Kendrick Lamar kicks fan off stage for saying the N word

Starts at 50 seconds
NSFW

Fan backlash is mounting over an incident at a Kendrick Lamar concert, which some are calling a set-up intended to humiliate a fan for publicity.

Lamar was headlining the final night of the Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama on Sunday when he invited a white concertgoer named Delaney on stage to sing his song M.A.A.D City alongside him.

Just seconds into the song, Lamar cut the music and scolded the fan for singing the full lyrics of the song, which includes the N-word throughout.

Amid the outrage, some of it directed at Delaney, other fans are wondering if the Pulitzer Prize-winning singer intentionally set out to stir controversy and publicity by inviting a white fan to sing his lyrics.

Lamar's publicists did not immediately respond to requests for comment from DailyMail.com.

Kendrick is showing what every groups "black friend" knows... They just was a black person to give them permission to say the 'N' word

yet white ppl will argue to death theyre just singing along with the words the artist put in the song

but guess what

the artists arent saying that word for white people benefit to say it

theyre saying it for/to the audience of their own people

now kendrick is telling these white ppl that its not for them

but theyll still argue for their right to say it

despite knowing they cant socially acceptibly say it outside of music anyway

Last edited:
Obviously a setup. He could've played any song. Still a silly cause to me. You know it's part of a song and the person doesn't mean it in a disrespectful way. Of all the issues we have in the black community, people choose something as minor as this to harp on.

Obviously a setup. He could've played any song. Still a silly cause to me. You know it's part of a song and the person doesn't mean it in a disrespectful way. Of all the issues we have in the black community, people choose something as minor as this to harp on.

even if its a setup its a good setup

set up so that these people get the point they cant say it

minor is your opinion i think it goes a long way in terms of race relations

a word with that historic meaning cant be minor imo

telling people they can't do something, but yet they are allowed to do it. it's almost like how cops say don't kill people, however, they are left off the hook when they commit that crime. i know that's a bit extreme but kind of came to mind.

What?????????????

Which issues could HE have been focusing on during a concert? LOL

A white guy and and an Indian guy got up on stage and had no problem skipping over the word. Delaney struggled and said it on 2 occasions after he said not to

*shrugs*

That's the funniest part :lol:

Shorty got up there and exposed herself.

telling people they can't do something, but yet they are allowed to do it. it's almost like how cops say don't kill people, however, they are left off the hook when they commit that crime. i know that's a bit extreme but kind of came to mind.

Son said "a bit extreme" :lol::lol:

What?????????????

Which issues could HE have been focusing on during a concert? LOL

Did I say kendrick? I said "we" as the black community, as in all the people making a big deal over someone singing a song by an artist they like. If you go to the club, every race says it in popular songs, is somebody gonna check them all one by one? No.

thats precisely why its such a good thing that he did that

you cant check each and every individual

but making an example out of one and setting the precedent that its not "allowed" is whats needed

obviously you cant stop everyone or anyone from saying but still the idea needs to be out front and center that its not appreciated or "acceptable"

Did I say kendrick? I said "we" as the black community, as in all the people making a big deal over someone singing a song by an artist they like. If you go to the club, every race says it in popular songs, is somebody gonna check them all one by one? No.
The two are not mutually exclusive. You can focus on real injustices, and deal with these injustices as well.

The whole 'there are bigger things to worry about' is a cheap argument, and an argument frequently used by racist/ignorant whites to excuse their behavior.

On top of that, the example you used is a completely different situation than a white woman on stage with Kendrick Lamar with a microphone yelling out '*****.'

You see the difference, right?

I don't know why but from reading this I feel like you use the phrase "black on black crime" seriously

I remember when this album released, in the first two full songs (including the intro)
the F-word was used over 50 times and the N-word was used almost 150 times....in the first 10 minutes of content. :lol:

DSC00006 - Copy.JPG

Back
Top Bottom