I feel I "tried too hard" to make it something somebody said it should have been instead of just doing what I setout to do. Man, I swear that boy Jay-Z be seeming like a __ I know or something. It's crazy
grin.gif

Vol.1 is a classic album, I don't care what anybody says. It starts off beautiful, loses you with the Puffy track, grabs you back in and only loses youwith the Foxy joint. Everything else is dope as hell. And am I tripping or is that "Real _____'s" with Too Short one of the most slept on jointsfrom that lp? Just a nice joint to ride to while the sun is setting or whatever.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Vol.1 is a classic album, I don't care what anybody says. It starts off beautiful, loses you with the Puffy track, grabs you back in and only loses you with the Foxy joint. Everything else is dope as hell. And am I tripping or is that "Real _____'s" with Too Short one of the most slept on joints from that lp? Just a nice joint to ride to while the sun is setting or whatever.

laugh.gif
emo thug ++$ __

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Illuztrious wrote:

Vol.1 is a classic album, I don't care what anybody says. It starts off beautiful, loses you with the Puffy track, grabs you back in and only loses you with the Foxy joint. Everything else is dope as hell. And am I tripping or is that "Real _____'s" with Too Short one of the most slept on joints from that lp? Just a nice joint to ride to while the sun is setting or whatever.

laugh.gif
emo thug @*$ __

"Get ya' %*** scarred !+@%!%* with my sick squad, from Marcy, to the Bay ya'll"...

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

M16 wrote:

He look so unconfortable
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

i see your point, but name a successful artist who hasnt tried to get on the radio. go ahead.

Adding in a little mainstream appeal to reach a wider audience (See: Nas) is different from almost completely putting out trash and doing whatever it takesjust to get white kids to like you. If you take a moment to step off Jay's nuts and really look at his career, it's bluntly obvious. He's mad heput commercial trash on an album with some actual good cuts (Vol. 1) but it seems like dude didn't learn (or didn't care) because he just got more andmore into the commercial trash with less and less quality on each album, to the point where an album with just a couple of good cuts on it is hailed as anachievement or "classic" by his d-riders. Looking at how BP3 is coming along... going from "DoA" anti-soft/auto-tune to a single withRhianna and Kanye just a few weeks later
roll.gif
... this dude really thinks his fans are mentally handicapped. He's flip flopping all over the placetrying to appeal to and please everyone at the same time but coming short in all aspects.

Success isn't always commercial either, Kool G Rap damn near carried hip hop on his back as it transitioned from the 80's into the 90's.... are yougonna tell me he isn't "successful" because some clown like Nelly can sell more albums ? At the end of the day how you will be remembered in thehip hop world isn't about what's in your bank account or in your garage, it's what you bought to the table with your music.

I guess he summed it up in this interview himself. He got into music to get into the business and money side, and it's obvious looking at his career hewill do whatever it is to make money.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by jthagreat

M16 wrote:

He look so unconfortable
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Adding in a little mainstream appeal to reach a wider audience (See: Nas)

Stop.

And am I tripping or is that "Real _____'s" with Too Short one of the most slept on joints from that lp?
Want Biggie to rest in peace, as well as Pac...

how real is that?

"I don't surf the 'net, no I never been on MySpace."

Enh.

Good interview though. After watching some of those clips from the pre-Reasonable Doubt thread, I could give credence to the "not as cool as heappears" way of looking at him.

Take out those 2 tracks from vol 1...
put in wishing on a star...
and just leave it at 13 tracks...
@*%!@%% CLASSIC ALBUM right there...

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

M16 wrote:

jthagreat wrote:

M16 wrote:

He look so unconfortable
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Adding in a little mainstream appeal to reach a wider audience (See: Nas)

Stop.

I know how much you love Jigga, but let's be serious here....

Nas singles:

"Halftime"
"It Ain't Hard to Tell"
"The World Is Yours"
"Life's a %*+%$" (feat. AZ & Olu Dara)
"One Love" (feat. Q-Tip)
"If I Ruled the World (Imagine That)" (f/ Lauryn Hill)
"Street Dreams"
"The Message"
"Nas Is Like"
"Hate Me Now" (feat. Puff Daddy)
"Nastradamus"
"You Owe Me"
"Got Ur Self A..."
"One Mic"
"Made You Look"
"I Can"
"Get Down"
"Thief's Theme"
"Bridging the Gap" (feat. Olu Dara)
"Just a Moment" (feat. Quan)
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (feat. will.i.am)
"Can't Forget about You" (feat. Chrisette Michele)
"Hero"
"Make the World Go Round" (feat. The Game and Chris Brown)

Jay singles....

Reasonable Doubt
"Dead Presidents" · "Ain't No $*$@%" · "Can't Knock the Hustle" · "Feelin' It"
In My Lifetime, Vol. 1
"(Always Be My) Sunshine" · "The City Is Mine" · "Wishing On A Star"
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life
"Can I Get A..." · "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" · "Money, Cash, @*@+" · "Jigga What, Jigga Who"
Vol. 3… Life and Times of S. Carter
"Jigga My $*$@%" · "Do It Again (Put Ya Hands Up)" · Things That U Do" · "Big Pimpin'"
The Dynasty: Roc La Familia
"I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)" · "Change the Game" · "Guilty Until Proven Innocent"
The Blueprint
"Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" · "Girls, Girls, Girls" · "Jigga That $*$@%" · "Song Cry"
The Blueprint²: The Gift & the Curse
"'03 Bonnie & Clyde" · "Hovi Baby" · "Excuse Me Miss"
The Black Album
"What More Can I Say" · "Change Clothes" · "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" · "99 Problems"
Kingdom Come
"Show Me What You Got" · "Lost One" · "Hollywood" · "30 Something"
American Gangster
"Blue Magic" · "Roc Boys (And the Winner Is)..." · "I Know"
The Blueprint 3
"D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)" · "Run This Town"

You gonna sit here and try to tell me otherwise while trying to ignore the difference jumping out at you ? There's a clear difference here between adding abit of songs that appeal outside your usual fan base and making "Show Me What You Got"

None of you find anything wrong with DOA being right next to "Run This Town" ? back to back on the same damn album, weeks apart ? and y'all sayThe Game is the bipolar one....

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Damn this herb stay copy pasting %!++ trying to get cred. Just Stop.

What ?

Oh, right you're the same kid who was making a different thread about me every week over at the other site. Then made this alternate account talking abouthow you were gonna "come find me".

I give you permission to take the knee pads off.

Back
Top Bottom