**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

3mfYqb36jsZqp07rnUw5uEb3pIIFGwfKgyhiGyWG.gif

Kobe was benched
Ariza was benched
Odom was benched
So many others. But they thrived in that role and worked hard to force the coach to play them more or start them (ie Kobe and Ariza). Kuz is folding and losing confidence because of his diminished role rather than using it as motivation to out work everyone

a lot of it is he’s still learning the NBA game. Just seems like the effort isn’t where it was last year

Kobe...

Lol

Ok

Stumbled upon Glen Rice's wiki.
Didn't realize he averaged 25 pts a game in the mid 90s and had an affair with Sarah Palin in the 80$. Haha

People forget that Glen Rice is what put us over the top in '99, after all those playoff disappointments from Eddie Jones getting balled up by Hornacek and JR Rider.

So we had to trade Elden and Eddie to get the outside threat we needed to balance out Shaq and Kobe.

Enter Kobe at starting SG. Fox slides to the bench and Rice takes over at starting SF and the rest is history

still think kuzma will come huge for a crucial game or series in the playoffs. not like we have a choice, so im not going to worry about it.

still think kuzma will come huge for a crucial game or series in the playoffs. not like we have a choice, so im not going to worry about it.
I want to believe this, but there is absolutely no reason to.

I've been a huge Kuz supporter this whole time, and I'm not saying I'm jumping ship on him, but I'm losing hope on him.

I mean, Kobe was benched. I didn't really take what he said as slander. Dis you?

No.

Not every player is the same. Just never comparing what happend to Kobe to any player.

And Kobe's benching was a different situation as well.

End of the day Kuzma needs to and can do better but there is always context and Kuz is getting some unfair slander in my eyes.

I want to believe this, but there is absolutely no reason to.

I've been a huge Kuz supporter this whole time, and I'm not saying I'm jumping ship on him, but I'm losing hope on him.
some signs are definitely troubling, but like i said, im still with him. i lowered my expectations a bit but I can still see him giving us some note worthy performances in the playoffs.

i've seen this cycle before from more than 2 decades of watching ball. i dont count people out until the season officially ends. kuzma has a niche, and that's to score. he'll get that opportunity in the playoffs.

I have drastically lowered my expectations for kuzma

this way, I can no longer be disappointed.

expectations were HIGH for him this year, most of it was self proclaimed too, had us all drinking the kool-aide

and he just hasn’t lived up to those expectations for whatever amount of reasons

not expecting him to do anything in the playoffs so if he does well..... AWESOME, we definitely need him to contribute, would be great if he could every night but again, expectations have been lowered and ill take what I can get from him at this point.

not interested in keeping him going forward tho, wish him well in a situation that better suits him and his game.

In non-related but related team news, Kyrie out for the rest of the season with surgery. Important because I thought Dinwiddie would be a worthwhile target this summer.

But with Kyrie being so injury prone, the Nets should keep Dinwiddie as insurance policy.

Kuz May win us a playoff game

but I recall Kareem Rush, Sasha had a 20 pt playoff game

nick young won the clippers a game in Memphis

but Kuz can be more than Rush Sasha Young

That’s what disappoints me. But it’s early in his career and this season can still turn around for him

Boogie said on Matt and Stack podcast he was being traded to the Lakers one year but he called his agent and shot it because we was trash. What year was that going around?

Maybe 2017 before Mitch got fired and Magic took over? Boogie wanted that Super Max from the Kings so bad. :lol:

Or maybe the 2015 or 2016 draft.

Man i swear we act like we haven't seen this all before and heard the same criticisms FOR YEARS... Kuz is a third year player for a completely new coach in a completely new role & playing on a team expected to contend for a championship.

he's getting killed for not being able to be the third guy on a championship caliber team in his third year? :lol: ... I get it we're in contention now, but we have enough contributing pieces to not demand 17 a night from Kuz. He's had hot stretches & cold stretches it's what young guys do. We don't NEED kuzma to play great to win games but i expect him to get rolling after ASB.

D'Lo, Ingram, Randle all had their best season in the 4th year, we gotta stop demanding every player be special out the gate.

Also this has nothing to do with the Lakers right now but PROTECT THT AT ALL COST.. This kid has a great feel for the game & is already NBA size. He's good & has an extensive bag of moves already

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom