JEOPARDY "MAN vs. MACHINE ( IBM WATSON ) vol. SKYNET

I saw it earlier, pretty dumb on the show but the actual technology was really interesting.

I saw it earlier, pretty dumb on the show but the actual technology was really interesting.

Ya, I was watching. Interesting to see how a handful of questions actually stumped it, where its confidence in the right answer was nowhere near the threshold.

Ya, I was watching. Interesting to see how a handful of questions actually stumped it, where its confidence in the right answer was nowhere near the threshold.

This computer got 5200 going into the break already
laugh.gif

Watson just missed 4 questions

Oh crap this is cheap!!!  The show just ended after the first round of Regulation Jeopardy. 

I watch JEOPARDY almost every night, and I'd much rather watch humans play

Watson just missed 4 questions

Oh crap this is cheap!!!  The show just ended after the first round of Regulation Jeopardy. 

I watch JEOPARDY almost every night, and I'd much rather watch humans play

^ seriously... the technology was amazing though.
the whole time when they were explaining the computer i was thinkin.. maaan theyre taking up a lot of time..
turns out tonight was only round 1....
#pissed lol

^ seriously... the technology was amazing though.
the whole time when they were explaining the computer i was thinkin.. maaan theyre taking up a lot of time..
turns out tonight was only round 1....
#pissed lol

yeah smh @ only one round tonight.

it's pretty interesting but not mind-bottling.

i hope a human wins.

i hope a human wins.

I missed the first part of the show, was the % outlook that popped up after every question, what Watson was leaning toward or...?

Anyways that was crazy how they introduced a computer into this, I'll definitely be watching the next two rounds.

I missed the first part of the show, was the % outlook that popped up after every question, what Watson was leaning toward or...?

Anyways that was crazy how they introduced a computer into this, I'll definitely be watching the next two rounds.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

i hope a human wins.
roll.gif
Would Watson make this mistake? Good lord.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

i hope a human wins.
roll.gif
Would Watson make this mistake? Good lord.

Ken Jennings: "What is the 1920s?"

Alex Trebek: "No."

Watson: "What is the 1920s?"

Alex Trebek: "No, Ken already said that."

roll.gif

This is stupid, though. I like playing along like most people and the fact they show the answers before someone rings in is BS. The entertainment value isn't there, especially when they spent 2/3 of the show explaining the technology. Just play the damn game!
mad.gif

Ken Jennings: "What is the 1920s?"

Alex Trebek: "No."

Watson: "What is the 1920s?"

Alex Trebek: "No, Ken already said that."

roll.gif

This is stupid, though. I like playing along like most people and the fact they show the answers before someone rings in is BS. The entertainment value isn't there, especially when they spent 2/3 of the show explaining the technology. Just play the damn game!
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom