Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

Look at EVERY post in this thread with people saying they're copping day one... even with crappy material. That is why. Black Cements were example one, and these are example two.

I rest my case. :stoneface:
Not sure what pair of BC3’s you got but the quality of mine and about 95% of the worlds is VERY good tumbled. I’d like you to elaborate on this.

Back in the day..

3D5E92F2-F135-4390-866F-7298F04E0863.jpeg

I remember when I found my first pair of air Jordan’s white/red 13 VIM on the clearance rack back in ‘98 my mom was hesitant but that was my first pair of jays.

This is back when retros weren’t much of thing and you had to have latest colorway to stay ahead of the crowd.

Classic designs in that eastbay ad...

If these sit, good.

I'm a size 15 so I can't take chances. If I can get my military discount I'm good.

OMG...leather talk again
Oh lighten up Nancy. Sneaker heads been talking leather since the old days. I’m 37 I can speak on this. I get certain things like the overrated SBB talk gets old but when you appreciate a shoe, you appreciate great quality whether it’s great fabric, materials, stitching, or all of the above. You’re probably an older dude as well but don’t act like only hype beasts care about quality. We all like and appreciate that shoe that’s well made. The holier than thou attitude is douchy. Not saying you’re a douche I’m saying the comment was a little douchy. There’s a difference. Don’t get offended. :wink:

Oh lighten up Nancy. Sneaker heads been talking leather since the old days. I’m 37 I can speak on this. I get certain things like the overrated SBB talk gets old but when you appreciate a shoe, you appreciate great quality whether it’s great fabric, materials, stitching, or all of the above. You’re probably an older dude as well but don’t act like only hype beasts care about quality. We all like and appreciate that shoe that’s well made. The holier than thou attitude is douchy. Not saying you’re a douche I’m saying the comment was a little douchy. There’s a difference. Don’t get offended. :wink:

I have you by 1 year and I can say “sneakerheads” have not been concerned with leather quality until recently. No one cared back then. We bought the shoes and wore them out the store. Didn’t go through 10 boxes trying to match tumble or elephant print.

And you’re a little too old to still use the word douch.

Back in the day..

3D5E92F2-F135-4390-866F-7298F04E0863.jpeg

I had several issues of those Foot Locker, and Eastbay magazines, during this time. I remember staring at these those Eastbay mag for hours. Watching MJ annihilate competition in them, and the other OG's just made it worse. I tried to get these, in 1998 for the longest, and I never could. I really wanted the Playoffs, but they were LONG gone. I ended up getting the Red & Black's, and I absolutely loved them. The thing was though, my feet were growing rapidly, and they were a half size smaller. I wore them 2-3 times, then took them back and my Mom bought me some Chuck's, & the Obsidian/Black/White Son of Gloves.

sonofgloves.jpg

I missed out on the last two retros, because either didn't have the money, or I was out of work. So this time, they'll FINALLY be mine.

It also amazes me that people think they can tell the quality of leather from pictures alone. Just a FYI, Nike has been using synthetic leather since the beginning. It’s really hard to tell the difference. Shoes you think are leather aren’t and vice versa.

I can tell the difference from synthetic leather and genuine leather right off the touch. Maybe not from pics but off the touch like NBA leather Basketball

Been wanting these for a minute.. so I’ll be grabbin em at drop, hopefully with rewards coupon. Kinda blows they went with the stiff materials on a classic, but it’s typical JB. My J purchases have become few and far between as of late..

I asked this before and got an answer a while back but I completely forgot. Lol.

But what’s the noticeable differences between the 2013 and 2018 Pair.

I know the box is obvious, but others not so much, if there are many differences?

My 2013 pair is pretty much new, but I like to get retro Jordans as close to the OG as possible, as the black/red 13 with the 3M and Aqua 8 with the correct insoles from the top of my head. If it’s pretty much the same, I won’t get the 2018 pair.

Is the 2013 varsity red outsole. If it is, then this release having the true red would be the difference.

one of my fav jordans of all time but ive had them twice in my lifetime already so i think im pass and get two pairs of pegasus turbos instead

Back
Top Bottom