Jordan 1 High Black Toe Reimagined - February 1, 2025

Funny how the "If You Know, You Know" factor is a selling point for everyone that wants to justify spending too much on over-hyped collaborations or rare models, like they they're not buying to "flex" but hoping for knowledgeable people to shout them out for it, but it's turned into "If People Don't Know, They'll Think I'm Wearing Fakes" if they don't nail every aspect of your personal opinion of what features they should release with.

I don't understand.

Add the wings and it’s an amazing release

Still can’t wait to strike out on these though
You’re not wrong but it’ s hard to remove such an important part of the design (in this case, the Wings logo which was MJ’s OG logo) and not have a negative impact on how people view this release.

The people who will wear them don’t care. The people who put their shoes in display cases won’t like them.
I mean the same could be said about AJ 1 Mids lol

Wear what you like, at the end of the day but the hate on these is understandable since they are inferior to the 2016s.

I mean the same could be said about AJ 1 Mids lol

Wear what you like, at the end of the day but the hate on these is understandable since they are inferior to the 2016s.
I’m fine with people hating them. Makes it easier for me to scoop up a pair. But if you took note of the people who are hating on these right now, I think it is more likely than not that they end up buying a pair vs sitting out this release. We’ve seen it with every reimagined release.

I don’t think a change in the logo is a big deal. Shoot, I’d say 98% of the people in this thread who’ve been around as long as I’ve been have OG colorways with a Jumpman on the back instead of Nike Air. This ain’t the first time Jordan Brand has produced a retro and put the wrong logo on it. At least in this case, we are getting a logo that was on the prototype

I can understand the preference for the wings logo, just like I understand the preference for Nike Air over the Jumpman.

But it’s not a deal breaker for me if everything else on the shoe is A1.

Especially considering the fact that the original sample pair or prototype or whatever had Air Jordan on it.

…but that’s just me.

I’m fine with people hating them. Makes it easier for me to scoop up a pair. But if you took note of the people who are hating on these right now, I think it is more likely than not that they end up buying a pair vs sitting out this release. We’ve seen it with every reimagined release.

I don’t think a change in the logo is a big deal. Shoot, I’d say 98% of the people in this thread who’ve been around as long as I’ve been have OG colorways with a Jumpman on the back instead of Nike Air. This ain’t the first time Jordan Brand has produced a retro and put the wrong logo on it. At least in this case, we are getting a logo that was on the prototype

IMG_3924.jpeg

This release is the shoe of all this year for me. I dont care what gets looked at or perceived as fake. Wings are great, but the font will only come once and Im all for it.
My only gripe would be that they should have made the swoosh big as hell to seperate from the other 1s. The box is awesome also. Ultimate 1984 throwback release. The history of all beginning of this model is captured in this shoe.
t0btvu6k9if01.jpg

Grail status for me.
Red laces only.
Hoping for two pairs .

Lol it is a pretty good troll job considering:

- 2016s had a white tongue, wings logo
- 2023 lows have the black tongue/wings branding correct, but it’s a low
- 2024 has a black tongue, no wings logo

We’re 1-2 iterations away from them giving us the proper retro, and even that’s tricky given we have the Retro mold and ‘85 mold :lol:

Is it even trolling at this point?

JB up to their usual BS
Far from trolling.

We all know it’s a collection piece to have.

Back
Top Bottom