Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Thing is, Im absolutely certain that he does have information, but letting us know that he has it and then forgetting to drop it is just coldblooded :lol:

:lol: I'm curious too. Wasn't following the thread at 1st, but all that comedy few days ago had me :rofl: so I've been dropping by to see what's new.

I assume it's mostly product codes, more accurate release dates, and hopefully a confirmed US Retail price finally since people keep throwing everything between $180-200 out.

You will still get people in here telling you inflation talk is crazy.
Right.  

What I posted are facts.

If anyone thinks otherwise I block them.

They either: Can't read or refuse to accept facts.  

Don't want to read posts that are that ignorant/immature.

So in terms of that argument, the answer is that for the most part they're cheaper than they would be if it was based on inflation, with the Air Jordan 11's price being the only one that's higher than it should be based on inflation.

Last edited:
So in terms of that argument, the answer is that for the most part they're cheaper than they would be if it was based on inflation, with the Air Jordan 11's price being the only one that's higher than it should be based on inflation.
correct.  Im still waiting for the guy arguing with me a few pages back to reappear and tell us how stupid we all are

Can't this argument just die already? Both sides have valid points but there clearly will be no meeting of the minds on this so why keep pushing it?

Yes, inflation is a factor but the fact that Jordan Brand had clearly made moves YEARS ago to offset inflation (material choices, factory choices, etc) and that other shoes from the same time have released with superior quality for either the same price or within $10-15 of the original price means that it's realistically not as simple as taking what something once costed and throwing it into an inflation calculator.

In other words: Jordan Brand does what it wants and as long as sales stay up, will continue to do so.

That's really the end of the story on that. They win, and we either lose or stop caring.

Now, I hate to do this, but what's good @DJayGotSole?

Can't this argument just die already? Both sides have valid points but there clearly will be no meeting of the minds on this so why keep pushing it?

Yes, inflation is a factor but the fact that Jordan Brand had clearly made moves YEARS ago to offset inflation (material choices, factory choices, etc) and that other shoes from the same time have released with superior quality for either the same price or within $10-15 of the original price means that it's realistically not as simple as taking what something once costed and throwing it into an inflation calculator.

In other words: Jordan Brand does what it wants and as long as sales stay up, will continue to do so.

That's really the end of the story on that. They win, and we either lose or stop caring.

All this right here...

Especially @DJayGotSole

Yes, yes and yes again!

I love when people bring up inflation to justify the higher prices of RETROS (not new shoes). Inflation has very little relevance in figuring out pricing when it comes to retros. When determining cost of production for any consumer goods, most people only think of the cost of the materials and labor to put the product together. What they tend to forget (or don't realize) is that the majority of the cost of a product is in the research and development for that product. Creating an initial design, building a prototype, testing it, finding the flaws, fixing the flaws and repeating all those steps over and over again until the company comes up with a final product they're satisfied with. This is the bulk of the cost that the company tries to spread out with the wholesale/MSR pricing, thus is what you're REALLY paying for. However, none of these costs are a factor for retros because that was all dealt with already 10, 15 or 20+ years ago. All they have to do now is worry about the cost of materials and labor to recreate the product, which is dirt cheap by comparison.

This is why when anything new comes out in consumer goods (think video games, TVs, cell phones, etc), the initial MSRP is high. They're trying to factor in recouping the cost of R&D into the price tag. As time progresses and those costs are recovered, the prices drop because now all that's left is the cost of actual materials and labor (very small in most cases), so they're basically almost making sheer profit off sales at that point. Retro sneakers have been at that stage for a decade or 2, so the excuse of "inflation" for higher prices and/or poor quality is absolute BS.

It's plain and simple. The prices are high/keep going up because they can get away with it. And as a business trying to make as much profit as possible, I don't blame them. Good on them for capitalizing on the moment. Shame on the buyers for giving them that kind of power by continuing to shell out the money for something they're not satisfied with.

Last edited:
I love when people bring up inflation to justify the higher prices of RETROS (not new shoes). Inflation has very little relevance in figuring out pricing when it comes to retros. When determining cost of production for any consumer goods, most people only think of the cost of the materials and labor to put the product together. What they tend to forget (or don't realize) is that the majority of the cost of a product is in the research and development for that product. Creating an initial design, building a prototype, testing it, finding the flaws, fixing the flaws and repeating all those steps over and over again until the company comes up with a final product they're satisfied with. This is the bulk of the cost that the company tries to spread out with the wholesale/MSR pricing, thus is what you're REALLY paying for. However, none of these costs are a factor for retros because that was all dealt with already 10, 15 or 20+ years ago. All they have to do now is worry about the cost of materials and labor to recreate the product, which is dirt cheap by comparison.

This is why when anything new comes out in consumer goods (think video games, TVs, cell phones, etc), the initial MSRP is high. They're trying to factor in recouping the cost of R&D into the price tag. As time progresses and those costs are recovered, the prices drop because now all that's left is the cost of actual materials and labor (very small in most cases), so they're basically almost making sheer profit off sales at that point. Retro sneakers have been at that stage for a decade or 2, so the excuse of "inflation" for higher prices and/or poor quality is absolute BS.

It's plain and simple. The prices are high/keep going up because they can get away with it. And as a business trying to make as much profit as possible, I don't blame them. Good on them for capitalizing on the moment. Shame on the buyers for giving them that kind of power by continuing to shell out the money for something they're not satisfied with.
I was actually done beating this dead horse but just incase "The Inflation Gang" missed this...

Back
Top Bottom