<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by pdot

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

I mean the whole hidden meaning thing is what Jay does. Thats like his trademark as a rapper. Ham noah 2 seats ocean all together is no coincidence. He's been doin it since Reasonable Doubt and that album went over peoples heads. Now people look back and call it a classic.
Reasonable Doubt had plenty of introspective rhymes and whatnot, but nothing like this...

so... you're saying this album is better than reasonable doubt.... lyrically? 
indifferent.gif

I mean the whole hidden meaning thing is what Jay does. Thats like his trademark as a rapper. Ham noah 2 seats ocean all together is no coincidence. He's been doin it since Reasonable Doubt and that album went over peoples heads. Now people look back and call it a classic.
Reasonable Doubt had plenty of introspective rhymes and whatnot, but nothing like this...

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Come on now. This is getting out of the hand. It's a good album, maybe even great in due time, but how can an album with "That's My %$$@+", "Liftoff, "Gotta Have It", and "Made In America" be the most important album in Hip-Hop history. %*#* with the jock-riding.

RESPECT magazine is run by Elliott Wilson, a.k.a the biggest jockriding Jay-Z stan in the world... just sayin. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Come on now. This is getting out of the hand. It's a good album, maybe even great in due time, but how can an album with "That's My %$$@+", "Liftoff, "Gotta Have It", and "Made In America" be the most important album in Hip-Hop history. %*#* with the jock-riding.

RESPECT magazine is run by Elliott Wilson, a.k.a the biggest jockriding Jay-Z stan in the world... just sayin. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ErvinSB91

indifferent.gif
please show me where he said its was better lyrically? he said more INTROSPECTIVE.

Originally Posted by ErvinSB91

indifferent.gif
please show me where he said its was better lyrically? he said more INTROSPECTIVE.

Good post Rav. Its the same thing with MBDTF, dudes just dont get the message Kanye and Jay are puttin out.

Only spot a few Blacks the higher I go

That says it all...

Good post Rav. Its the same thing with MBDTF, dudes just dont get the message Kanye and Jay are puttin out.

Only spot a few Blacks the higher I go

That says it all...

laugh.gif
I promise, cats could analyze the words to 'itsy bitsy spider' and make it seem like a lyrical masterpiece on some Socrates tip:

"A spider has 8 legs, and when they say "down came the rain" it's referring to the "Reign" of ancient Egyptians over the 8 Mayan tribes. "Up came the sun and dried up all the rain" is a reference to Jesus' resurrection (up came the Son) and dried up all the rain is referring to when Jesus plauged the the community with a drought, and also Jesus dried the "reign" because he let them know that he had the true power.
30t6p3b.gif
that's deep yo.

Dudes on here probably put more thought/ research into these lyrics than the artists actually do. No hate tho, if you like that then do you.

laugh.gif
I promise, cats could analyze the words to 'itsy bitsy spider' and make it seem like a lyrical masterpiece on some Socrates tip:

"A spider has 8 legs, and when they say "down came the rain" it's referring to the "Reign" of ancient Egyptians over the 8 Mayan tribes. "Up came the sun and dried up all the rain" is a reference to Jesus' resurrection (up came the Son) and dried up all the rain is referring to when Jesus plauged the the community with a drought, and also Jesus dried the "reign" because he let them know that he had the true power.
30t6p3b.gif
that's deep yo.

Dudes on here probably put more thought/ research into these lyrics than the artists actually do. No hate tho, if you like that then do you.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

httphttp://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2011/0...-!#%$%%-in-compton-!#%$%%-in-paris-freestyle/://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2011/08/topic/topic/music/the-game-!#%$%%-in-compton-!#%$%%-in-paris-freestyle/

Jay and Kanye made rapping on some of those difficult beats look easy, this is what happens when you dont have the skill they got. Game couldnt even find the beat
grin.gif

I'm not a game fan by any stretch of the imagination, but son held his own on this beat, B. I don't  know what you're talkin about.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

httphttp://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2011/0...-!#%$%%-in-compton-!#%$%%-in-paris-freestyle/://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2011/08/topic/topic/music/the-game-!#%$%%-in-compton-!#%$%%-in-paris-freestyle/

Jay and Kanye made rapping on some of those difficult beats look easy, this is what happens when you dont have the skill they got. Game couldnt even find the beat
grin.gif

I'm not a game fan by any stretch of the imagination, but son held his own on this beat, B. I don't  know what you're talkin about.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NTer's lyric interpretations > WTT.  

Yeah for real.every time I see people break down the lyrics I think of that scene from Black Dynamite.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NTer's lyric interpretations > WTT.  

Yeah for real.every time I see people break down the lyrics I think of that scene from Black Dynamite.

Watch the Throne is partially deep and partially not.

Half of it is about being rich and living lavishly; the other half is about the problems that they still have even with all their money.

Overall it's not terribly deep, but not completely shallow either. Simple as that.

Watch the Throne is partially deep and partially not.

Half of it is about being rich and living lavishly; the other half is about the problems that they still have even with all their money.

Overall it's not terribly deep, but not completely shallow either. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
that's deep yo.

You should call out specific interpretations that you think are reaches instead of rambling. Most of the breakdowns arent even that deep just little wordplay tosses for people to catch
But there is enough "ballin and bottle poppin" for the masses.
I think the problem is most people dont like knowing something went over there head. Especially since most people already dismissed it as flossin or bougee rap 
laugh.gif

You would have to have some knowledge in Philosophy to catch the Socrates/Plato lines

You would have to have be familiar with Genesis to catch the obvious Noah references. 

But like I said you dismiss the obvious wordplay from a guy who wrote a best selling book about how he puts hidden meanings in his lyrics. Cool

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
that's deep yo.

You should call out specific interpretations that you think are reaches instead of rambling. Most of the breakdowns arent even that deep just little wordplay tosses for people to catch
I think the problem is most people dont like knowing something went over there head. Especially since most people already dismissed it as flossin or bougee rap 
laugh.gif

You would have to have some knowledge in Philosophy to catch the Socrates/Plato lines

You would have to have be familiar with Genesis to catch the obvious Noah references. 

But like I said you dismiss the obvious wordplay from a guy who wrote a best selling book about how he puts hidden meanings in his lyrics. Cool

Originally Posted by tune205

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
that's deep yo.

laugh.gif

Yo that itsy bitsy spider analogy was low key kinda funny tho
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom