Johnny Rain: Lullaby of Machine. Villain, New Tape "11" Just Dropped

Last edited:
Was gonna make a thread but assumed it woudld get no replies . ..  saw him on the LiveMixtapes "New" or whatever section a while back, checked it out (Cover art is important upcoming artists), and liked it . . . obviously sounds like the weeknd, but from the live mixtapes comments, people are implying he has done ghostwriting for weeknd

A dude from KTT, Nova produced alot of these tracks

I like some of these songs more than I like the Weeknd's tracks . . . he's on my radar

Lovely Hallucination is absolutely amazing. 

Paranoid, Black Yayo, Twisted High, all piff

This guy really sampled Beach House exactly like the Weeknd did

roll.gif

Don't even care though, music isn't too shabby

I will blind dl the tape and we'll see how it goes in a few months from now. I'll be back someday to this topic probably.

Bout to check the new tape. The last one was hit or miss with me, absolutely loved a few songs didn't **** with the rest at all. 

Came here from the PND thread...

He's decent but I can't get over the fact that this is basically a showcase of 2 very good impersonations: Frank Ocean and Weeknd. His name even uses the Frank Ocean format. He could have used "Johnny Pond" or "Johnny Sea" but it would have been too blatant.

Having said that, the production is incredible and that's plenty of incentive for me to keep checking for him.

Thats my main gripe about him. His songs are either borderline amazing or absolutely trash. There are no in betweens.

My favorite songs from his new tape (in order)

1. Roll With the Ocean ---- this song could be in a movie trailer/credits/anything too much Frank Ocean vibe
2. P.U.S.S.Y
3. Isis
4. Head
5. I Wont Beg for You Anymore

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom