Justin Timberlake - "Man of the Woods" New Album

The rollout is targeted at a very white audience which is interesting because he gets a lot of love and support from R&B and the black/hispanic crowd. We've never seen him like this before so I'm interested to see how this goes.

20/20 1 was a VERY heavy R&B album, part 2 had a little more pop and that country song so we gonna see.

I love Timabalnd and Danja, I don't give a **** about Pharrell's soft *** trash.

What he said after the Jesse Williams speech was stupid, whether you a fan or not. He know that, that's why he was back tracking.

That trailer does look like some cologne commercial. lol

At first I was like wtf?!? is this then I listened about 5 times and it’s dope, got FS/LS vibe

Guess he figured he’d experiment since the next song drops in a week anyway

Edit: who is Daniel Trainor?

i dont know which way “the culture” is rocking with this since apparently he was on some all lives matter **** a few months ago + the typical i wanna be white again album rollout...

but this **** is hard...and different

edit: just read that jessie williams article and sometimes yaw be doing too much. the white people thats actually not on that bull **** gotta do a whole lot of extra backtracking and tip toeing just to be down because yalls minds are so ****ed up by the ones that are on that bull ****. sounds familiar

Didn't love it or hate it, not sure how I feel about it. I gotta hear it a couple times.

Video was trash, some ****in I Robot ****.

I don’t hate the song, its different but different ain’t always good. The best thing about him is he has always had a good ear and for the most part stays in his lane, but it’s an odd choice for a first single given who his core fan base is.

Ppl were clowning the new wave bluegrass direction we thought he was going in just for him to dust off a FS/LS reject :lol:

I can def hear the Danja influence in this beat, it's a little louder than your normal Timb track

I wonder what track he drops next Friday...

hoping for a Neptunes track

DSygkjSUMAAZYRu.jpg:large

Last edited:
won't call the song trash, because I'll be jamming to it in a week, I'm just disappointed.

JT said he was coming with a country album so while I didn't expect a full on country album, I expected at least the first single to be it. Like a preview of what to expect on the album.

Still extremely optimistic though, just want to hear more of the country material.

Back
Top Bottom