John Mayer "Born and Raised" 5/22/12 1st Single "Shadow Days"

looking fwd; Shadow Days is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

john-mayer-born-raised-cover-art.jpg

whaaaaa???? J. Mayer bout to drop an album??? this is unexpected and appreciated...dude always puts out quality products...

wow I guess the JM love on NT died; a few years ago he was one of the few non rappers to hit the "hot topic" on his thread

Sucks he won't go on tour anymore. Can't wait until this releases. The only "good" thing to come from his setback is that he's going to be working on his next album much sooner (now) than previous years when it felt like forever between albums.

I've definitely become less of a fan but I still appreciate the music from the past. It was right for where I was in life. I can't really get down with this new cowboy persona he's projecting.

I've been waiting for some new Mayer for a while. Sucks he had to cancel his tour yet again due to issues with his vocal chords
frown.gif

i steal every single guitar lick he ever has done. Can't wait to give it a spin.

Continuum > *

Continuum and Battle Studies were two of the best albums from the '00s.

Hoping this follows suit.

I'm not feeling his new folk/country/Johnny Depp-wannabe persona, it definitely affected the music. I've been keeping up with his Tumblr, definitely some random stuff on there.

And he's already performed the album in its entirety during shows throughout 2011. You can find it on youtube. I'm still looking forward to the album, just not anticipating it like his other projects.

That born and raised track is serious. The live performance is amazing. Im impressed, JM never disappoints.

Didn't notice this thread until I went searching.

Love "Shadow Days"... but then again, I'll play pretty much anything JM records.

It's unfortunate he won't be touring this album, but if he goes straight into writing a new album-- as he claims he will-- I won't complain.

I called his fall off back in '07 after continuum. I knew he'd crack after that run of flawless albums. Now he's looking like Popeye with no spinach.

Battle Studies didn't sell well and didn't receive favorable reviews. He had the playboy interview which cost him all sorts of fanfare and favor. This new album (from what I've heard) sounds like he fell asleep watching Sons of Anarchy.

Back
Top Bottom