KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

If thats the best song on here in many of your opinions...I'm just not seeing that lyricism people say he has.

I guess its a feeling or an appearance he gives off. 

I respect his following though. 

***** dont kill my vibe

where from my post did i say this is his best song? you dont like his work. we get it. why are you still here?

please stay out of s&t too

Backseat freestyle isnt the best lyrical song on there but it is a good song. Also flows amazingly with the album. If u cant play this album straight through and see its great, you gotta get your ears checked.

Anyways ive played this about 8-10 times through so far lol. Its pretty much a movie.

If thats the best song on here in many of your opinions...I'm just not seeing that lyricism people say he has.

***** dont kill my vibe

where from my post did i say this is his best song? you dont like his work. we get it. why are you still here?
please stay out of s&t too
You are UBER annoying. How many times you gonna keep saying the same thing?
I didn't know this was a Kendrick Lamar circle jerk.

Ya'll can't take any criticism I see. 

***** dont kill my vibe

please stay out of s

Here Putty, I went through the trouble of finding this for you
http://niketalk.com/t/272113/cyhi-da-prince-royal-flush-official-thread/0_20
Now please

heres what needs to happen

Kendrick/3k collab album
15 tracks; no bonuses, no features(besides a couple women singers adding vocals to sections)
All produced by outkast, sounwave, just blaze, pharell, and maybe one/two  kanye track if its his old school sample ****, and one hit-boy banger

1. 3000 vs. Kendrick (The Intro) prod. Just Blaze *scratching from DJ Premier - 4-8 bars cyphering back 3 mini-verses each
2. Black Roses (Resurrection) prod. Sounwave
3. Electric Guitar prod. Outkast
4. Beautiful Nightmare prod. Sounwave
5. Lab Bottles prod. Hit-Boy
6. Lyrical Prescription prod. Just Blaze
7. This Ain't for ***'s (Prostitute Flaws) prod. Outkast
8. Suffocation prod. Outkast
9. Breath prod. Kanye West
10. Unknown Galaxy  prod. Sounwave
11. 2020 Storytelling  prod. Outkast
12. Torch prod. Outkast (3000 verses)/Future King prod. Soundwave(Kendrick verses)
13. Heaven, Hell, and In Between prod. Kanye West *scratching from DJ Premier
14. Positive Reflections prod. Pharrell
15. You Can't Sleep Now (The Outro)  prod. Outkast

what you think ? LOLLL

Look at you making fake tracklists. Relax. And FutureMD is right, Kendrick fans can't take any criticism from people who are objective. Its like you have to like him or else.

Kendrick/3k collab album
15 tracks; no bonuses, no features(besides a couple women singers adding vocals to sections)
All produced by outkast, sounwave, just blaze, pharell, and maybe one/two  kanye track if its his old school sample ****, and one hit-boy banger

1. 3000 vs. Kendrick (The Intro) prod. Just Blaze *scratching from DJ Premier - 4-8 bars cyphering back 3 mini-verses each
12. Torch prod. Outkast (3000 verses)/Future King prod. Soundwave(Kendrick verses)

what you think ? LOLLL

Look at you making fake tracklists. Relax. And FutureMD is right, Kendrick fans can't take any criticism from people who are objective. Its like you have to like him or else.
Maybe it's that way with certain Kendrick fans. But it's like when people say," i guess I can't have an opinion".
No one said you have to like him, we just can't fathom someone not liking him, especially with Putty slurping Cyhi, and then in the same breath
complaining about K Dpt's lyricism.

I swear some of you dudes are like females always looking for an argument. Dudes on here don't have a problem with MD not liking KL, but for him to post the same thing on damn near every page is like he is fishing for some type of attention.

*goes back to bumping "bish don't kill my vibe"*

Kendrick/3k collab album

what you think ? LOLLL

Maybe it's that way with certain Kendrick fans. But it's like when people say," i guess I can't have an opinion".
No one said you have to like him, we just can't fathom someone not liking him, especially with Putty slurping Cyhi, and then in the same breath
complaining about K Dot's lyricism.

Last edited:

That's not the point.

If you don't like an artist...why would you repeatedly post the exact same response in a thread over multiple days. That's corny.

I don't **** with Wiz. I don't have a reply on every page in the Cabin Fever 2 thread.

I know why Future's so butthurt and annoying about his distaste for Kendrick...
cuz damb I got bishes, damb I got bishes, damb I got bishes

Criticism is cool if you don't like his music that's fine, he ain't for you but move on. Silly/MD/optimus/drakes #1 fan keeps coming in saying the same ****. Roll out.

Kendrick/3k collab album

what you think ? LOLLL

You need to relax man.

***** making up fantasy tracklistings :smh:

Word :lol:. This may as well have been on wikipedia. Reminds me of that fake GFID track list
1. "Pray For Us" (featuring Lil B, Soulja Boy, Lil Twist & Lil Chuckie) 6:00
2. "Pirates" (featuring Rockie Fresh, XV & Emilio Rojas) 5:00
3. "3 Kings" (featuring 2 Chainz, Waka Flocka Flame & Chief Keef)
4. "Ashamed" (featuring Frank Ocean, Tyler, the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt & Casey Veggies)
5. "Maybach Music IV" (featuring Nas, Jay Electronica, Eminem & Joey Bad*****)
6. "Sixteen" (featuring Pac Div, Overdoz., Nipsey Hussle & YG)
7. "Amsterdam" (featuring Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, Big K.R.I.T. & A$AP Rocky)
8. "Hold Me Back" G5
9. "911" (featuring Danny Brown, Dom Kennedy & Kirko Bangz)
10. "So Sophisticated" (featuring Meek Mill) The Beat Bully
11. "Presidential" (featuring Barack Obama, Drake, J. Cole & Big Sean)
12. "Ice Cold" (featuring The Weeknd, Kid Cudi & Lil Wayne)
13. "Touch'n You" (featuring Usher) Rico Love, Mr. Morris
14. "Diced Pineapples" (featuring MGK, Mac Miller & Yelawolf)
15. "Ten Jesus Pieces" (featuring Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock & Ab-Soul)

Im hearing the target deluxe will have 2 bonus tracks. Recipe (black hippy remix) & a song called County building blues

:nerd:

What does Cyhi have to do with any of this? I'm not out here trying to evangelize one way or the other.

Mind you all, I said "I respect his following"

Dudes are posting multiple times that they LOVE the album...and I'm doing what? I didn't say I hated it. I just didn't see what the hype was about.

Meanwhile I've listened to every KL mixtape and I've listened to the album twice...and I'm just not feeling it. I don't get it. 

You all are REALLY bad at taking any sort of opinion from people who veer form the path. Thats partly why I think this dude is so overhyped. 

You build up this mystique around him and I don't think he delivered. I think he represents a style of what you WANT "hip-hop" to sound like, instead of what it actually does. Just accept it as plainly as possible and see what it does. Its like this outright movement towards J Cole. The kid is boring to me...and dare I say overrated. He has a few memorable lines here and there but I just find him to be more of someone who wants to be something instead of just being himself. It comes off as corny and other times contrived. 

To me he comes off as a string of nostalgia that people want to identify with so they can show that they're "real hip-hop" fans and so they give it this extra credibility to reinforce its appeal as opposed to letting the music speak for itself. Its like the purists who associate the perceived "age" of a song based on how the production is handled to therefore being indicative of quality. Hardcore KL fans give me that vibe of post-90s addicts who aren't really that diverse in their conception of music, but cling to things that tightly proclaim themselves as "intelligent" or "good music" without them ever really earning that title. Its the pursuit of trying to be deeper than you really are and thinking that KL will give you that additional legitimacy. 

I give the album a 7/10. I just can't listen to it like that. Its kinda boring to me and his lyrics aren't really that deep. I don't think I ever rewinded anything or felt like I was missing something. He can put words together...but its nothing I haven't heard before. In terms of rapping, being "technical" is the last thing on the list to me if what you're actually saying is weak anyways. Rapping faster or with a weird inflection or in certain patterns doesn't really mean as much as what you fill those spaces with. Its not even his subject matter, its that hes not even really making it seem like its authentic. It seems more of a facade to a certain niche of "purists" than actually just being yourself. 

Remember. Just cause you don't understand him, don't mean that he nice. 

Those are just my thoughts though. 

You all can get back to circle-jerking. Theres a reason I might not have been a big fan in the years leading up to this. 

The Roots album is stronger than this as a concept piece IMO.

Last edited:
its funny when hip hop dudes want a chick singing they call drake, the soft version of aaliyah.

the dudes that actually like this guy are always the ones that got picked on and supersensitive..i cant understand how any alpha male can think this dude is ill when he was on degrassi, and dedicating love songs to strippers

i throw this cd in my dryer to make my towels softer.

kendricks cd is 8.5-9 outta 10 in my book..its like nowadays anyone can be a super lame yrs ago and all of a sudden be accepted as the illest rapper or w.e, im sure mommy and daddys money is paying for writers.

i also just saw dudes tattoos on some random site, wow.

the only new guys i can respect is this guy and jay electronica and action bronson.

im also on the westcoast and havent liked any rappers from here since the deathrow/nwa period...i've always disliked game and didnt even take him serious with his super brand new tats.

this is a hood album representing the westcoast way of life growing up, you probably couldnt relate to alot of the things he's rapping about like government housing welfare alcoholism and everday life in the hood.

Last edited:
the only new guys i can respect is this guy and jay electronica and action bronson.

im also on the westcoast and havent liked any rappers from here since the deathrow/nwa period...i've always disliked game and didnt even take him serious with his super brand new tats.

this is a hood album representing the westcoast way of life growing up, you probably couldnt relate to alot of the things he's rapping about like government housing welfare alcoholism and everday life in the hood.
Thing is, I actually LIKE Jay and Action Bronson.

Game is hit or miss with me. 

I don't care if its a hood album... Is that supposed to change my perception of the music? I find it funny that people assume that critics wouldn't know anything about those concepts anyways. Thats always been an excuse in my eyes.

its funny when hip hop dudes want a chick singing they call drake, the soft version of aaliyah.

the dudes that actually like this guy are always the ones that got picked on and supersensitive..i cant understand how any alpha male can think this dude is ill when he was on degrassi, and dedicating love songs to strippers
i throw this cd in my dryer to make my towels softer.

kendricks cd is 8.5-9 outta 10 in my book..its like nowadays anyone can be a super lame yrs ago and all of a sudden be accepted as the illest rapper or w.e, im sure mommy and daddys money is paying for writers.

i also just saw dudes tattoos on some random site, wow.

:rofl:

Still holding out till Tuesday but I heard first half last night in my boys whip...

from what I heard, album is :pimp:

***** dont kill my vibe

please stay out of s

Now please

What does Cyhi have to do with any of this? I'm not out here trying to evangelize one way or the other.

Dudes are posting multiple times that they LOVE the album...and I'm doing what? I didn't say I hated it. I just didn't see what the hype was about.

Meanwhile I've listened to every KL mixtape and I've listened to the album twice...and I'm just not feeling it. I don't get it. 

You all are REALLY bad at taking any sort of opinion from people who veer form the path. Thats partly why I think this dude is so overhyped. 

You build up this mystique around him and I don't think he delivered. I think he represents a style of what you WANT "hip-hop" to sound like, instead of what it actually does. Just accept it as plainly as possible and see what it does. Its like this outright movement towards J Cole. The kid is boring to me...and dare I say overrated. He has a few memorable lines here and there but I just find him to be more of someone who wants to be something instead of just being himself. It comes off as corny and other times contrived. 

To me he comes off as a string of nostalgia that people want to identify with so they can show that they're "real hip-hop" fans and so they give it this extra credibility to reinforce its appeal as opposed to letting the music speak for itself. Its like the purists who associate the perceived "age" of a song based on how the production is handled to therefore being indicative of quality. Hardcore KL fans give me that vibe of post-90s addicts who aren't really that diverse in their conception of music, but cling to things that tightly proclaim themselves as "intelligent" or "good music" without them ever really earning that title. Its the pursuit of trying to be deeper than you really are and thinking that KL will give you that additional legitimacy. 

I give the album a 7/10. I just can't listen to it like that. Its kinda boring to me and his lyrics aren't really that deep. I don't think I ever rewinded anything or felt like I was missing something. He can put words together...but its nothing I haven't heard before. In terms of rapping, being "technical" is the last thing on the list to me if what you're actually saying is weak anyways. Rapping faster or with a weird inflection or in certain patterns doesn't really mean as much as what you fill those spaces with. Its not even his subject matter, its that hes not even really making it seem like its authentic. It seems more of a facade to a certain niche of "purists" than actually just being yourself. 

You all can get back to circle-jerking. Theres a reason I might not have been a big fan in the years leading up to this. 

Chill out whodie, it's always gotta be some "reaching the uninformed masses" stuff with you.
GET TA STEPPIN !

***** dont kill my vibe

please stay out of s

Now please

Chill out whodie, it's always gotta be some "reaching the uninformed masses" stuff with you.
GET TA STEPPIN !
What are you even talking about? 

I said my piece, and you're over here searching for threads of unrelated artists to ATTEMPT to make a point.

You're just reinforcing the notion that KL fans really can't handle any criticism. 

I said mine. You say yours. Dead it if its REALLY not important to you. You DO have that option. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom