Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Is it just me or does it seem preorder sites are selling out without any1 knowing they went live? But yet they are coming with more preorders at a higher cost. Ruthless
giphy.gif

AIRSAK you are THE HYPEBEAST OVERLORD
Alright chill, not a hypebeast (I don't try to buy all the new releases, I don't try to buy all the clothes that go along with the shoes, and I wear my shoes only one time for instagram likes and put them back in the box).

I'm not interested in these one bit. I thought they would grow on me but not at all. I'm sitting back with my popcorn following this thread on relax mode. Also if you still on the hunt for Chis, you better get them before these drop cause the price will jump afterwards. Don't believe me just watch

im torn between sf giant gear or bmore.....heck im not from either city so i might do both...lol....wonder if they put out the jersey or shorts from the game they based the kicks on
I know there's a shattered backboard tee (post pages back)  that's popped up in the basketball section of Nike stores....but I recall someone telling me a while ago that Nike doesn't do basketball jerseys so I wouldn't imagine one to pop through Nike -- maybe (just maybe) mitchell and ness.

I know there's a shattered backboard tee (post pages back)  that's popped up in the basketball section of Nike stores....but I recall someone telling me a while ago that Nike doesn't do basketball jerseys so I wouldn't imagine one to pop through Nike -- maybe (just maybe) mitchell and ness.
Baaaah choice. Grab a orange polo shirt. Or maybe a black v neck. Feel like yall got dressing tips for ballers on 360 :rofl:

true dat....forgot all about Mitchell and Ness

The allocation #s my local mom and pop store and boutique store got tells me these will not be that limited. And neither of them got Chicago 1s.
We eating NT Fam
nerd.gif

No stores in Australia got the Chicago 1, however the SB are dropping here
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Let's see if all stores get em, fa, ftl, FNL, etc

Bc all that got CHI in my area was only a few HOH locations

Don't let numbers stir you into a frenzy or make you sit back and relax. Treat it like a release you covet if you actually want the shoe. No more, no less

2 weeks out from release- "Shattered Backboards are average, retail or bust, yall hypebeasts"

Week of release- "OH EM GEE SHATTERED BB IS L337, HOOS DEWING PREE ORDURS OH EM GEE EYE KNEED DESE AT WATEVER COST"

im torn between sf giant gear or bmore.....heck im not from either city so i might do both...lol....wonder if they put out the jersey or shorts from the game they based the kicks on
Why not both?

sbb- more limited

chis-more desirable 

even I'd say, no money on either end
I also think they're even.
Eastbay tweeted they weren't getting them but hopefully they were wrong
laugh.gif
Sigh...I hope you get them homey b/c of the difficulty you had with the Chi's.  I still think these will be the same numbers, but since more overseas places will have them I think we'll see less in stores.  I'm not putting a whole lot of effort into these-especially with the citrus 11 dropping the wknd prior.  If it gets too serious I'll customize a pair of Laser 1's and call it a day.

2 weeks out from release- "Shattered Backboards are average, retail or bust, yall hypebeasts"

Week of release- "OH EM GEE SHATTERED BB IS L337, HOOS DEWING PREE ORDURS OH EM GEE EYE KNEED DESE AT WATEVER COST"
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] reading the last part and trying to decipher made my brain sour over

True, everyone has their preferences and it is always nice to respect them.  That's what I try to do.

Also, as I said before (the thread) don't you guy's think that you overvaluing the Chicagos just a little bit?
Value or overvalue are alllll in the eye of the beholder. Totally subjective to each individual.
  This.

And like he said it depends on who you ask. To me this shoe is the end all be all in terms of Jordans it is the shoe I think about when the word Air Jordan is said. It's classic / iconic and means the most to me. I know a lot of people feel the same way, since it's really the first Jordan he played in (consistently.)

It would be nice if they just made them widely available so everyone who truly wanted them could get to enjoy them (for retail) I understand why they don't do that though, because this artificially limited market space they operate in is basically the best marketing / publicity they could buy, and it's free for them. If they made millions it would lose their hype and then people would move onto the next limited thing. I would love is this happen because then it would be like back in the day (dreams I know)

For the people that are saying "Why doesn't Jordan Brand just make the shoes $350 out the gate?" I don't think that would solve any problems because then the resellers would cop at $300 and flip them for $900 day after release, and we would be in the same boat except it would be a yacht now. 

All in all I hope you get your Chi's  and your SBBs because you like them and will wear them. @AirSakuragi

Back
Top Bottom