Jessie Ware: New Single "Midnight" Posted

Looks like Britain has another artist rising among the ranks:

Jessie+Ware+JW_PNG_090512_02.png

South Londoner Jessie Ware. Some of you are already familiar with her, she was one of the main vocalist on SBTRKT's debut album which released last summer, on the tracks "Sanctuary" and "Right Thing To Do". She also has a few collaborations done with Sampha, another vocalist featured on the SBTRK debut. Some of her biggest influences are Sade, Aaliyah, Mary J. Blige and Lauryn Hill. Her debut album is slated to drop in August.

Last edited:
She's special, huge fan of all her work with SBTRKT & Sampha
Check out the Running Remix with Disclosure

Running Remix is flames. I'm trying my best to not to play her current stuff too much because I want to hear how it all comes together on her debut.

On another note....Britain is putting out some real good #$% over the past few years. I hope her and Lianne blow.

Yeah the UK has the juice musically, it's really amazing what's going on over there, deserves it's own thread IMO

I'd post the official video but y'all know how it goes with the stupid label blocks and so on 
30t6p3b.gif

And yeah, I actually was thinking about starting a thread on the U.K. music scene....I feel like the U.K. and even Canada have been putting out some really good artists with substance. I feel like the U.S. has been outdone the past few years.

Haven't been keeping up with this thread like I meant too but better late than never.

Album teaser video...this @#$% needs to drop now.

pimp.gif

Ironically, I heard about her on a Sade message board.  And when those folks throw a new artist in the same breath as Sade, they're usually spot on.  

Looking forward to the album for sure.   

Album cover and tracklist

Jessie Ware – Devotion
01 Devotion
02 Wildest Moments
03 Running
04 Still Love Me
05 No to Love
06 Night Light
07 Swan Song
08 Sweet Talk
09 110%
10 Taking in Water
11 Something Inside

Black Cab Sessions

I've been looking for more info on her since her work with SBTRKT.

England seems to push artists with more of a "pure" sound than we do in the States. We have plenty of artists like this here, but most are stuck on small indie labels and don't get half of the recognition they deserve.

I've been looking for more info on her since her work with SBTRKT.
England seems to push artists with more of a "pure" sound than we do in the States. We have plenty of artists like this here, but most are stuck on small indie labels and don't get half of the recognition they deserve.

Definitely. I've been saying for a minute that England has been outdoing us on the music scene when it comes to artists with substance and success.

I wonder if this is worth grabbing a vinyl copy.
I'm coping regardless off the strength of Running.

Album is flames :pimp: , already another one of my favorites out the gate.

Sometimes it sounds like she's trying to imitate Whitney Houston vocally.

Back
Top Bottom