Jordan Super.Fly 3 Officially Unveiled

I tried these on today sz11 tts is pretty snug around the mid-foot. The upper mesh is similar to the Kobe 9 but feels laminated. It's not hard, but not that flexible either. The midsole is firmer than the xx9 for sure. The outsole has similar pattern, but these have a much harder rubber compound and has more of a raised texture to them. I jumped around in them and its bouncy, but you can't feel the zoom as much as the xx9. The heel seems firmer too.

Can't decided if I should pick them up on bay for $100 shipped or not.
Thanks for the thoughts.

Tough call because that is a nice price.  I would anticipate that you'll be able to grab them for a bit lower soon enough down the road.  Definitely a shoe on my radar, but since I've got the XX9 and am lovin them, it's tough to justify these ATM

the color blocking seems off imo. the 'slam dunk's would look better if the flight plate is black imo.

Lookin forward to tryin on a pair of these
Bought a pair of the super fly 2 when it released and I really liked them support and comfort wise.
So hopefully they improved on it. Only prob I had wit the superfly 2 - dead space above my feet even lacing tightly, it didn't wrap around properly but like I said the cushioning was supreme.
For some stupid reason they have 3/4 of the CWs here and of course they don't have the black CW that I want lol but when they finally do have them I def be tryin on a pair and hopefully walkin out wit them after payin lol

Last edited:
Lookin forward to tryin on a pair of these
Bought a pair of the super fly 2 when it released and I really liked them support and comfort wise.
So hopefully they improved on it. Only prob I had wit the superfly 2 - dead space above my feet even lacing tightly, it didn't wrap around properly but like I said the cushioning was supreme.
For some stupid reason they have 3/4 of the CWs here and of course they don't have the black CW that I want lol but when they finally do have them I def be tryin on a pair and hopefully walkin out wit them after payin lol
From what I've heard I don't think the 3s are really better than the 2s. I remember a lot of people praising the 2s and I haven't really heard that much about the 3s yet. So either people expected a lot and took it for granted or they are not really an upgrade. Nightwing didn't sound very euphoric in his Superfly 3 review either.

Unfortunately I haven't head a chance yet to try these on since I can't find them in any stores in my area.

From what I've heard I don't think the 3s are really better than the 2s. I remember a lot of people praising the 2s and I haven't really heard that much about the 3s yet. So either people expected a lot and took it for granted or they are not really an upgrade. Nightwing didn't sound very euphoric in his Superfly 3 review either.

Unfortunately I haven't head a chance yet to try these on since I can't find them in any stores in my area.
nightwing is nightwing, keep in mind he also like his toes up against the tip of the shoes for a snug fit and that's not TTS. The only thing I personally watch Nightwing's review for is mostly for the material used on the shoes. 

just try to find them and try them on for yourself. Finishline, Footaction, Champs, and Footlocker all have them. not sure how you can't find them. 

nightwing is nightwing, keep in mind he also like his toes up against the tip of the shoes for a snug fit and that's not TTS. The only thing I personally watch Nightwing's review for is mostly for the material used on the shoes. 

just try to find them and try them on for yourself. Finishline, Footaction, Champs, and Footlocker all have them. not sure how you can't find them. 

I live in Europe and we don't have any Finishline, Champs etc. here, that's why :wink: my local nike store doesn't have them yet, don't know why. Sometimes it's really a pain im the *** to find certain sneakers here...

OH what is TTS then? i interpreted it as full lockdown and my heel was stabilized in the heel cup and my toes touched the toe box end. i tried on the 10 and a 9.5 and the 9.5 was a bit snug if you dont have a narrow foot. I had to go down .5 half a size in my XX8 and XX8 SE's. the size 10 toe box was a little roomy for me.

TTS is pretty subjective IMO.  With many different foot shapes out there and many different preferences on fit, it's really hard to tag a shoe TTS for all.

I like my shoes snug and I have a foot on the narrow side, so often times when reviewers say TTS, they fit bigger than I'd like.  I also think my foot is right in-between 11/11.5 so that doesn't help.  I also hate how I over-analyze sizing... I guess just having played in so many shoes, you always want the best fit when you're paying the money.

For me, TTS would be a nice secure fit,  slightly snug with a little wiggle room.  Being a little snug at first is good since most pairs break in a bit.

Just my .02 

TTS is pretty subjective IMO.  With many different foot shapes out there and many different preferences on fit, it's really hard to tag a shoe TTS for all.

I like my shoes snug and I have a foot on the narrow side, so often times when reviewers say TTS, they fit bigger than I'd like.  I also think my foot is right in-between 11/11.5 so that doesn't help.  I also hate how I over-analyze sizing... I guess just having played in so many shoes, you always want the best fit when you're paying the money.

For me, TTS would be a nice secure fit,  slightly snug with a little wiggle room.  Being a little snug at first is good since most pairs break in a bit.

Just my .02 

thanks for your perspective. makes sense. I do that too.. always over-analyze and drive myself crazy. all i want it the perfectly molded shoe lol!

OH what is TTS then? i interpreted it as full lockdown and my heel was stabilized in the heel cup and my toes touched the toe box end. i tried on the 10 and a 9.5 and the 9.5 was a bit snug if you dont have a narrow foot. I had to go down .5 half a size in my XX8 and XX8 SE's. the size 10 toe box was a little roomy for me.
for me, my TTS is size 11 which gives me a thumb length or less in front of my toe. if the shoes fit narrow then i'll go up half size. the toe will never touch the toe box end and the shoes are not big to a point where you will slide forward and back. if your toe is touching the toe box end you have a much greater chance of injuring your foot or other problems.

here is a article of how Dr.s and majority look at what TTS is when buying shoes. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-rosenberg/how-to-find-your-true-sho_b_922536.html

Last edited:
Just saw the review too. I'm gonna wait for these to get marked down. I do like more durable material and stiffness of the shoe isn't a problem for me. If traction isn't there when I eventually get them they will make a great casual shoe for me to go to Clippers games with.

Kickgenius gave these a bad review
 The two notable things that stood out for me when they did the review on the Super.Fly 3 was

1. Fly Web system...  What the heck was that?  Why couldn't Nike just use the conventional Flywire system?

2. They felt the lack of Zoom air under the forefront.  Could easily be found if they lied by taking the sock liner out and looking for the bubble or cutting the shoe open, but I guess they cbf.

Back
Top Bottom