Jordan Brand warranty these days

I did a quick search, and couldn't find a thread devoted to this.  I remember when I first started buying Jordans, and they were still Nikes, they had a 1 year warranty on the air pockets.  I used this to my advantage with the black/infrared VI (my first Jordans).  I wore the piss out of them for 8 months on the basketball court, then the air pocket....uhhh...."accidentally" popped.
embarassed.gif
  The carmines had come out, and I really wanted a pair of those, but couldn't afford 2 pairs in under a year (no one could back then).  So I took it back into the store I got them from.  Manager came out, pushed on the shoe (as if you can tell that way that the air pocket is busted), and brings me out another pair of black/infrared.  I asked if I could get the carmines instead.  He said he could only do that if they were out of the same exact shoe, but since they still have the blacks, he couldn't swap it for a different color.  "Besides, you don't want those.  They look like bowling shoes".
indifferent.gif
  Oh well, got another pair out of it that I beat up for another year.

Now that I have the retro infrared VI, and will strictly be using them for basketball, I'm wondering where JB stands on warranties these days.  Not concerned with the air pockets so much as the midsoles cracking, or paint chipping, or glue coming undone, etc after just a few wears.  Obviously, there won't be any replacements for them should anything happen, but I don't want to be out the money for them either if they fall apart in a matter of a couple months.

I did a quick search, and couldn't find a thread devoted to this.  I remember when I first started buying Jordans, and they were still Nikes, they had a 1 year warranty on the air pockets.  I used this to my advantage with the black/infrared VI (my first Jordans).  I wore the piss out of them for 8 months on the basketball court, then the air pocket....uhhh...."accidentally" popped.
embarassed.gif
  The carmines had come out, and I really wanted a pair of those, but couldn't afford 2 pairs in under a year (no one could back then).  So I took it back into the store I got them from.  Manager came out, pushed on the shoe (as if you can tell that way that the air pocket is busted), and brings me out another pair of black/infrared.  I asked if I could get the carmines instead.  He said he could only do that if they were out of the same exact shoe, but since they still have the blacks, he couldn't swap it for a different color.  "Besides, you don't want those.  They look like bowling shoes".
indifferent.gif
  Oh well, got another pair out of it that I beat up for another year.

Now that I have the retro infrared VI, and will strictly be using them for basketball, I'm wondering where JB stands on warranties these days.  Not concerned with the air pockets so much as the midsoles cracking, or paint chipping, or glue coming undone, etc after just a few wears.  Obviously, there won't be any replacements for them should anything happen, but I don't want to be out the money for them either if they fall apart in a matter of a couple months.

Nike gives out vouchers for defective shoes, but the defect has to be performance wise not cosmetic. I think you have 1 or 2 years from the production date to get a voucher. My numbers are probably off but call Nike they should know all the specifics.

Nike gives out vouchers for defective shoes, but the defect has to be performance wise not cosmetic. I think you have 1 or 2 years from the production date to get a voucher. My numbers are probably off but call Nike they should know all the specifics.

I remember popping the air bags with a safety pin through the bottom of the sole when I wanted a new pair. It worked every time. Money was tight back then!
laugh.gif

I remember popping the air bags with a safety pin through the bottom of the sole when I wanted a new pair. It worked every time. Money was tight back then!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gentry187

laugh.gif

SWINDLER!!!!

laugh.gif

SWINDLER!!!!

laugh.gif

SWINDLER!!!!

laugh.gif

SWINDLER!!!!

^ Smart @*. You know what they mean!
Back when Nike ran the show, Now that Jordan is it's own brand they feel they can do what they want.
I never knew about that warranty, I wish they still had it... But from the looks of it *Cough cough* some of you took advantage of it! xD
I ain't mad at ya' though, good !%$!
Ya' were Kids & I understood Jordans weren't always the cheapest.

Back when Nike ran the show, Now that Jordan is it's own brand they feel they can do what they want.
I never knew about that warranty, I wish they still had it... But from the looks of it *Cough cough* some of you took advantage of it! xD
I ain't mad at ya' though, good !%$!

I ain't mad at ya' though, good #%$!

I ain't mad at ya' though, good #%$!

you guys are bad.
then again so is nike and so many of their crappy products that cost so much $$$.

it obviously drives the consumer to fraudulently return something.

Back
Top Bottom