**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tripping bro.

Lebron going into his 15 year this season. And then by next year dude will be slowing down.

Also injuries temd to go up with that age. We can't be throwing up this money for a guy who might still be the same.

Y'all are tripping about not wanting Lebron here. He's the only one that could take us over the top if we add him and another big-name FA. We could limit his minutes in the regular season and have him for the playoffs. Could you imagine him playing PF full time with Zo/BI/PG/Bron/Zubac (if he gets his life together). People worry about his age but he's a once in a lifetime player who will be a top 5 player until he's 40 IMO. He's in his 14th year playing 46 mins in the Finals with a usage rate in the high 30s. Imagine if he played with a team of younger guys who can carry the hold and real pass-first PG to take away the ball handling responsibilities? I know we all love Kobe and therefore (some of us) hate Lebron but we've gotta do what's best.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

over the top of what? we not beating gsw

It's the NBA. Anything can happen and there's something to be said for being the 2nd best team in the league. One injury or lucky break and you're in the Finals playing against the Celtics/Bucks/Wizards.

If we add Lebron and PG or Lebron and Cousins, etc. we'd be in position to win an NBA title (second only to the GSW). This is assuming BI progresses and Ball is as good as advertised. I don't think that PG and Cousins or any other combo of big name FA puts us in championship position.

Reactions: DLF
over the top of what? we not beating gsw

Who knows. Curry could go back to being the injury prone player he used to be or KD could get injured and we'd be right there. I hate this mentality that some NBA fans have that no personnel moves matter in the grand scheme and teams should just pack it in and hibernate until 2021 b/c the Warriors are dominant. We need to give it our best shot.

I'd welcome Lebron if it's a 2-3 year deal and we don't have to give anything up for him.

Even though he's an athletic freak, Father Time is undefeated... catches up to everyone

I feel like PG would fit in seamlessly at the 2 though.

I'd welcome Lebron if it's a 2-3 year deal and we don't have to give anything up for him.

Even though he's an athletic freak, Father Time is undefeated... catches up to everyone

I feel like PG would fit in seamlessly at the 2 though.

Lebron has been signing 1+1 deals for years. I don't foresee him signing a long term deal with us.

You gotta keep in mind this is potentially his last big time deal.

He may want the 4 year max

I agree he may want the four year max too given his age. The question is can he be Lebron we know or at least a close version of the Lebron we know for at least three of the four years? He would likely have an opt out after year three.

Lebron is a tank
Never injured

That was Karl Malone in the summer of '03 when we signed him

We always get shafted when we sign an older superstar

That being said, if he does stay healthy Lebron can put up 18/8/8 until he's 38 in my opinion

I just don't want him because I know, with our luck, what will happen

Last edited:
Malone's injury was more of a freak injury. Scott Williams bum *** fell into his knee and that was that. Still feel like we would've won in '04 if he was 100%. Lakers were rolling up until that point.

Yep but it took his old *** forever to recover, and he came back and injured it again. Plus, didn't he have some nagging shoulder issue that season too?

I still think we would've got our asses whooped with a healthy Malone.

I don't.

The biggest difference in that series was Sheed. We OWNED that guy for years with AC Green, Horace Grant, and Robert Horry. They would body him early and he wouldn't touch the paint the rest of the series.

Karl woulda been perfect for that. Slava, not so much. :lol: That got Sheed into his game and gave Detroit a weapon we couldn't stop. Sheed looked at Slava as disrespect, and he's right. :lol:

Sheed should have been the GOAT PF. His skillset was stupid stupid stupid good. He just had no heart 90% of the time.

Sheed had some HUGE games against us with Portland though

I remember a vicious drop step dunk he had on horry in the post

I don't.

The biggest difference in that series was Sheed. We OWNED that guy for years with AC Green, Horace Grant, and Robert Horry. They would body him early and he wouldn't touch the paint the rest of the series.

Karl woulda been perfect for that. Slava, not so much. :lol: That got Sheed into his game and gave Detroit a weapon we couldn't stop. Sheed looked at Slava as disrespect, and he's right. :lol:

Sheed should have been the GOAT PF. His skillset was stupid stupid stupid good. He just had no heart 90% of the time.

Completely agree Sheed could've been the GOAT PF. He had a ridiculous post game and was shooting 3s before it was en vogue for bigs to step out that far. I think he had more of a beta personality though. Didn't demand the ball, didn't want to be "the guy". Off the court stuff didn't help either.

Making sure I've got it straight, Lavar is NOT a coach, but is selected to coach, gets a T, so he pulls his team from the game.

So week later, gets another T, threatens to pull team again, so Adidas kicks THE REF out of the game, a woman, so he can stay in the game....

All this, just to build his brand.

For his son(s).

I get all that right?

I don't.

Still got no answer for Billups or Kobe shooting the team out of the series.

Making sure I've got it straight, Lavar is NOT a coach, but is selected to coach, gets a T, so he pulls his team from the game.

So week later, gets another T, threatens to pull team again, so Adidas kicks THE REF out of the game, a woman, so he can stay in the game....

All this, just to build his brand.

For his son(s).

I get all that right?

Somebody give this man his billion already

Still got no answer for Billups or Kobe shooting the team out of the series.

That's the thing (to me) If you have Malone to help contain Sheed, you could send more focus on Billups. Make them more one-dimensional. He wasn't gonna drop 40+ on us every game and with Ben a non-factor already, locking up Sheed would really neuter their O.

As for Kobe and our O, maybe Malone helps balance between the two, iono.

Bottom line, we never shoulda lost that series. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom