Jim Jones overacheived like a MFer

Jim had a hell of a run... Definitely underappreciated.

Never really understood the hate folks had for him after Max left. Or why people think that he did Max wrong...

Having said that... Jones, Max, and $tacks definitely was supposed to bubble. What they gave us on those MOB mixtapes was pure fire...

Lets not forget how Jones had a lot of dudes walking around with dusty braids, Hanes white tees, and wallet chains...

And how "Ballin" was playing throughout the speakers of Giants Stadium on a weekly basis...

Jones really couldn't miss in the mid 00's...

Hypeman to having 3 record deals at the same... Always respected his work ethic and business accumen...

Oh, and probably his most overlooked project:

View media item 1004301

First heard this cat back on cam's album in 98 on that jimmy cut. Saw dude and had g braids like us west coast cats had. Respect towards his longevity in the game :smokin

Nobody could tell me nothing when I had Byrd Gang Money playing on my headphones...I had some money in my pocket so I spent it (stupidly of course) on gear and used to walk around thinking I was that dude and that was my theme song :lol:

He's a gangsta, he's gangsta, he's a Gan-yan-yan-yan-yangggg

Shame we were denied that Jones/Bigavell greatness 
mean.gif

OMWTC is his beset album yet.

I remember I used to sneak it away from moms back then when she went to class.

how yall forget "shootouts" with sen city tho...one of jims best songs. easy tho.

ed hardy ehh but trues definitely  on a mainstream level even though I saw DC cats wearing them first 
Nah, that was the era of the Nike boots, the last dawn of the Pelles, and an outbreak of wallet chains and skulls.  Got hot in Harlem and popped after across the country.  ACGs was a staple in Harlem but I'd say DC was definitely on it heavy and maybe even a little before NY. 

he'll tell you himself, he;'s no rapper he's a hustler and that's exactly what he did.. but he did have 2 dope albums Hustlers POME and Harlem, Diary Of A Summer

great thread. jones definitely did his thing in the mid 2000s. the MOB mixtapes, 7 day theory, diary of a summer, hustlers pome, all had classic tracks on em. put max and stacks together too, can't deny he had an ear for talent and a hell of a hustle.

it truly disappoints me what happened between him and max b, to this day he'll never speak on it.

Back
Top Bottom