Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Haven't kinda turned my back on Kobe once the IX dropping wasn't really feeling them. But X are looking prmosing.

Why does he have to leave the thread?

He gave his opinion..

Same opinion as alot of other folks in here as well..

So do u want them to leave to?

Who would there be to post in here with u?

Lewi? Only say that cuz he gonna be 5 pairs deep regardless of what it looks like(Lewi u my man 50 grand and all)..

Question is, why is he still here? I disliked the Kobe 9, but I wasn't in that thread on page 90-something talking about "The kobe 9 is trash!" I simply spent more time in the threads of the basketball shoes that I was interested in at the time.

Sometimes you just wanna reiterate the fact that a shoe sucks :lol:.

Don't get butthurt and worked up over words on the screen.

When everyone starts getting them Ill be curious of the consensus of comfort level compared to the 9.

These must be the true shedding skin kobes. Fuse will fall off like a snake skin.

Was about to say something like that. Just give it a "Nike story" and it's all good.

"The fuse falls off like defenders do on kobe. The material on the floor represents any doubts because kobe has none"

Last edited:
Shoes fall apart guys

These are basketball shoes
They are meant to be played in

People have had Kobe 4's, 5's, and 6's rip and tear.. That's what happens, they aren't tanks

Nightwear and Kicks Genius push these shoes to the limits to show and offer the best advice on the shoes and how they perform..
The ASG also has a different upper, so they may not all be like that

And some people don't even play ball and just wear these Kobes and other shoes casually or to take a pic stepping in a puddle of water or with a stack of cookies for IG likes.. So why does it matter? Lol

Was about to say something like that. Just give it a "Nike story" and it's all good.

"The fuse falls off like defenders do on kobe. The material on the floor represents and doubts because kobe has none"

That might even help boost sales.

Shoes fall apart guys

People have had Kobe 4's, 5's, and 6's rip and tear.. That's what happens, they aren't tanks

Nightwear and Kicks Genius push these shoes to the limits to show and offer the best advice on the shoes and how they perform..

And some people don't even play ball and just wear these Kobes and other shoes casually or to take a pic stepping in a puddle of water or with a stack of cookies for IG likes.. So why does it matter? Lol
I mean, yeah, shoes fall apart.. but a pair of $200 basketball shoes that are made for basketball shouldn't fall apart so soon. If I buy the 10's I definitely plan on balling in them and wouldn't expect them to tear apart so easily. I have shoes that I've played in for years and they haven't fallen apart and with all the new technology I wouldn't expect a newer pair to fall apart faster.

You're saying companies shouldn't be responsible for making durable/reliable products and you're happy to pay top dollar no matter how faulty the goods are?

Last edited:
I'm not saying I'm happy
But I'm understanding of the fact that things happen
And of the face that out of the thousands of pairs made, 10 pairs (more or less) can be faulty out of a batch of sneakers

I know people's Kobe 5's who ripped same day as purchase
It happens

Rush job :nerd:

Shoes fall apart guys

Nightwing and Kicks Genius push these shoes to the limits to show and offer the best advice on the shoes and how they perform..

:lol:

You're saying companies shouldn't be responsible for making durable/reliable products and you're happy to pay top dollar no matter how faulty the goods are?

:nerd:

I didn't wanna mention this :lol:. Dude plays like mike penberthy and somehow that is too much power for these space age shoes to withstand

:rofl:

And if his athletic ability is all it takes to literally rip the shoe apart :lol:

:lol:

Last edited:
And if his athletic ability is all it takes to literally rip the shoe apart :lol:

Things will be the new kobe sandels :rofl:

Funny you said that because I saw this :lol:
20150206003402.jpg

I didn't wanna mention this :lol:. Dude plays like mike penberthy and somehow that is too much power for these space age shoes to withstand

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rofl: Much respect to nightwing though, dude always gives his honest opinion even with UA, Nike, Adi... shipping him free kicks and gear from time to time. He could've easily said traction is beast and not mentioned the peeling to maintain the relationship but he put the swoosh on blast as they should have been so you gotta respect that. He most def saved me $200 on those all-stars

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23 View Post

Shoes fall apart guys

Come on bro...you know good and well a shoe shouldn't be falling apart after 4-5 wears. It's not like he said they creased; the upper material is peeling off...PEELING OFF...while being used for their intended purpose. That's not acceptable for a $45 dollar shoe, its blaspemy for a $200 one.

And like someone said above...these dudes ain't 6'6' 250 with a 42 inch vertical. These are normal dudes hoopin...and the shoe is falling apart. No excuse for this from nike.

Last edited:
Shoes fall apart guys

Not one redeeming quality in this post

I'm not saying I'm happy
But I'm understanding of the fact that things happen
And of the face that out of the thousands of pairs made, 10 pairs (more or less) can be faulty out of a batch of sneakers

I know people's Kobe 5's who ripped same day as purchase
It happens

Just because it does happen doesn't mean it has to happen. Look up the term "planned obsolescence". Gotta hold big business more accountable than that and make them earn your money rather than making excuses for them. You should be demanding better quality instead of this low expectation "it happens" sucker mentality

Shoes fall apart guys

It matters because we're paying 200$ for the shoe. This isn't something that should be happening on 1st wear. Also, Nightwing has been doing shoe reviews forever, and I don't think any pairs of Kobe's have ever fell apart on him like this. And I'm sorry to say, but Nightwing does NOT push the shoe to the limit. And just because some people wear them casually, you can't just write off the poor quality. These are supposed to be high performance basketball shoes.

Back
Top Bottom