**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Would be a shocker if we lose. We almost always beat teams we are suppose to this year.
Celtics
Knicks
Kings
Wolves
Spurs
Thunder 2x
Portland
Clippers
All losses through only 37 games. 24% of the time, they are losing games they should win. (Not even including all the overtime games)

Even though you used "almost", unfortunately, your statement has been invalidated.

Kuz has been better than Melo this year honestly
has he tho?
20220102_121951.jpg

20220102_122023.jpg

20220102_121932.jpg

And people were mad we were close to getting Derozan

Walking bucket. Can get his own shot. Clutch. Ya who needs that?
I really don't understand the narrative that we were close to signing DeRozan. All we had to offer was the MLE and he ended up signing for $28m/year. In what world wer we close to signing him?

Demar did the whole "I'm prioritizing playing for a contender and winning is my number one priority" song and dance but in the end he signed with the highest bidder.

Melo giving you better percentage with less minutes. Plus more trusted/threatening in hitting big shots.
Melo>Kuz
not only that giving you near identical point output in 5 less minutes, better free throw shooter, better 3 point shooter, better in blocks and steals, all while being 11 years older.

Celtics
Knicks
Kings
Wolves
Spurs
Thunder 2x
Portland
Clippers
All losses through only 37 games. 24% of the time, they are losing games they should win. (Not even including all the overtime games)

Even though you used "almost", unfortunately, your statement has been invalidated.
Lol what’s more shocking?

You taking my comment seriously or lakers winning today?

But thanks for that reply, no I’m even more depressed

I really don't understand the narrative that we were close to signing DeRozan. All we had to offer was the MLE and he ended up signing for $28m/year. In what world wer we close to signing him?

Demar did the whole "I'm prioritizing playing for a contender and winning is my number one priority" song and dance but in the end he signed with the highest bidder.
This this this this

This is why the nba is such an inferior league. It’s a narrative league. Once someone latches onto a storyline, they stick to it

Remember “man lakers shoulda kept Ingram or ball. Can’t believe they chose kuzma in that AD trade”

Even though there was no evidence we had a choice. Completely discounting Griffins IQ as if he didn’t know Ingram and ball were better than Kuzma. Come on man

Didn’t he himself say he was close to coming in some interview? It might’ve been Up In Smoke. Not a narrative if it was his own words

Didn’t he himself say he was close to coming in some interview? It might’ve been Up In Smoke. Not a narrative if it was his own words

"Yeah, I was *this* close to accepting one third as much money as the Bulls offered" :lol:. It's a cool story to tell on a podcast but all the "I want to play for a contender and win a title" talk goes out the window once the real dollar figures get mentioned. He's making $28m/year in Chicago. He was never going to accept less than $10m here/

Also, how many people have said they were close to signing with the Lakers over the years? Dozens!

Reactions: DLF
Wonder if Collison will get a chance to be a point guard this game rather than give the ball to Lebron and spot up in the corner.

Wonder if Collison will get a chance to be a point guard this game rather than give the ball to Lebron and spot up in the corner.
He’s “inactive”

I thought he was pretty good for a guy that hadn’t played in 2 years. But what do I know

Vogel side stepping the Stanley Johnson signing question makes me wonder if Jeanie would rather just have an open roster spot to save money.
Vogel said he doesn’t know and that there are “big picture things to consider” re: empty spot.

Would it shock anyone?

Back
Top Bottom