Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

A $200 pricetag is what was expected to come for a while now. Shouldn't be surprising. I'll occasionally get a pair so I'm not even gon trip.

Last edited:
if jordans would be made in the US, or other countrys with good working conditions, they would cost 300+

Last edited:
No they wouldn't.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
they definitely would, why do you think products are produced in low-wage sectors?!

To save costs, right.

The more expensive producing gets, the more expensive becomes the product

I once read an article about TRBJ (the jeans, you know?)

They said, if the jeans were produced in countrys like china, they

wouldn't even cost a hundred dollars instead of 400.

No they wouldn't. :smh: :lol:
they definitely would, why do you think products are produced in low-wage sectors?!
To save costs, right.

The more expensive producing gets, the more expensive becomes the product

No they wouldn't. :smh: :lol:

If they were made here, they would cost more.

I'm shaking my head and laughter because he said 300+. I'm sure they will cost more. But the thing I believe you guys fail consider is that their will be other forces that will prevent prices from exploding like that.

I'm shaking my head and laughter because he said 300+. I'm sure they will cost more. But the thing I believe you guys fail consider is that their will be other forces that will prevent prices from exploding like that.
Would be an easy 100 dollar increase, look at my previous post

Last edited:

dunno where u read that but remastered is set to start at beginning of 2015, not spring.
I saw it in a video of one of those hypebeast sneaker sites. nicekicks maybe? not sure but they had footage of the manufacturing and they sounded pretty certain it was spring 2015. the video had those red 10s in it I believe it was posted in this thread. I haven't looked up anything since then as I don't care that much because I'm not copping, but maybe something has changed since then that I haven't heard about.

I saw it in a video of one of those hypebeast sneaker sites. nicekicks maybe? not sure but they had footage of the manufacturing and they sounded pretty certain it was spring 2015. the video had those red 10s in it I believe it was posted in this thread. I haven't looked up anything since then as I don't care that much because I'm not copping, but maybe something has changed since then that I haven't heard about.
Fashion is always ahead a season.  Winter time = Spring time.  So January 2015 is considered Spring for apparel

Vietnam and Korea or wherever it was before JB took over was better than China. anything's better than China.

I'm just saying don't ever expect little details done right on a reproduction that's made in China, the materials should be a little more respectable but the cuts will always be way off, look at OG IV's and compare them to the remastered VI's the patterns are off, look at the shape of those leather panels on the toes/side of the forefoot, it's the entire show really, china always does an awful job with cut and sew. Use the lining in these two sneakers to notice how different the cut is, when they say they're getting them as close as humanly possible to OGs that's a bullfaced lie.
I understand what you are saying, but the only thing that the Chinese factories could be blamed for is quality control, i.e. glue stains, bad stitching, etc.  The shape/mold of the shoes, the quality of the materials is 100% Brand Jordan/Nike's responsibility.  If the shape of the shoe is off, as it is with the IV's, Brand Jordan is to blame.

^No, the Chinese don't have an eye for detail, neither do the Koreans, if they truly want to remaster they need to be made in the first world, it'll never happen though.

I think a lot gets lost in translation too.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

All 2001 III's were made in China and the quality on those are on point.  Pretty much all electronic goods are produced in China, even the phone you have in your pocket. Like multiple have said, ultimately the quality control comes down to the company requesting the goods. I've been in the clothing design business for a long time and have dealt with production companies all over the world. If you want a specific quality you have to demand it and also be willing to pay for it monetarily.

Last edited:
The cost of someone like MJ/Bron/KD is all factored in "marketing" which is about 13 percent of Nikes total budget for shoes.. like I said R &D is a VERY small portion of the cost of shoes.. nothing you said changes that..

Actually, it changes things quite a bit. As I said, your figures are taking the monumental cost of MJ's endorsement (both big money up front PLUS a percentage of every sale), and spreading it out amongst all the shoes Nike makes throughout the year, including the dozens and dozens of lower grade, POS shoes for which there are next to nothing in R&D costs, endorsements, ads, etc. It's very easy to skew cost that way. However, we're specifically debating the cost breakdown of Air Jordans, not Nike as a whole. This eradicates the figures you presented for a couple of reasons. First, you have generic figures for Nikes made as a whole at one specific plant, which is irrelevant to a discussion specifically about Air Jordans. Second, we have no idea where you got your figures from, let alone the legitimacy of your source(s) for this anti-Nike section of a random website for storage of someone's University of Michigan papers.

Bottom line is there is no way in hell I'm buying that Nike paid *11 times more* for materials and Asian sweatshop labor than they paid American designers to design (and redesign after testing) the shoes, laborers to make the prototypes (multiple times), athletes to test them out (multiple times), prime time TV commercials (millions of dollars), magazine ads (millions of dollars) and MJ for his portion of pay and percentage of profits (at least a million by '95). I guarantee you if we looked at statistics specifically from the '95 Air Jordans made, you'd see very, very different figures from the ones you presented.

and obviosly inflation alone is not the sole reason for price increases... I am trying to say its part of the reason..

but no one in here seems to beleive that..

I'd say it was the other way around. I think it was pretty obvious no one was saying inflation has absolutely nothing to do with the price increase (just very, very little), while it seemed like guys like you were trying to make it sound like it has all, if not most to do with the current prices.

Last edited:
I'd say it was the other way around. I think it was pretty obvious no one was saying inflation has absolutely nothing to do with the price increase (just very, very little), while it seemed like guys like you were trying to make it sound like it has all, if not most to do with the current prices.
BINGO!

What's up with these racist comments tho? :rolleyes Don't blame the manufacturers, blame Nike/JB
for using cheap labor.

What's up with these racist comments tho?
eyes.gif
Don't blame the manufacturers, blame Nike/JB
for using cheap labor.
My opinion, its not racist.  You get what you pay for is true, and when you get cheap chinese manufacturing, you're not buying quality.

I love china, if they didn't have such low wages we would be paying 3-4 times what we pay for our favorite things.

let's be realistic where do you expect Jordan's to be made? Italy? Spain? the U.S.? lmao

I love china, if they didn't have such low wages we would be paying 3-4 times what we pay for our favorite things.

let's be realistic where do you expect Jordan's to be made? Italy? Spain? the U.S.? lmao
We got people in here who dont understand inflation.  Try adding Made In Italy to a Jordan, and try explaining to those people why the price went up lol
roll.gif

your really gullible if you believe inflation is the reason for rasing prices, that wouldn't make sense even if quality was the same as the OGs

The inflation excuse=lol. Adidas, Reebok, NB, and other brands retros are going for decent price.
How the hell did the 4s went from 110 to 160 to 180 to 200 over the years tho?

Last edited:

We got people in here who dont understand inflation.  Try adding Made In Italy to a Jordan, and try explaining to those people why the price went up lol
roll.gif
Inflation is not Italy genius... If J's were made in Italy there would probably be 0 complaints about anything but they are not therefore you are shooting with your eyes closed...

Back
Top Bottom