Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I'm an Air Jordan flagship model shoe guy to the heart but the whole remastered thing has me laughing.  This is a blatant test to see the public's response to such an announcement.  I read the article on the process and the claim that they are going back to the old methods of making shoes.  They stated that they are having to retrain the workers because the technique is a lost art.  

JB will continue to bring in a profit because of the prestige of the Jumpman and the feeling that it gives when a  fresh pair is placed on your feet.  I think the remastered concept is a ploy to play on the emotions of those who believe that they will be getting a superior product when in fact the only thing they are getting is more shoes with tumbled leather vs the flat leather that is currently being used.  

At the end of the day I will buy what I like and not get hooked into the whole quality thing.  People seem to forget that they have a choice when it comes to how they spend their money.  If you believe a shoes quality is poor and you pay for it anyway then that's on you.  JB doesn't stand with guns to people's head and demand that they purchase a product.  

Does Anybody know the Source where these Photos are leaking from???????

Does Anybody know the Source where these Photos are leaking from???????
I just saw these on a GM site and they have the tumbled leather and everything.  The Chinese aren't messing around.  
laugh.gif

I'm an Air Jordan flagship model shoe guy to the heart but the whole remastered thing has me laughing.  This is a blatant test to see the public's response to such an announcement.  I read the article on the process and the claim that they are going back to the old methods of making shoes.  They stated that they are having to retrain the workers because the technique is a lost art.  

JB will continue to bring in a profit because of the prestige of the Jumpman and the feeling that it gives when a  fresh pair is placed on your feet.  I think the remastered concept is a ploy to play on the emotions of those who believe that they will be getting a superior product when in fact the only thing they are getting is more shoes with tumbled leather vs the flat leather that is currently being used.  

At the end of the day I will buy what I like and not get hooked into the whole quality thing.  People seem to forget that they have a choice when it comes to how they spend their money.  If you believe a shoes quality is poor and you pay for it anyway then that's on you.  JB doesn't stand with guns to people's head and demand that they purchase a product.  
QFE. They bank on the masses not knowing the history and concept of a shoe. 

I just saw these on a GM site and they have the tumbled leather and everything.  The Chinese aren't messing around.  
laugh.gif
Do you know that name of the website?? I also see the 11's photo too just like this ones. Thanks

Personally I think some dudes take this sneaker stuff too seriously like they are only sneakers. Some people seem to get too emotional when it comes to this sneaker stuff. If you like it buy it and if not just don't although the complaints are justified
Hy I fell u but it's needed it's apart of the culture to me....it's just like arguing or debating over sports or whatever else ppl have their interest in...but I'm with u just don't buy it...but if won't happen jordan brand got the world in a trance

Personally I think some dudes take this sneaker stuff too seriously like they are only sneakers. Some people seem to get too emotional when it comes to this sneaker stuff. If you like it buy it and if not just don't although the complaints are justified
right? For real..if you got the money and lik em...cop 

I heard that the sizes are going to run small on the "remastered" models.  Anyone know anything about that? And if they are running smaller should people go a half size or whole size bigger?

Can nike make up their minds. I have too many shoes with extra room in the toebox from the last 3 years of inconsistently oversized shoes. I guess this will bring it back to normal. Don't wanna risk it tho.

Last edited:
From what I've seen and read......I don't think size will be an issue. They're not changing the shape of the shoe but changing the quality of them. There is plenty written about (from general opinion) that the shape is exactly like before but with better materials. So in essence it's the same shoe (shape and size) just better materials.

I would just get whatever size u picked up in that model before.

But of course since it's all been pushed into our subconscious that Jordan is remastering these shoes......Some people will think it fits bigger or smaller, when in actuality........they don't fit any different than before.

But we can make that call when we get them on our own feet.

I think we're all anxious to get these "remastered" J's in our hands. Quality talks and B.S. walks.
im actually glad to see that im not interested in any of the unvieled pairs thus far. Once again theyre clearly releasing pairs with no NA branding and hopefully using real leather and all that for $200? Smdh

While that is true. JB retros be jumping like $20-30 within a few months. That's ain't inflation :rofl: Think about it. From last year to this year GR Retros went from $160-$170 (Oct. 2013 $10 increase) then this Oct. again from $170-$185 thats a $15 increase) to $200 for next year. We literally saw like a $40 price change within like 3 years :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom