Jordan Playground Tee Appreciation

I came home for a vacation in DC from Vegas, and I find a brand new Jordan playground tee in my closet with tags still attached. I forgot I even had, boughttwo for $50 back in 04'. Its the most recent retro of the shirt, but they are pretty rare now since I dont see any on ebay. Sorry no pics of it, but thishow they look. Just showing appreciation for one of the tightest shirts Nike has ever released....
Mods move if you see fit.
jp_playground.jpg
jp_playground_7.jpg

jp_playground_5.jpg

I bought the retro shirt only to resell I'm cause people were beasiting over them when they released. Sold one for 84 and one for 80. For a t-shirt!

In hindsight - it was ugly then, and even uglier now.

But its still a fashionable time piece that spans all eras.

People at the rec center wear this to play basketball. I laugh at them.

Unappreciated..
For the sake of commercial, he showed himself that he played on playground, which he does not.

Originally Posted by indohan

Unappreciated..
For the sake of commercial, he showed himself that he played on playground, which he does not.

When you get to that point in your basketball career - you dont have to. Heck, its rare that college players play on playgrounds after they make it there.Wanna know why? Cause nothing indoor hardwood is better on the knees. The wood gives, perfect traction. No wind. Its the best way to ball period.

i almost wore mine for the first time in a while today.. definitely my personal favorite Jordan shirt that I own..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still have the 99' release playground shirt, way better than the one released a fews ago, the 99' has the playground scene on the front & back.

Originally Posted by Zach13g

I still have the 99' release playground shirt, way better than the one released a fews ago, the 99' has the playground scene on the front & back.

Yep, but the 04 is alright.

I'm gonna say appreciation for the original poster which hung in my room for about 13 years before I talk about appreciating the shirt.

I got the blue one and I got it at the nike outlet for 12 bucks. I always felt the shrit but didn't realize there was appreciation for it.

I would buy it to professionally frame for novelty reasons,as far as wearing it.....NO!

Back
Top Bottom