Klay Thompson Signature Shoe By ANTA *KT9*

Have you guys noticed that there are notable differences between what Klay wears from what Anta actually releases in public?

For example the ankle strap, tongue and the lacing for post season.

Have you guys noticed that there are notable differences between what Klay wears from what Anta actually releases in public?

For example the ankle strap, tongue and the lacing for post season.
pics of the differences?

721B19D3-727B-4537-8810-F0BE81C6177D.jpeg
9D0D99E9-2B6C-406D-8B77-2CD8EC22E28A.jpeg

Here, some of the difference are, Klay has chrome accents, retail is just plain silver. The strap also is different. Klay’s strap has an extension at the bottom while retail is plain round.

2B90D0A5-FE11-4D90-AB49-0F148CA49615.jpeg
965631A0-EAD4-4301-876F-5DD4D5CCAF59.jpeg
pics of the differences?
The one on top is Klay’s. The one at the bottom is the retail. Notice the laces on Klay has eyelets for every wire that goes through the knit, compared to the retail that has no eyelets until the top of the shoe. Also, the top part of Klay’s shoe has 2 eyelets, while retail only has 1. See the tongue is different too.

I just got the black Chase. My concern is, I might break the wire support when I thighten the laces because only the wires are supporting the laces.

Good eye on the lace wire difference. It might be okay since it's going through multiple parts of the upper. Let us know how it'll hold up. Although I would be getting the white pair for casual wear lol

If anybody looking to get the KT2, SP has them on sale for $80 + 20%, code: SP20
http://www.shoepalace.com/search/?q=anta&per=16

Last edited:
Good eye on the lace wire difference. It might be okay since it's going through multiple parts of the upper. Let us know how it'll hold up. Although I would be getting the white pair for casual wear lol

If anybody looking to get the KT2, SP has them on sale for $80 + 20%, code: SP20
http://www.shoepalace.com/search/?q=anta&per=16
I played with the post black in a game today. It held up pretty well. I do not know in the long run though. Is there anybody from Anta here that can clarify why there are such differences? I am a little disappointed why there has to be some difference.

Maybe Klay Thompson literally gets player exclusives. On his in-game signature shoes, Scottie Pippen used to have Zoom Air instead of Air Max cushioning. KT's in-game shoes might be spec'd exactly how he wants them.

Why should that be? It’s misleading consumers. Kinda like cutting corners to earn a quick buck. I think if you buy a product, you buy it for its specifications. It’s deceiving that they use endorsers then you don’t actually get the same product.

Why should that be? It’s misleading consumers. Kinda like cutting corners to earn a quick buck. I think if you buy a product, you buy it for its specifications. It’s deceiving that they use endorsers then you don’t actually get the same product.

I get what your saying, but they are athletes at the very top of their profession. They want their equipment to be equal to their talent, hence special makeups. You know a lot of NBA players use custom orthotics inside their shoes. And Tennis players have used special outsoles for particular surfaces back in the day (Agassi always had a custom soled ATC for grass or clay). I wouldn't expect them to wear what I can buy. On the outside it may look the same, but inside it's gonna be different.

Last edited:
I get what your saying, but they are athletes at the very top of their profession. They want their equipment to be equal to their talent, hence special makeups. You know a lot of NBA players use custom orthotics inside their shoes. And Tennis players have used special outsoles for particular surfaces back in the day (Agassi always had a custom soled ATC for grass or clay). I wouldn't expect them to wear what I can buy. On the outside it may look the same, but inside it's gonna be different.

I totally get what you are saying. I agree to a point but The problem here though is the opposite. The cosmetic looks have obvious difference. At the least they should have made the “looks” exact. Let me sight an example, the KT2. The China version had the noticable difference both cosmetic and specification from the US version. I had both versions and to tell you the truth the US version looks exactly what Klay plays on the court up to he smallest detail. The China version can easily be spotted.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating... I love the KT line I have at least 2 colorways of each installment. I ball the hell out of them that is why I am affected by this. Sad to say the small difference actually affects the quality of the item.

I like the Marvel Be A Champion lows but the highest size is an 11 and I'm an 11.5. Hopefully they release larger sizes.

Last edited:
^^^^^^ piggybacking off of what you said, I wanted to post some anta shoes but not real anta thread. Anybody know anything about the new NASA model they just came out with? Looks similar to the LeBron 15 silhouette .

Ive heard comparisons made of the KT3 lows to the jordan XX8 low. Anyone played in both? More cushion in the KT3, and less break in time?

I like the Marvel Be A Champion lows but the highest size is an 11 and I'm an 11.5. Hopefully they release larger sizes.
Hey just a heads up, I talk to the rep and he convinced me to try the 11 saying it would fit perfect and with the same I tried them out and I am happy to report back that he was right. ( for me at least) These were a perfect fit. They were slightly tight when I first teis them on but I barley had to short around in them for the knit to start stretching and it be an extremely comfortable fit.

I am the mid 2's ( I am normally a mid guy) and I got these 3's in a low and I enjoy the lows much more for the cushion and even more the fit. Really had a 1 to 1 fit for me. I am going to order the mids now so I can compare.

Again everybodies foot is different I know but I just thought I would share this with you since you were looking for a 11.5 just like I was

Back
Top Bottom