Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

I recall the day in 2013 that these released during the height of the Jordan craze . They flew out of stores . I had to get my pair from a reseller and beat them into the ground over the years . Would love to double up this time around and hope everyone who wants one get their pair .

I get certain things like the overrated SBB talk gets old but when you appreciate a shoe, you appreciate great quality whether it’s great fabric, materials, stitching, or all of the above. The holier than thou attitude is douchy.

Exactly. For me, just put the same quality they had on the originals. If you compared them side by side you'd see how bootleg these 2018's are made. I don't expect fine Italian leather. Just a version that is respectable. They can do it, they do it with 1's.

And the comment was douchy. Probably a young kid with no standards. Just accepts whatever JB puts out. Then again, a lot of sneakerheads aren't the brightest crayons in the box.

I was going to pass originally but I think I'm copping these. Black/White is how I'm moving this Fall.

If quality is same as recent chi's, I'm out. I have the 04 breds and the leather on the toebox and tongue is so soft compared to the chi's smh

If quality is same as recent chi's, I'm out. I have the 04 breds and the leather on the toebox and tongue is so soft compared to the chi's smh

Agreed man. The side panel leather on remastered 13s seems solid, but that stiff pleather toe has ruined all them from the last couple years for me. It’s so weird how they’ll use genuine leather on the sides then make the toe box supremely suspect, lol.

Ive seen these and they look just like the 2013 pair, quality is on point with these. I think for the most part 13s always have some of the better quality materials used over the years compared to all the other jays. But thats just my opinion i might be a little biased for the 13s too

I recall the day in 2013 that these released during the height of the Jordan craze . They flew out of stores . I had to get my pair from a reseller and beat them into the ground over the years . Would love to double up this time around and hope everyone who wants one get their pair .

The “dark ages”. :lol:

That’s why I pray lightning doesn’t strike twice with the pending elease of the XI’s this December because back in 2011 the 2011 Jordan XI release started that era from 2011-2014 where you literally had to jump through hoops and do the most just to hve a shot at buying a pair of Jordans.

I really don't care if it goes back to that lol

I didn't have a problem then and won't have one now, and I'm buying far less nowadays

Starting to have second thoughts on these. I swear if I get mismatching leather like I did on my Bred 13s :smh: I mean, it really isn't asking for much for that not to happen.

I can already see pairs varying greatly from the ones shown in that vid. One tumbled toe, one smooth toe.

Hoping these are app reserve. Probably gonna be tied down with other commitments that Saturday morning. Damn sneaker head city I live in will sell out in no time unless these are a massive GR.

Starting to have second thoughts on these. I swear if I get mismatching leather like I did on my Bred 13s :smh: I mean, it really isn't asking for much for that not to happen.

I can already see pairs varying greatly from the ones shown in that vid. One tumbled toe, one smooth toe.

Hoping these are app reserve. Probably gonna be tied down with other commitments that Saturday morning. Damn sneaker head city I live in will sell out in no time unless these are a massive GR.
kinda hoping for an app reserve just so i can lock in a pair.....also kinda hoping they sit around long enough to be able to cop with rewards or on disco

thinking the latter since nobody's really talkin bout these

Had the OG's back in 98; my now ex-wife stood in line and copped them for me while I was in Saudi Arabia. Definitely a Day 1 cop; will look good with my Bred XIIIs and White/Red XIIIs!!

Decided to cop a pair, but hopefully they sit a day or so, so that I can cop with my cuz discount. Not in the mood to pay retail.

These were said to be a pretty huge GR from the time we heard they were dropping.

Exactly. For me, just put the same quality they had on the originals. If you compared them side by side you'd see how bootleg these 2018's are made. I don't expect fine Italian leather. Just a version that is respectable. They can do it, they do it with 1's.

And the comment was douchy. Probably a young kid with no standards. Just accepts whatever JB puts out. Then again, a lot of sneakerheads aren't the brightest crayons in the box.

You only seen originals on the internet besides resent years, AJ23 and up. You kids act like you’re buying Gucci or LV. It’s a gotdamn basketball shoe that’s been retored in different colorways about 30-40 times. You’re calling people dumb because they realized a long time ago that wishing the orginal quality, which wasn’t even great back then would return because you saw a clean pair on the Internet is ******ed. I have worn Jordans since 1990. Go sit down youngin.

You only seen originals on the internet besides resent years, AJ23 and up. You kids act like you’re buying Gucci or LV. It’s a gotdamn basketball shoe that’s been retored in different colorways about 30-40 times. You’re calling people dumb because they realized a long time ago that wishing the orginal quality, which wasn’t even great back then would return because you saw a clean pair on the Internet is ******ed. I have worn Jordans since 1990. Go sit down youngin.

Lol, kids. You have no idea what you're even talking about. I've worn Jordan's BEFORE 1990, so take a backseat. Also, if your read my prior posts, you'd know I don't expect Gucci or LV quality. Like I said, some sneakerheads aren't the brightest crayon in the box and you qualify. You just sound dumb because the original 13 had nice materials(not a fake looking stiff toebox). I had those too...so run along now, troll.

Last edited:
Worth it to keep DS 2013 release or sell and go for this release? Have not seen any comparison videos as of yet, just wanted to get an idea of what people are thinking of quality of this release.

Worth it to keep DS 2013 release or sell and go for this release? Have not seen any comparison videos as of yet, just wanted to get an idea of what people are thinking of quality of this release.

It’s basically the same shoe...Looked at them yesterday at one of my local spots and the black leather used is just slightly more tumbled...

That being said I’d slide the 2013 pair since they seem to be getting some decent prices on the aftermarket...Then you can buy these new ones and pocket a couple extra bucks...

Wait, Gucci and LV are considered to be quality? LOL

How much handstitching goes into a Gucci shirt, lol.

Back
Top Bottom