Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

The little midsole piece near the toe has never been the right shape on any 4 retro.

IMG_8663.jpeg
IMG_8663.jpeg
Such a minor detail yet so noticeable. Along with the gray part of the shoe. The tongue also looks a little funky. I think I’m ok with passing on these until they can get it right.

SneakerCon, the massive influx of shoetubers/vloggers creating lame content, and social media ruined sneaker culture.

Might be the minority here but most collaborations are terrible for the sneaker culture as well.

the less mainstream the more nerdy tho, no?
zonzon zonzon you make a great point here.

More “nerds” who genuinely enjoy the hobby and kicks. When sneakers became more mainstream there were a vast amount of cornballs who got involved. Just look at all the shoetubers and vloggers that attend Sneaker Conventions :smh:

Enthusiasts ≠ nerds

Enthusiasts are geeks —not nerds. Read up on the differences.
Like the literal definition?

The word nerd's original definition was someone who was socially awkward. I have a few old dictionaries that have this listed as the first definition.

But now online dictionaries have someone obsessed with a particular hobby as a nerd.

Can’t stand any of them.

Bro they are the WORST

I ignored them for years, mostly because of judging-a-book by it's cover (mostly Brendan Dunne's mustache look). :lol:

But I've watched the show over the years and I don't think they're terrible per se. They're all knowledgeable (Welty especially) and aren't some young/new jacks. I wouldn't argue against labeling them "dweebs" or something like that tho. :lol:

I'll def take them over some young/Gen Z fools for sure. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom