**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

you're resorting to name calling and seems to be a fan of moving goalposts?.

ok, fine. not sure why im talking to dudes who wears their shoes factory laced anyways.

Not calling you dumb, you're being willfully obtuse.

So the KD toxicity stuff never happened?
Kyrie didn't threaten to mutilate himself to get away from Bron?
Kawhi wasn't gung ho about the joining us before Bron signed and now he's all but guaranteed to be a Clipper?
Jimmy wasn't considering us before Bron signed as well?

What Embiid or AD for that matter thinks is irrelevant. They may want to play with Lebron bit neither are free agents this summer nor can they force their way to play with Bron as we've seen in AD's case.

It's the exact same **** as washed Kobe.

Last edited:
But players have been locks to go to plenty of teams and it didn't happen.

PG13 was a LOCK to the lakers....

Thank god Kobe pushed away the LMA's, Dwight's and Melo's. I remember some of ya'll was mad Derozan ain't sign. :lol:

Derozen got Leonard but I agree with your point.

Pops wouldn’t have ****** with us if we offered the same exact package as Toronto anyway smh

Not calling you dumb, you're being willfully obtuse.

So the KD toxicity stuff never happened?
Kyrie didn't threaten to mutilate himself to get away from Bron?
Kawhi wasn't gung ho about the joining us before Bron signed and now he's all but guaranteed to be a Clipper.
Jimmy wasn't considering us before Bron signed as well?

What Embiid or AD for that matter thinks is irrelevant. They may want to play with Lebron bit neither ara free agents this summer nor can they force their way to play with Bron as we've seen in AD's case.

It's the exact same **** as washed Kobe.

Kevin Durant? For real that's who we believing? Same dude that told us Russ was his brother and the media don't know anything only to bounce on Russ w/o calling him.

Same Kyrie that called Bron and apologized?

And I keep asking this, how do we know Kawhi was seriously coming here before Lebron came? All we going by is some "media reports". Everybody is media nowadays.

KD & Kyrie both called Lebron to apologize for their comments :lol:

“But got a phone call from KD. We talked about it. He mentioned how he felt and how he felt the story took a twist. And as a man, I don’t hold on to things too long. I’m too happy in my life right now, and I don’t hold on to anything that will take away from my happiness. … Listen, he told me how he felt, and he apologized on how it came out. And I said, All right. We moved on from there.”

all im saying is hold your horses before calling rob a liar, snake and whatever adjective y'all want to attach to the man's name lol. give him a chance, a few months to be exact and then pour on the gas and light it up.

keep in mind that ESPN was supposed to release a story about magic's inappropriate workplace conduct.

always 2 sides of the story and i like how rob handled it by taking the high road.

This ain't ESPN though this is from the beat writers who cover the team on a day to day basis:

The prevailing theory is a simple one: Rob Pelinka is universally despised around the NBA. Brad Turner of The Los Angeles Times spoke with a number of people around the league voicing that message. Most of them directly called for Pelinka to be fired.

“I just don’t see how they do anything going forward with Rob in place,” one agent said. “No one trusts him.”

Kawhi stuff from Spurs reporter last summer:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...ers-clippers-to-joining-lebron-james.amp.html

Wait so did Magic backstab Rob after just talking to him 2 days ago all chummy?

And Ramona said the Lakers asked Magic about what he was going to say on First Take before deciding to go ahead with the press conference. :lol:

Kawhi is so quiet and unpredictable. He barely talks to any media people. The Spurs organization barely knew him and he was there for years. Maybe he was coming here, maybe not. Only he and his immediate team know.

all im saying is hold your horses before calling rob a liar, snake and whatever adjective y'all want to attach to the man's name lol. give him a chance, a few months to be exact and then pour on the gas and light it up.

keep in mind that ESPN was supposed to release a story about magic's inappropriate workplace conduct.

always 2 sides of the story and i like how rob handled it by taking the high road.

I mean u can just look at the guy and tell he's a snake. Which in a lot of ways I'm cool with, I want the guy who will do whatever it takes to win.

The problem is that his rep has a direct impact on his ability to perform. If other agents dont trust him, it will be harder to sign guys, if other gms dont trust him it's harder to make trades. If current players dont trust him it will be harder to develop and retain.

What we think of him isn't as important as his rep around the league.

I mean u can just look at the guy and tell he's a snake. Which in a lot of ways I'm cool with, I want the guy who will do whatever it takes to win.

The problem is that his rep has a direct impact on his ability to perform. If other agents dont trust him, it will be harder to sign guys, if other gms dont trust him it's harder to make trades. If current players dont trust him it will be harder to develop and retain.

What we think of him isn't as important as his rep around the league.
i'm just not a fan of evaluating one's ability based on nothing. what he did as a GM is unimportant under a new set of circumstances.

again, the day I see the lakers coming up with luol deng/mozgov type of contracts due to robs inability to conduct business, effectively, then I'm going to be on his camp.

i dont think gm's of other teams will refuse a good asset or a significant transaction (and lakers have plenty) simply because rob is handling it.

as long as the three components of expected return, the upside potential and downside risk are all there, no GM is going to hang up simply because Rob looks like a snake :lol:

Magic's comments only hurts this team. You can talk **** but not to the person who still runs the team

Now who wants to come here? SMH

Reactions: God
I'm giving Pelinka the benefit of the doubt but it's going to be an uphill battle with Magic assassinating him on live TV before Free Agency even begins. You have to think that was a very calculated, FU parting gift by Magic to Pelinka.

Still, I think the Lakers will surprise a lot of people this off-season. Anything more than surrounding Lebron with a bunch of playmakers is going to be a win in my book.

Back
Top Bottom