Jordan Retro 1 '85 Black/Red Feb 14th 2025

My last pair is still DS and I'm still wearing 2013

Not sure why you dudes need so many pairs? Are y'all skateboarding in your kicks?

Magic, you’re a smart guy. Now why you wearing any that 2013 over the 2016? You a wild boy.

Idc who makes thread as long as it’s not therepost1 with all his IG bull ****

Anyway

Def need a pair of these

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

Not sure why you dudes need so many pairs? Are y'all skateboarding in your kicks?
I think it's a sentimental thing more often than not. Some people definitely buy doubles, triples and even quadruples and wear their first pair (or first few pairs) into the ground until they reach lawn mowing monarchs status, and then there're others who simply love the shoe so much that they buy an extra pair (or pairs) knowing full well they may not get to wear them. There was a dude in the '20 Fire Red 5 thread who walked away with like 5 or 6 pairs. Of 5s. Shoes that we all know only have a 10-15 year life span depending on location and wear due to their midsole. Or the dude that had 4 or 5 pairs of '18 Concords and multiple '96 Concords. Personally, two pairs is enough. My humble sneaker collection is like a neutron star next to a red giant when compared to what a lot of people in here have and even then, I had/have double up pairs that I've not touched.

This is how I feel about the flu game 12s releasing again. Last pair was just fine, and my pair in particular still look almost in dead stock condition. Feel like it’s too soon for those. If they’re going to be the same shape as the last retro or even the Cherrys then what’s the point? I may just sell my DS 2016 bred 1s since like you I was still wearing my 2013s that still look amazing. Unpopular opinion but to me the 2013 was the last true retro since the 2016 used tumbled leather on the heel paneling and swoosh which while nice, was inaccurate.

I think it's a sentimental thing more often than not. Some people definitely buy doubles, triples and even quadruples and wear their first pair (or first few pairs) into the ground until they reach lawn mowing monarchs status, and then there're others who simply love the shoe so much that they buy an extra pair (or pairs) knowing full well they may not get to wear them. There was a dude in the '20 Fire Red 5 thread who walked away with like 5 or 6 pairs. Of 5s. Shoes that we all know only have a 10-15 year life span depending on location and wear due to their midsole. Or the dude that had 4 or 5 pairs of '18 Concords and multiple '96 Concords. Personally, two pairs is enough. My humble sneaker collection is like a neutron star next to a red giant when compared to what a lot of people in here have and even then, I had/have double up pairs that I've not touched.

Man I wish I had 5 pairs of OG colourway Jordans.

Instead I'm sitting on 5 pairs of dj khaled 5s...the orange ones, and six pairs of gratitude 11s.

At least I have 5 pairs of the lebron 15 x kith, 5 pairs of off white Chicago 2s, and 4 pairs of the 2011 banned 1s

Going to buy as many pairs as they allow me to buy at retail. That’ll be one if I’m lucky. They need to make 2 million pairs.

Pass for me just like the rest of the 85’s but hope y’all eat. Good thing resale is dying so these should be more attainable.

I haven't worn any of the tumbled leather releases besides shattered backboards. Not the biggest fan honestly. Those are reimagined to me.

You gotta point. I know I wear my B/Red low over the 2016s because the tumbled leather and red hue. But that 2013-14, OG 1 era, I erased from my memory

Back
Top Bottom