Jordan 1 OG HIGH “Spider-Verse” 12/14/18

Jordan 1 fatigue. I’ve been a AJ1 lover since the patent pack in 2003. But JB needs to really chill.

I don’t understand this complaint that is being tossed around. If you don't like a colorway then don't buy it, but at least you have more colorways to choose from. If we assume that consumer demand remains somewhat constant year-over-year, Nike/JB is going to produce the same amount of AJ1s year-over-year based on that demand. They're driven by sales and revenue performance. They can either decide to produce 6 different AJ1 colorways in massive GR quantities--lets say 250k pairs of each colorway for 1.5 million pairs--or they can produce 2 colorways in massive GR quantities and produce 10 to 12 colorways in more limited quantities. But in either case, they're going to have to sell those 1.5 million pairs of AJ1s to beat their previous year, unless they're crazy enough to think that they can replace those sales by releasing more AJ8s. And if they release 6 colorways as massive GRs, then they're going to sit on shelves for more than 3 days, at which point the masses begin to think that they must not be cool anymore...

I don’t understand this complaint that is being tossed around. If you don't like a colorway then don't buy it, but at least you have more colorways to choose from. If we assume that consumer demand remains somewhat constant year-over-year, Nike/JB is going to produce the same amount of AJ1s year-over-year based on that demand. They're driven by sales and revenue performance. They can either decide to produce 6 different AJ1 colorways in massive GR quantities--lets say 250k pairs of each colorway for 1.5 million pairs--or they can produce 2 colorways in massive GR quantities and produce 10 to 12 colorways in more limited quantities. But in either case, they're going to have to sell those 1.5 million pairs of AJ1s to beat their previous year, unless they're crazy enough to think that they can replace those sales by releasing more AJ8s. And if they release 6 colorways as massive GRs, then they're going to sit on shelves for more than 3 days, at which point the masses begin to think that they must not be cool anymore...
6s been dropping in ugly colorways though. Aside from the green Gatorade and white Gatorade, 6s have been very weak. Seems the Olympic and 2014 non OGs are the only 6s that fly.

they are running out of ideas huh? what about just retro OG colors in bigger quantities... they will sell out anyways... like OG chicagos and banned
Not how Nike works...Nike fuels the reselling business..and the reselling business fuels Nike ...it’s a win win for both of them

I’ve been on Nt for a good while. You’re telling me nothing I don’t know. Still, Jordan 1 fatigue. That’s a self statement, I’m not speaking for the world my guy.

I’ve been on Nt for a good while. You’re telling me nothing I don’t know. Still, Jordan 1 fatigue. That’s a self statement, I’m not speaking for the world my guy.

Yeah I feel you, I'm just saying that I keep hearing that general sentiment. And I just picked your post to respond to that sentiment generally

6C4BD424-1F36-4ADC-A1BD-7F721CD64A14.jpeg

put Jordan 1's in the vault

kinda srs. they're whoring out this shoe with so many color ways its OD now

They haven't released any more colorways this year than they did in 2017, 2016, or 2015...

Edit: to make my point and because I was curious:-

2016:
Black Ying Yang;
White Ying Yang;
Grove Green Patent;
Black Patent;
Deep Royal Patent;
Bred/Banneds;
Top 3s;
Black Toes;
RSBB;
Storm Blues;
Rare Air Max Orange;
White Elephant Print;
Red Elephant Print;
Black Elephant Print "Un-supreme";
2016 All Stars;
Gold Medals;
Silver Medals;
Bronze Medals;
White 'Vachetta Tans';
Black 'Vachetta Tans';
Metallic Navys;
Lettermans;
Nouveau Snakeskins;
Nouveau DFA;
Nouveau BHM;
Nouveau Militia;
Nouveau Navy;

If thats all of them, then that was 27 total colorways not including the AJKOs or "deconstructeds" or "ultra highs." The difference then (2016) was that Nike was releasing **** colorways without Nike Air on the tongue. They were literally forgettable.

Last edited:
They haven't released any more colorways this year than they did in 2017, 2016, or 2015...

Edit: to make my point and because I was curious:-

2016:
Black Ying Yang;
White Ying Yang;
Grove Green Patent;
Black Patent;
Deep Royal Patent;
Bred/Banneds;
Top 3s;
Black Toes;
RSBB;
Storm Blues;
Rare Air Max Orange;
White Elephant Print;
Red Elephant Print;
Black Elephant Print "Un-supreme";
2016 All Stars;
Gold Medals;
Silver Medals;
Bronze Medals;
White 'Vachetta Tans';
Black 'Vachetta Tans';
Metallic Navys;
Lettermans;
Nouveau Snakeskins;
Nouveau DFA;
Nouveau BHM;
Nouveau Militia;
Nouveau Navy;

If thats all of them, then that was 27 total colorways not including the AJKOs or "deconstructeds" or "ultra highs." The difference then (2016) was that Nike was releasing **** colorways without Nike Air on the tongue. They were literally forgettable.

Nobody cares about non-OG 1s though, we off that since we started getting consistent NA 1 retros.

put Jordan 1's in the vault

kinda srs. they're whoring out this shoe with so many color ways its OD now

The stupidest part is there are literally a TON of OG cws that are yet to retro. Neutral Greys and the rest of the metallics, specifically.

The should put the og jumpman hangtag on these but make it spiderman shooting a web instead of a basketball

That would be corny AF especially since there is no visible Jumpman branding or tags on OG 1s. I always hated that stupid Hare 1 logo, it looks silly tbh.

So it is to promote Spider-Man: Enter the Spider-Verse (the movie releases December 25th).

Back
Top Bottom