Jordan V fire red 2013 (tongue issue)

Greetings all. Been out of the sneaker game since 2002. Got back in about a year ago so need some help with these newer retro releases.

So I ordered a size 12 of these 2013 V's from FinishLine and bought a size 11.5 from a local mom n pop shop. Here's my question: the tongue on the size 12's (from Finishline) is bigger and taller than the tongue on my size 11.5 (from local shop). The Jumpman logo on the tongue is also noticeably larger on size 12 than on size 11.5. And the mesh netting on the side of size 12 is noticeably bigger than on size 11.5. Now I know that 1/2 a size difference in a shoe should not vary the overall look of the sneaker, I'm just wondering is this something that typically happens with these newer releases, is this a manufacturer defect or is it possible that my local sporting goods store sold me a variant or a defective product or some early prototype release of this sneaker. Pictures included below. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.   

Size 12 on the outside, both 11.5 on the inside

11.5 on the left 12 on the right

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right

size 12 near, and 11.5 behind it

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right (plastic netting looks much bigger on size 12)

size 12 next to 11.5

That is kind of funny..Its kind of suspect to buy from Mom and Pops shops..they usually tend to get B-grades, but I would try to find another size 12 and do a lil bit more comparison..I havent had problems from my size 10 to 10.5, but just do some more comparing...

"b-grade" is thrown around way too much these days... b-grades are from Nike and have a "B" stamped on the size tag... thats it, no other variations of b-grade.

Im pretty sure its just the size difference. The size ___ through size 11.5 have a set mold/parts, then the 12 through ____ have another set. Just like insoles are usually for 2-3 different sizes.

The reviews I've seen on youtube of this 2013 release all seem to have the high tongue like my size 12, even though their reviews were of shoes from size 9 to 11. This is strange, thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom