Kanye West...I Wonder...Appreciation Post!

b smooth 202

Banned
This song is my most listened to track on the iPod..I'ma keep it brief...this song=amazing

and the lyrics aren't even that great...its just something about this song that really catches my ear....idk...listening to it kinda reminds me of whathappened recently with Mrs.West for some reason

Appreciated
pimp.gif

Son, I totally feel you. If I was reading the lyrics on paper I'd be like%+%#? But somehow they just go so well with the track. That track is really likelife itself....check it out.

beginning= soft sample, kind of carefree like your childhood

the beat drops= you being dropped into this crazy world

the crazy synths = life spiraling out of control

the breakdown with just the drums = life returing back to the essence a.k.a. dying

sequenced into "the good life" = heaven.

and i'm not even kidding, i've listened to graduation all the way through at least twice a day since it's come out.

work of f......... art homie.

i think this should be his next single in light of his moms passing. this song is inspirational in a whole other sense.

This song soon became my fav off the album after a few spins.. its contagious

yeah. like alot of songs go into that "motivation" category, like the kind you listen to before a game...well this is more of just like a wake upeveryday to go grind motivational song...def. my top 3 on the cd

Song is basically what I judge my music on. Just the feelin the track gives you. Everybody is always screaming lyricism but that doesn't always make greatmusic. True, that's important but the idea of sittin next to the speaker hangin on every syllable for a metaphor or w/e is ******ed. Its just an example ofgreat MUSIC. My favorite song on the album even tho it isn't lyrical. Only a select few Hip-Hop artists can dothis.

my favorite part is the bridge, when the bassline come and the sample just flows...
Code:
And I'm back on my grind
A psychic read my lifeline
Told me in my lifetime
My name would help light up the Chicago skyline
And that's what I'm
Seven o'clock, that's primetime
Heaven'll watch, God calling from the hot lines
Why he keep giving me hot lines
I'm a star, how could I not shine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

when this song comes on the zune it has to get repeated about 10 times def apprecatied

agreed great song..played it like a dozen times straight when i got the album..nice bass...a feel good loop...not bad

Appreciated 2nd best joint on the album for me, just wish it had more rappin on it. This is the type of track that can go on for 7 min or more lol

smokin.gif

Musically great song, lyrics are pretty bad, except for the break down, which is pretty hot.
But on a side-note, American Gangster kinda ruined my perception of Graduation.
Because I was like, okay, 2007, Graduation is a dope+@%* album, definitely album of the year. I didn't even really notice the dowfall on the lyrics,because it was musically, so good. I felt like this will be the future of good hip-hop...average lyrics with a pop-type feel and amazing music.
But now that American Gangster is out, it still shows great hip-hop can be put out both lyrically & musically. It's hard for me to explain, but itsalmost hard for me to listen to Graduation now and think album of the year, because Jay just raised the bar, being that he had a musically and lyrically greatalbum.

I LOVE this track, easily one of the best songs off the LP. Might be my favorite behind Flashing Lights & Everything I Am. In the whip it knocks crazy
eek.gif
. Iono how Kanye does it, but somehow he does what he wants on songs & it comes out hot, this is a prime example. Basically, one of the best songs on agreat album.

great song.

But on a side-note, American Gangster kinda ruined my perception of Graduation.
Because I was like, okay, 2007, Graduation is a dope+@%* album, definitely album of the year. I didn't even really notice the dowfall on the lyrics, because it was musically, so good.
good observation.

Appreciated 2nd best joint on the album for me, just wish it had more rappin on it. This is the type of track that can go on for 7 min or more lol

Maybe Joey needs to get his hands on this.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom