Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

As a new enthusiast into the game I think it's cool that I can start building up my closet with better quality J's. They aren't OG pairs but still at least I would have to worry about having bought a pair of 6's last year only got the same colors to be released again in a few months only "remastered". Yeah they price is way to high and it's hard justifying it at times.
Personally the only pair that I'll even consider buying are the 4's and the 3's (yeah I know they've been shelved for life probably).

(yeah I know they've been shelved for life probably).

Jordan Brand, shelve one of their biggest money making models for life?

2630554-1361589542722.gif

You'll be stacking barely improved IIIs soon enough, pa.

Jordan Brand, shelve one of their biggest money making models for life?

2630554-1361589542722.gif

You'll be stacking barely improved IIIs soon enough, pa.
I've really been wondering about that whole thing. I think they are either going to go all out and super hype everything up by making nike air "OG" 3s the norm, like they did with the 1s and charge more. or they are just doing it because they want to build thirst this way and really have minimal plans for "remastering" the model. Personally I would rather they fix the elephant print before anything. That crap has been so terrible for years. looks nothing like the og.  

Chris brown wearing a full red Jordan 4. New colorway of J4?
that's stupid looking imo. I really don't understand why everyone is obsessed with all red shoes now. just out of nowhere. who was the first celebrity to popularize them? it had to be a celeb, this many people would not all of a sudden say "hey red shoes are cool"

Red shoes are cheezy after the Yeezy. Only acceptable all red shoe is the red october (which I don't even like) everything else is just a cheap imitation.

I still disagree, previous years had tumbled leather and it was still trash (hard, synthetic type leather), laney 5s, any 13s with leather side panels, olympic 6s, infrared 23 6s etc. These forms of tumbled leather were almost scratch proof, thats how pleather it was. I don't believe people are actually comparing these shoes in hand, just straight visual speculation. I give credit where credit is due so I know anyone saying its the exact same leather or quality must not have any physical comparisons on hand. It's not even a minor upgrade too, its actually a lot better then the synthetic crap we've been getting on all or most GRs in the past. As I said before, to get similar quality in the past to what it is now, the shoes had to be limited and even then it wasn't always the case, it was very hit or miss.

So going back to the new collectors, yeah I would collect the remastered pairs instead of previous renditions if I had the chance to. The quality on retros in the past were honestly horrible, we bought them because we liked the shoes but just accepted the trash quality because it started becoming the norm and thought this is how it's going to be from here on out. This doesn't mean I'm going to rebuy every pair just because it's remastered but it does make me feel like I have the crappier quality retros of the past

Last edited:
I still disagree, previous years had tumbled leather and it was still trash (hard, synthetic type leather), laney 5s, any 13s with leather side panels, olympic 6s, infrared 23 6s etc. These forms of tumbled leather were almost scratch proof, thats how pleather it was. I don't believe people are actually comparing these shoes in hand, just straight visual speculation. I give credit where credit is due so I know anyone saying its the exact same leather or quality must not have any physical comparisons on hand. It's not even a minor upgrade too, its actually a lot better then the synthetic crap we've been getting on all or most GRs in the past. As I said before, to get similar quality in the past to what it is now, the shoes had to be limited and even then it wasn't always the case, it was very hit or miss.

So going back to the new collectors, yeah I would collect the remastered pairs instead of previous renditions if I had the chance to. The quality on retros in the past were honestly horrible, we bought them because we liked the shoes but just accepted the trash quality because it started becoming the norm and thought this is how it's going to be from here on out. This doesn't mean I'm going to rebuy every pair just because it's remastered but it does make me feel like I have the crappier quality retros of the past
Some people think tumbled leather = quality.  That just isn't the case.

That flat leather is the worst though. Grape Vs from 2013 were my first retros and I was so confused. Every time I took a step I thought the toebox was gonna bend in half. I didn't break them out much last year so besides the yellowing they still look close to new. But the ones I have seen crease look awful. That stuff was the worst.

KW aka the illuminati puppet slave
True, both he and Jay Z are overrated, RO shouldn't be going for how much they go for because what has he possibly done to have a shoe that sells for so much? Limited be ******, what did KW do for society that his shoe is the most sought after shoe in the game.  Plus he wasn't even that involved in the shoes and everyone is complaining about the shoe he designed stating that he should have stuck with Nike.

True, both he and Jay Z are overrated, RO shouldn't be going for how much they go for because what has he possibly done to have a shoe that sells for so much? Limited be ******, what did KW do for society that his shoe is the most sought after shoe in the game.  Plus he wasn't even that involved in the shoes and everyone is complaining about the shoe he designed stating that he should have stuck with Nike.

don't want to derail the thread but bottom line it's because the Air Yeezy 2 was a hot shoe. Kanye obviously brings more attention to it, just like MJ brought attention to Jordan's, but if the shoe was weak it wouldn't be sought after. regardless of how much control he actually had over the design process (because nobody really knows), the shoes came out hot and they have his name attached

it's really nothing to catch feelings over

Red shoes are cheezy after the Yeezy. Only acceptable all red shoe is the red october (which I don't even like) everything else is just a cheap imitation.

The red Air Yeezy isn't even a hot shoe. I like the Yeezy 2, I have the Plat's, but the shade of red on the RO's is horrendous. To me, the Big Apple LeBron 6 is a better looking red shoe...and it was before the Yeezy.

Last edited:
All red kicks are nothing new, they were actually pretty popular back in the day... only thing is that for once it wasn't just a Nike thing...

Fila, Champion, British Knights, K-Swiss even Travel Fox all had some dope red leather/suede shoes back in the late '80s, early '90s...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom