Keeping all Jordans DS

Hey guys, I have about 12 pairs of Jordans that i've purchased since about 7 months ago and wanted to keep them all DS, or atleast most of them. I take great care of them, does anyone think that's a bad idea? I see how kicks from the 90's and early 2000's are still kept DS and they are awesome. Any opinions?

Yeah you can definitely keep your kicks DS. It definitely helps if you're going to consider reselling, but the quality is different now, so it may be harder to keep the shoes fresh.

Well, truthfully, i've had so many pair of J's in my past that instead of rockin them, I simply want to collect them. I've got the 1's, the 3's, three differnt 6's, three differnt 11's, two differnt 12's, and a couple Spizikes. I really love these shoes, i'm sure i'm gonna rock some, but not all for sure.

just wear em odds are you have some 12's,6's and possibly some anniversary models which all can be found below retail they will not be worth a ton of money down the line and more than likely there going to be hard to preserve and keep crisp so just rock em IMO

I'm not worried so much about selling them, I just really like collecting. My favorite are the Bred XI's and the Bred XII's.

only ds if your gonna resell or buy doubles in your favorite jordan so you can have a fresh pair that you can pull out a few years down the line

I think it's great you're keeping them DS because you like collecting. Collectors will always have varying opinions on this. Some will wear all their shoes. Some buy 2 pairs; one to rock & one to stock. And some completely keep all their shoes they buy DS.

Whatever the case may be, as long as you are enjoying the hobby, that's the main point.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Hey thanks Mike, appreciate the opinion. I have no problem at all with keeping the shoes DS, I have a special room in my house that's full of collections, Jerseys, shoes, shirts, (some I wear)... The only thing I was wondering is what does quality have to do with keeping a shoe DS? For example, if a shoe has "lesser" quality then an OG, does that effecting keeping it DS? I don't understand if they are kept in the BOX (taken out once every couple weeks), in a cool dark room.

Jordans worth collecting ended in 04, wear your shoes before they fall apart on their own.

I like to wear all my J's. But if you want to keep them DS I have no problem with that, they are your shoes do what you want with them.

I personally think buying shoes to stare at is ******ed, collecting wise or not. They should at least be worn around the house. If not, they will fall apart. As long as you keep them in the box and at room temperature (doesn't have to be "dark" like everyone says) they will be fine. IMO at least wear them around the house though, but it's your money and your shoes.

check that thread wear the guy un-DS'd his spacejams after keeping the on ice for a couple of years
and they completely fell apart on him after wearing them for 2-3 hours...

that's why you shouldn't leave them DS... like JordanHead said, at least wear them around the house.

as a fairly new "collector" I have only been buying kicks for about 3 years, IMO...if you want to save for sentimental value that is one thing but as others have said the new shoes in recent years kinda suck...you need to just wear them and enjoy them.  If not...just buy doubles but the point is wear them.

Wear what you want and keep DS what you want, they're your shoes so do what you want with them. Theres no wrong way to be a collector.

if your filthy rich,,collect them...but for an average joe like me..I rock them all day all night, whenever i can...

Originally Posted by azhul23

if your filthy rich,,collect them...but for an average joe like me..I rock them all day all night, whenever i can...

pretty freakin' much. Haha.

You could tell cats like me are broke cuz we stunt way too hard... for no apparent reason... compensating for a lack of affluency and opulence.

Oh well.

You can take me out the 'jects... but you can't take the 'jects out of me.

Dip Set *#!+@.

Haha, yeah man those are some funny posts about bein rich. I'm not rich, however I do get my sneakers for very cheap, 80-90 $ max because my friends family own a few places. Some people say to wear them once every few months to keep them from drying out, some say not to wear them, some say wear them... I just want to know for those who collect, what do you honestly do. Money is not an issue, especially since I get them at such a discount, but there's just something I love about seeing a brand new box of Jordans with a fresh pair.

it's fine if you wanna keep them DS. They're your shoes.

I know people that keep their sneakers DS just to get props, but if you really like collecting it's probably because YOU like them so I think if you like your shoes and are happy no matter theit conditionthat's al that matters.
I personnally wear all my shoes because I feel they're meant to be beat

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I think it's great you're keeping them DS because you like collecting. Collectors will always have varying opinions on this. Some will wear all their shoes. Some buy 2 pairs; one to rock & one to stock. And some completely keep all their shoes they buy DS.

Whatever the case may be, as long as you are enjoying the hobby, that's the main point.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!
This is what I was thinking and it couldn't be said much better. I've got 4 pairs of DS shoes right now and they're only deadstock because of bad weather...
wink.gif

first thing, buying shoes to re-sell is not worth the time it takes to get a return on your money. there are rare very rare moments if you can get your hands on that hypebeast collector pair that they only made 100 or so of. but i'm pretty sure the people who did this have not spent just a single waiting day on this addiction. second collecting shoes, they are not baseball cards more like paintings because the people who keep them DS stare at them once in a while when they take them out of the box. so they are basically paintings you don't hang on the wall but keep them boxed up in the closet. pretty useless if you ask me get where i'm going with this people. no reason to keep DS theres always more coming tomorrow.

I just wonder what happens when you keep them DS for a long time, and how long is it safe to keep them DS before "need" to be worn (before they begin to crumble).

Back
Top Bottom