Jordan 1 High OG Bloodline - Black/Red

I'm really diggin my pair. What I really like is how they changed the material in the collar area, I find it much more plush and comfortable compared to what the past og highs usually have.
These have better quality than the gym reds. Like everywhere you touch.

Plan on picking up a pair once they get to a price range I like since they're sitting . These with white laces are the move.

I have 2 pairs that I plan on turning into Chicago's and Black/reds. Have all the paint I need. Only thing I gotta get is the Krylon matte finisher. Not going to go to a store right now (I'm a transplant patient so I have to be VERY careful to not catch this as my immune system is severely compromised). Gotta see if I can find it on Amazon.

I have 2 pairs that I plan on turning into Chicago's and Black/reds. Have all the paint I need. Only thing I gotta get is the Krylon matte finisher. Not going to go to a store right now (I'm a transplant patient so I have to be VERY careful to not catch this as my immune system is severely compromised). Gotta see if I can find it on Amazon.
Hey you mind posting what do i need to buy to turn these into bred 1s?
Thanks

Hey you mind posting what do i need to buy to turn these into bred 1s?
Thanks

Sure. Let me round up the stuff. It's in 2 separate boxes. Most stuff you can piece together on Amazon as I heard Angelus isn't shipping paint right now.

Also, to let you know, I just watched the video from Sneakerheadinthebay on YouTube. He does great work.

Man, I regret not copping at retail. Would love to do a custom bred toe with these. Resell is at 200+ for my size.

would love to see the Chicago custom. I plan on doing the same.

357CC807-88AA-4CC1-8143-BDA92CAD318A.jpeg

I cut the piping off mine.
Great Job! I have a pair that I bought to convert into Chicago's, but I haven't gotten close to collecting everything else I need. I have looked at a lot of the customs on youtube and I see that no one cut the piping off. Could you share what you used? Which parts were the hardest? Thanks.

Great Job! I have a pair that I bought to convert into Chicago's, but I haven't gotten close to collecting everything else I need. I have looked at a lot of the customs on youtube and I see that no one cut the piping off. Could you share what you used? Which parts were the hardest? Thanks.

I used an exacto knife. I'd pull the seam back using my thumb and cut toward the seem and not toward the leather surface. Go slow. Score the felt and pull at it. You'll see where you didnt go thru when scoring. Then cut the spots "still holding on" this will prevent cutting the leather or the stitching. When scoring, if you hear a bump or bouncing you're cutting on the stitching so don't do that. I wish i video recorded it.

The most difficult parts in general is where the seams overlap and the most difficult part is the toe box where the toes bend, that semi circular notch.

I used an exacto knife. I'd pull the seam back using my thumb and cut toward the seem and not toward the leather surface. Go slow. Score the felt and pull at it. You'll see where you didnt go thru when scoring. Then cut the spots "still holding on" this will prevent cutting the leather or the stitching. When scoring, if you hear a bump or bouncing you're cutting on the stitching so don't do that. I wish i video recorded it.

The most difficult parts in general is where the seams overlap and the most difficult part is the toe box where the toes bend, that semi circular notch.

noob question, what does “scoring” mean in reference to cutting off the felt? Thanks so much for the detailed response . I got my exacto knife ready to go. One more question, are you going to stick with the red around the swoosh?

noob question, what does “scoring” mean in reference to cutting off the felt? Thanks so much for the detailed response . I got my exacto knife ready to go. One more question, are you going to stick with the red around the swoosh?

Scoring is when you make cuts or passes with the exacto knife but not cutting all the way thru. So it takes a few passes (or scoring) before you cut all the way thru.

Undecided if im keeping red around the swooshes. As of right now im leaving them, i even left a little red tab on the back. Unsure if im keeping that either.

Attachments

• 15854416813121345845171593830472.jpg
    15854416813121345845171593830472.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 199
Scoring is when you make cuts or passes with the exacto knife but not cutting all the way thru. So it takes a few passes (or scoring) before you cut all the way thru.

Undecided if im keeping red around the swooshes. As of right now im leaving them, i even left a little red tab on the back. Unsure if im keeping that either.

Man these look clean af. I’ve been trying hard to resist scooping up a pair and this doesn’t make it any easier

Hey thought I’d ‘pipe’ in and show you mine that I cleaned up. Only downer is the black on black around the ankle. Might paint them to look like the not for resale’s without the writing.
Im gonna paint the red lining black. Hopefully it turns out to be a nice black and white 1.

It’s pretty easy to cut the trim off and would think it would be a quicker process? I just used an exacto knife.
I’ve seen them painted black and everything seems a bit bulky looking But each to their own I guess :smile:

It’s pretty easy to cut the trim off and would think it would be a quicker process? I just used an exacto knife.
I’ve seen them painted black and everything seems a bit bulky looking But each to their own I guess :smile:
I also used an exact knife. Process wasn't as hard as I thought it would. Only section that looks iffy was the bottom portion near the eyelets.

Back
Top Bottom