Kobe III sl's!!!

Despite what a lot of other people have said about this shoe's traction I went ahead and got them anyways because I haven't had a chance to play in thekb3's yet and the first and second versions of the kobe's were both my favorites of the year. Here's the breakdown for me.. I'm 5 ft 8 140lbs.
Fit & Comfort
I think the fit is very good, actually exceptional. I was at Sports Chalet and they had the LB5's in black red for $50 and I tried the bron's on myleft foot and the kb on my right... needless to say there was no comparison, the brons felt like a boot..a steel toed boot no less and the kb felt like socksw/ cushioning. The brons were also huge looking while the kb's were slimming. The fit is better to me than the 1's and 2's and better than the zoombb's which makes it twice as good as the bb2's. And these shoes are very comfortable, at least for balling. Way way way more comfortable than thexx3's which after they broke in are good but still stiffer than hell and hurt after 2 hours.
a solid 9
Cushioning
I think pretty much as good as it gets!! I like it even better than the 2's which had amazing court feel but on occasion would bottom out or hurt mypinky toe? It's not as insane feeling w/ out the free but I think it's closer to the 2k4's than anything I can think of, only softer. Has a lot ofbounce back and is extremely comfortable.
traction
I play indoors on clean floors so this may be different for those that aren't as fortunate. I think it's very good, I've played in these 6 timesfor 2 to 3 hours each time and have never slipped, it doesn't squeak either so it's not amazing but no problems here.
ankle support
Seems pretty good to me, no worse than the 2k4's which i never had problems w/ and it's more comfortable.
overall it's a high 9 because things can always be improved upon but i will say this, it's the best shoe i've played in in at least 5 years. Iprefer it to the xx3's by a lot, the kb2's and 1's by a lot, the bb's by a lot and the 2k4's a little because it's softer and easierto wear.

I have the black ones and I love them. They are definitely in my top ten of basketball shoes and will probably move up the more I play in them.

I've balled in the first two Kobes like the OP and I definitely place the IIIs at the top. I have had no problem with traction and the fit is superb.It's like the Flightposites and Foamposite Maxes where you slide your feet in them and it just feels right.

As far as cushioning goes, the heel is a definite highlight. It's one of the softest and springiest heels around, like Jordan XIX status (another in my topten).

For me, however, the forefoot is the most important factor in a basketball shoe's cushioning. I play on my forefeet hard and so that's usually the areathat gets the most criticism from me. The Kobe IIIs are pretty good in this department. The Kobe Is and IIs were pretty bad for me there. The Kobe Is were toofirm and the Kobe IIs bottomed-out way too easily.

I usually don't have a problem with stability and the Kobe IIIs didn't fail me at all in this area as well. The massive outrigger is fantastic.

I'd give the performance of the shoe a solid 9 as well. The styling is very underrated and gets a 10 from me.

For me, however, the forefoot is the most important factor in a basketball shoe's cushioning. I play on my forefeet hard and so that's usually the area that gets the most criticism from me. The Kobe IIIs are pretty good in this department.
Negative.

These shoes are money EXCEPT for the unresponsive forefront area
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom