Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

...and what's wrong if they sit? OG's back in the day were available months after they released. It's not the end of the world if they don't sell out the first day of release.
For us its good, but for the JB not so much.  They market themselves on the hype and cant let that slip

nike/jordan has to figure out how to keep the "hype" going or these shoes are going to sit.. seems like the price raise and production raise is not helping induce instant sellouts like previous years..could the bubble be bursting or nike running away consumers with the price raise...i guess we will find out 

It could be that JB hasn't released anything this year that is really hyped. I see the Chicago Xs selling in maybe one day and not a few minutes. If the hares and Bordeaux's sit then that's something to worry about. The Black Friday, Holiday 11, and the release of 3s and 4s will always sustain JB. Wait till they bring the NA back a few at a time

Man, I want JB to commit brand suicide. I actually enjoy waking up, walking in on a regular afternoon, and buy Retros like I'm buying AF1s. Do it, JB. Do whatever you can to kill your hype and this aura that surrounds you.

Nike/JB do as they please because there's simply nobody out there that poses a threat. Reebok, Adidas, etc...as they stand will always be in a distant 2nd. Their product lines in my opinion are no where near what they were back in the later 80's and 90's as far as quality and style. Unless another entity comes into the market and just does something like reinvent the wheel, Nike/JB will always be the top contender.

Nike/JB do as they please because there's simply nobody out there that poses a threat. Reebok, Adidas, etc...as they stand will always be in a distant 2nd. Their product lines in my opinion are no where near what they were back in the later 80's and 90's as far as quality and style. Unless another entity comes into the market and just does something like reinvent the wheel, Nike/JB will always be the top contender.
quality wise & price point adidas retros > jb retros

Last edited:
Asics is starting to gain quite a following.

Man, I want JB to commit brand suicide. I actually enjoy waking up, walking in on a regular afternoon, and buy Retros like I'm buying AF1s. Do it, JB. Do whatever you can to kill your hype and this aura that surrounds you.
they'll never do that lol. business is booming more than ever because of the hype they create

...and what's wrong if they sit? OG's back in the day were available months after they released. It's not the end of the world if they don't sell out the first day of release.
The weird thing is, a lot of people didn't get them because they were too much money for them back in the day. now you got people willingly paying hundreds and hundreds for shoes they can't really afford like that. priorities are a tangled web these days
eyes.gif

It could be that JB hasn't released anything this year that is really hyped.

That's exactly what it is.. Last year started off the same way. They kicked it off with a couple low profile retro+ releases. Powder blue 3s and those grey/infrared Xs weren't instant sellouts.. Just because some nobody puts a video up on YouTube saying the company is going downhill it is? :lol:

Nike isn't losing a cent or any sleep over a couple releases "sitting" as the young cats call it. There's not any actually sitting anyway.. That would be a sneaker not selling to the point it has to be heavily discounted at an outlet. These retros mostly sellout in major retail chains anyway, the ones that make it to an outlet are discounted $10-20. Or just get put up until the middle of the year for a "restock."

Once the ball gets rolling there will be people upset they couldn't get a limited sought after sneaker. And they will be selling out of massive GRs in a day again. Realistically, they can build much more hype when the brand appears to be at a low again vs hype after hype. There's a reason they've been leading the market for years, miles ahead of the competition.

Personally, I don't mind releases like the last couple at all. Doesn't bother me if a sneaker sells out or not because I buy and wear what I like.

The weird thing is, a lot of people didn't get them because they were too much money for them back in the day. now you got people willingly paying hundreds and hundreds for shoes they can't really afford like that. priorities are a tangled web these days :rolleyes

It's just become a fad. Everyone trying to up one another. All you see now is kids posting up their endless shoe collection. Not just because they're willing to spend the money, but more on the lines that it's a trend that has blown up all across the map. This was not the case back then. You would see a few kids here and there with a couple of pairs of shoes, nothing serious. Now it's like every hot release is a must have.

With possibly a SJ11 release later this year....a couple of kids might die before hype around these shoes does. Nike is selling 24% more basketball shoes than before and I am willing to bet JB has a big part to play in it. They have increased numbers since people have been begging for this for years with ever increasing demand. Its just an adjustment process. If hype dies down they'll release mad heat and bring the core followers back again. They aren't going anywhere. We all know it.

With possibly a SJ11 release later this year....a couple of kids might die before hype around these shoes does. Nike is selling 24% more basketball shoes than before and I am willing to bet JB has a big part to play in it. They have increased numbers since people have been begging for this for years with ever increasing demand. Its just an adjustment process. If hype dies down they'll release mad heat and bring the core followers back again. They aren't going anywhere. We all know it.

Space Jams aren't dropping

Back
Top Bottom