Just when you thought the cat cruelty was done with...

[h1]Teen charged in Miami's 19 serial cat killings[/h1]

(CNN) -- A teenager is being held on 19 counts of animal cruelty linked to a month-long killing spree of pet cats in the Miami area, policesaid.

Tyler Hayes Weinman, 18, also is charged with 19 counts of improper disposal of dead animals and four counts of burglary, police said.

Weinman lives in Cutler Bay and has lived with his parents in Palmetto Bay, the two towns where police said 19 cats were mutilated and killed.

Pet owners and police began discovering disfigured cats May 13. One pet owner, Donna Gleason, said her family cat, Tommy, was "partially skinned"and left dead in her yard.

Police said 34 cats have been found dead in the towns, but only 19 mutilated cats could be linked to a serial killer. Police confirmed that some of the cats were killed by dogs, said Maj. Julie Miller of CutlerBay police.

Weinman, who works odd jobs but spends most of his time at home and unemployed, had been a person of interest for several weeks, Miller said. He wasarrested Saturday.
video.gif
Watch the teen suspect's first court appearance»

The police are looking into whether any people Weinman associates with might have been accomplices in the killings. Weinman's sealed juvenile recordincludes two prior offenses, Miller said.

He could face a maximum of 158 years in state prison if convicted on all counts, said Terry Shavez, spokeswoman for the state attorney's office.

The mayor of Cutler Bay referred to the string of feline attacks as a "plague in South Miami-Dade."

"The cruelty of these crimes were horrific for the animal victims, but there were many human victims as well," Mayor Paul Vrooman said.

"Let's not forget the children and the families who found their pets mutilated. These awful scenes inflicted a humantoll."

158 years?

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

19 cats....158 years......

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

the kid is sick tho...and definitely deserves jail time....158 years tho?

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

you only get 25 for murdering a person....bwhahahahahahahahahahha

Completely agree with Enphan..

158 years is ridiculously excessive..

And here come all the animal lovers with their %#%+%!% comments

Originally Posted by Mister916

How did i know eNPHAN is gonna be here, making that exact statement.
laugh.gif
he's the person's comment i was lookin for first...

But yea... 158 years is super OD

The only reason that this kid should be sent away for that long is if he's a sociopath. And this is a good indication that he is. But, he should beexamined by a psychologist to see if he is indeed a sociopath. Then, he should be sent away the rest of his life cause he would kill again, and it wouldn'tbe cats that time.

I don't think the kid is a future serial killer. Just a kid who was bored and thought it would be fun to kill some cats. If I didn't have nt during theday I'd be out killin cats too.

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

smh.gif
Future serial killer right there.
No joke. It's how he started...
Halloween_Michael_Myers.jpg

158 is a bit much...but he should definitely get some nice time in, thats a lot of familys hurt.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom