Just wondering how other people afford this hobby

Originally Posted by ricky409

What kind of business you have and how much are you raking in?
I make custom 3 piece wheels for high end cars. How much I rake in is above your pay grade

I really can't afford it that much anymore but I'm getting around it by trading kicks nowadays; waiting on outlet sales, have my hookups at the retail level, etc. I've found unless the shoe is insanely in demand, Nike will overproduce anyways & then it can be sniped at an outlet for around $30-90

Now that I think about it, it's been YEARS since I sold some kicks on eBay... need to free up some $$ held up in those orange boxes...

Still laughing about the concept of using vacation time to camp out for sneakers...

Co-worker: "So where did you guys go for your vacation?"

You: "The sidewalk at so & so, I brought a cooler, tent & a folding chair"

But to each their own...

Originally Posted by n20andy

I make custom 3 piece wheels for high end cars. How much I rake in is above your pay grade
then why did you start a thread if you just wanna come off as arrogant
did you just want to wait til someone asked so you could brag? the dude asked a simple question 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

did you just want to wait til someone asked so you could brag? the dude asked a simple question 
I'm not coming off as arrogant, asking someone how much money they make is rude in any circle. I'm just trying to figure out how young people these days can afford shoes that cost so much money especially when the shoes are released so close to each other. I know that when I was 17 I couldn't afford it.

Asking how much someone makes is rude?

Guess I'm rude because there are times where I genuinely intrigued how certain jobs paid. Humble brag in disguise. Stunt on player.

it is pretty rude to ask "how much someone rakes in" .... even ruder to say above your pay scale..

but anyways

if u earn say 2 grand a month and spend 500 a month on sneakers, lets even say 1000 for resale, living at home with very little expenses its certainly possible, but it leaves u with little room to spend on other things. personally if i was making 2k a month i wouldn't waste my time camping out id look for a better job but some people love their kicks..

the only time i cop sneakers is when that bonus check comes, my store has a sale, its time for my store to give me free shoes, when tax refunds come or if the shoes is one of my all time favorites ill copp like 5-7 pairs a year plus the 2-3 pairs i get free from work
i work at nike tho so ehh

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I'm not coming off as arrogant, asking someone how much money they make is rude in any circle. I'm just trying to figure out how young people these days can afford shoes that cost so much money especially when the shoes are released so close to each other. I know that when I was 17 I couldn't afford it.

but you're 29 years old and camp for shoes.....

For the younger crowd, they may have jobs and it probably is all disposable income so they can buy whatever they want.

For the people with thousand of shoes, they probably get a lot of their shoes for free now because what they did in the past.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Guess I'm rude because there are times where I genuinely intrigued how certain jobs paid. Humble brag in disguise. Stunt on player.

If you asked me how much I make, I'd tell you to your face. I don't care.

Only people with *$%% jobs get offended.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by RKO2004

If you asked me how much I make, I'd tell you to your face. I don't care.

Only people with *$%% jobs get offended.
qfe idc if someone knows how much i make

Back
Top Bottom