Knicks Close to Deal for JR Smith

The Knicks are close to agreement on a deal with J.R. Smith.

New York will need to cut a player to make room for Smith.

Smith has also been considering the Clippers.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219046/Knicks_Close_To_Deal_For_JR_Smith#ixzz1mZL98T2T

Lin
Smith
Melo
Amare
Chandler

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Way to piss our budding chemistry away.

I always thought that playing under Byron Scott was the best thing to happen to him. He needs a system like San Antonio or Milwaukee with a hard nosed coach.

Mike D isnt that.

He'll give us a lotta highlights....but he's a headcase. SMH

melo&smith??...lmao no wayyy yall can win. there isn't enough shots in existence to be jacked up by these two, and still have enough for your precious jeremy lin to get 10 & 10.

good luck with that hahahaha

Why did you have to make a different thread about this though...as if you didn't post it in the NYK thread.

in my opinion knicks have enough offensive threats they need some defensive stoppers.

they should sign him and trade him to la and well give world peace.  
grin.gif

it's only been 7 games, but NY team chemistry looks very good at this point. I think growing JR in that mix isn't the best for the team IMO

Originally Posted by odog24

in my opinion knicks have enough offensive threats they need some defensive stoppers.

they should sign him and trade him to la and well give world peace.  
grin.gif
Please name all of the Knicks offensive threats.
They might have guys that are better at offense than defense, but doesn't make them great offensively.

I'm fine with this move.

JR is worlds better than whatever Bill Walker is doing with his minutes. As long as Tyson can keep him in check, I'm cool.

Worse case scenario we cut him. I doubt it comes to that, though.

He can be very productive off the bench and the team needs more scoring. When the 2nd unit is in the game, Shump is the only one who can handle the ball and get to the paint.

J.R. is a headcase, but was was also one of the best 6th men in the league in Denver. He never got along with Karl, but he was an important part of the the team the made it to the WCF. Might as well give him a shot. Who will give this team that spark off the bench? Bibby? Douglas? Walker? Smith has never really been given a chance to start, so that may be an option. But my point is he is used to coming off the bench so he shouldn't mind embracing that role. I think positive attitudes like Chandler, Lin, Fields, and Jeffries might be enough to keep him in line. He also has an insane hot streak from behind the 3.

Even though some other Clippers' fans were pretty high on Smith signing there, I figured he'd go to the Knicks because he can get more money there. As a Clippers fan, I'm not upset we don't appear to be getting him, as I've never been a fan of his. He's talented, no doubt, but too erratic. Going to be real interesting to see how things play out with the Knicks once Melo is back and Smith is in the mix. I either see it working really well or being a bit of a train wreck.

J.R. must have seen all the attention Lin has been getting
laugh.gif

He said he wanted to continue wearing #23 on twitter a few weeks ago
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SpaceLemonkush

another ball hog on the team nice 
pimp.gif

Who are the others?
If you say Melo, don't fail to acknowledge that when those 2 ball hogs got a good point guard in Denver, they made it to the WCF. 

the 2nd unit couldnt buy a basket without lin.

depth cant hurt. you cut or trade him if he starts acting up

Back
Top Bottom