Jordan 13 White/Black-True Red Retro vs. OG Comparison

Posted at NiceKicks.com.

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-1.jpg

The countdown is on until the release of the first of eleven Countdown Packages. The Jordan 13 is half of the first set, but as usual, we needed to have acloser look and comparison to the original. Overall the shoes are the closest to the original we have ever compared. Colors vary ever so slightly and only acouple of stitching patterns separate the the original and the remake.

The first Countdown Package release in just a little more than a week on January 19th. The price for the set is $310, but given the limited numbers,don't expect reseller or eBay prices to be anywhere close to that.
[table][tr][td]Model:
Availability:
Price:
Product Code:
Release Date:
Color:
Info:[/td] [td]Air Jordan 13
Limited Release
$310 (countdown pack)
318539-991
01/19/2008
White/Black-True Red
Jordan Release Dates[/td] [/tr][/table]
air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-2.jpg

Air Jordan 13 OG - Side shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-3.jpg

Air Jordan 13 OG - Front angle shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-4.jpg

Air Jordan 13 OG - Rear angle shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-5.jpg

Air Jordan 13 OG - Sole shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-6.jpg

Air Jordan 13 Retro - Side shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-7.jpg

Air Jordan 13 Retro - Front angle shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-8.jpg

Air Jordan 13 Retro - Rear angle shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-9.jpg

Air Jordan 13 Retro - Sole shot

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-10.jpg

Hologram comparison - Age has gotten the best of the originals

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-11.jpg

Tongue comparison - OG tongue is the same soft leather used on the toe. Retro uses a poly-urethane (pleather) tongue that does not match toe.

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-12.jpg

Side comparison - The suede side panel meets the midsole at different places - hard to see, but a minor difference.

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-13.jpg

Rear comparison - White leather side panel nearly touches midsoles on the retros(right) while there is some noticeable space on the OGs(left).

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-14.jpg

Sole comparison - Painting job on the OG sole was clean and crisp - the same cannot be said for the retros…quite sloppy.

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-15.jpg

Sole comparison - Again you can see the paint job is pretty sloppy on the retros, but also the carbon fiber plates are slightly different. The OG one has asmoother consistency whereas the retro plate looks more like carbon fiber.

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-16.jpg

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-17.jpg

Tag comparison - Tags are placed pretty much in the same place as the originals.

air-jordan-13-white-black-og-retro-comparison-18.jpg

Insole Comparison - OG featured the jumpman and the retros have a special Countdown Package insole.

Thanks! I enjoy these comparison posts especially with all the detailed pics!

The shape is off, crappy leather is used, and they are a little bit lower than the og's- pass.

Nice comparison. Thanks!!
pimp.gif
These are one of the better retroes IMHO. They are almost exact to the OG (which are lookin' fresh in those pics
smokin.gif
).The worst part of the retro IMO is that cheap looking tounge leather, but that isn't that bad. I'll eventually copp a pair, but I'll passon the pack.

BTW, my NK shirt (Playoff VIII shirt) arrived today. I must say it is
pimp.gif

Thanks halfyhalf!!!

yall niketalk*!+*!!! whine and complain about anything..i bet yall get madd because one ball hangs lower than the other..

GREAT IMAGES.

but.. IMO

Retro > OG

The sewn on logo on the insole is a better touch.

"Sole comparison - Painting job on the OG sole was clean and crisp - the same cannot be said for the retros…quite sloppy."

Do I have to go to the vault and grab all my og colors. OG had the same issue.

"Overall the shoes are the closest to the original we have ever compared"

Please see: White Red Retro 8 mid, White Black retro 9, White Red 14 retros

Great comparison. These, IMO, are going to be one of my favorite retros and as ny giant 11 said; the sewn on logo on the insole does make a bettertouch.
pimp.gif

Thanks for the comparison i wish i had the og in my collection..i will b coppin this package no doubt about that..

Please see: White Red Retro 8 mid, White Black retro 9, White Red 14 retros
The 8's and 14's were on point. The 9's would be on the list except for the fact they replaced the first lace loop with ahole.
smh.gif

Dont look that much off but im sure once we get them in are hands we well be able to see major differences.... Still LOVE my OG's.

Originally Posted by blco02

The shape is off, crappy leather is used, and they are a little bit lower than the og's- pass.

I've got news for you: The materials in the OGs were nothing to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom