Jordan VI Midnight Navy - May 11, 2022

No disrespect, but I don’t know WTF you’re talking about. You must be in the .1% of cats that were around for Nike Air and thought the Jumpman was “cool”.

The Jumpman replacing Nike Air, as well as being slapped on the back of 1s, was frustrating to no end for all of those years for the majority of us that were heads back then.

Jumpman on the heels of 1s was definitely always atrocious. I agree with that. But, the jumpman replacing na WAS cool. It was different. And, like I said, it was further differentiating Jordan brand from Nike. Making it seem like it was really its own brand. As a fan of Jordan, I liked the fact that the shoes were, well, just Jordan. Not needing the Nike word to assist in selling the shoes. Now, as time went on, I grew to miss the NA on ogs, and appreciate it's return. However, on a non og shoe (colorway or model) I don't feel na is a necessity. You and I can agree to disagree. For this particular shoe, I like the Jumpman on it.

Btw, I've been rockin Js since 1990. Grapes were my first. And those should always have na. And laces lol

Jumpman on the heels of 1s was definitely always atrocious. I agree with that. But, the jumpman replacing na WAS cool. It was different. And, like I said, it was further differentiating Jordan brand from Nike. Making it seem like it was really its own brand. As a fan of Jordan, I liked the fact that the shoes were, well, just Jordan. Not needing the Nike word to assist in selling the shoes. Now, as time went on, I grew to miss the NA on ogs, and appreciate it's return. However, on a non og shoe (colorway or model) I don't feel na is a necessity. You and I can agree to disagree. For this particular shoe, I like the Jumpman on it.

Btw, I've been rockin Js since 1990. Grapes were my first. And those should always have na. And laces lol
So you were speaking of retro+ colorways? If so, then I don’t mind the Jumpman, but as it pertains to OG colorways, it never should’ve happened.

Back in my day....it was actually cool when the jumpman replaced the na. It was almost like Jordan was more important than nike. So.....is what it is I guess

Yeah, it was never that deep to me, because NA never belonged on non OG kicks IMO.

It devalues NA, especially considering some of the awful retro+'s that have come out.

Putting the Jumpman on the sneaker was also about building the brand and making the Jumpman a thing, and that's been done. It's global and is now iconic.

So you were speaking of retro+ colorways? If so, then I don’t mind the Jumpman, but as it pertains to OG colorways, it never should’ve happened.

Nah, it should have. They knew what they were doing. It helped make the Jumpman and Jordan brand become more visible and it's own entity. Instead of people looking at 1-6 as a Nike product.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Dunno. I could see White/Infrared 6 being next year's ASW/Feb 2022 release.

White/Infrared 6's for ASW Feburary 2022???

nawfam01.gif

We BETTER get THESE... NO EXCUSES!!!

$(KGrHqZ,!oIF!Fbll0O!BQKn+gVdqg~~60_57.JPG

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

OG EVERY DAMN THANG. Slimmer build/shape. Durabuck/Nubuck uppers. Infrared red color shade. Deep DARK purple. FLAT midsole paint. Correct color tounge. And BIGGER "7's" on the heels. We should get NOTHING less.

Last edited:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

White/Infrared 6's for ASW Feburary 2022???

nawfam01.gif

We BETTER get THESE... NO EXCUSES!!!

$(KGrHqZ,!oIF!Fbll0O!BQKn+gVdqg~~60_57.JPG

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

OG EVERY DAMN THANG. Slimmer build/shape. Durabuck/Nubuck uppers. Infrared red color shade. Deep DARK purple. FLAT midsole paint. Correct color tounge. And BIGGER "7's" on the heels. We should get NOTHING less.

we are getting these for ASW I believe

They’ve done that before. Not release pics until a few weeks before release. Did that with Maroon 6s and that was a big release then.

They’ve done that before. Not release pics until a few weeks before release. Did that with Maroon 6s and that was a big release then.

maroon6s were and still beautiful, might have to pick up another pair, very well done by JB

Once in a blue JB drops a diamond amongst all its releases, and the maroons were it that yr, hopefully these navys are it,so far the diamond is looking like cool greys, unless im missing something someone chime in

i would say lightnings but alot of ppl saying there were qc problems with those

maroon6s were and still beautiful, might have to pick up another pair, very well done by JB

Once in a blue JB drops a diamond amongst all its releases, and the maroons were it that yr, hopefully these navys are it,so far the diamond is looking like cool greys, unless im missing something someone chime in

i would say lightnings but alot of ppl saying there were qc problems with those

maroons we’re the first J’s my mom got me when I was 5 back in ‘91. They’re special to me for that reason. Need to get another pair.

Back
Top Bottom