**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

A sick part of me wants us to pass on Stanley Johnson just for the lulz. Would add to the circus. BUTTTT…if we do pass on him, I wonder if it’s because we have a THT for grant deal lined up lol

Anyhow, hawks is a HUGE test with our small ball. I know AD isn’t playing so it’s not the finished product but seems we are committed to it. Hawks have Capela, Collins as their bigs and Trae to slice through defense with no bigs to block shots. With that said, we need the kings game bc no way in hell we beat Atl

Last edited:
Russ game is about putting pressure on the rim, making plays and pushing the tempo/getting out in transition.

Russ is correct that he doesn’t have to score a ton of points to have an impact on the game.

Turnovers happen, but he has to stop being so careless and like start valuing every individual possession.

Russ game is about putting pressure on the rim, making plays and pushing the tempo/getting out in transition.

Russ is correct that he doesn’t have to score a ton of points to have an impact on the game.

Turnovers happen, but he has to stop being so careless and like start valuing every individual possession.
He didn’t say “score”

He said “missing shots”

Russ
Monk
Lebron
Grant
AD

Monk
Bradley
Lebron
Grant
AD

Russ
Monk
Johnson
Ariza
Lebron

Nunn
Reaves
Ariza
melo
Lebron

We need to make the Grant trade assuming Pistons management is blind

Okay…taking shots, missing shots, scoring, etc…doesn’t change the point I was making
Actually it does

He doesn’t need to score but with AD out he can’t be 3-18 from the field or 0-7 from three. His efficiency matters right now. If he’s gonna airball bank shots or be hitting the side I’d the back board all game he needs to not take those stupid shots.

If he has 8 points in a game but he was 3-7 then sure that’s good bc you know he was likely passing the rock to open guys and staying out of his own way

Crazy part is a small change in his game and he could cut the turnovers down easily. Some people just refuse to change and listen to criticism though .

Fans only want him to get 25/15/15 remember? :lol:

“Honestly, I think I’ve been fine,” the nine-time All-Star told reporters Monday. “The conversation has been heavily on how I’m playing and what I’m doing, but I think people are expecting me to have f–king 25, 15 and 15, which, that is not normal. Everybody has to understand, like, that’s not a normal thing that people do consistently.”

Actually it does

He doesn’t need to score but with AD out he can’t be 3-18 from the field or 0-7 from three. His efficiency matters right now. If he’s gonna airball bank shots or be hitting the side I’d the back board all game he needs to not take those stupid shots.

If he has 8 points in a game but he was 3-7 then sure that’s good bc you know he was likely passing the rock to open guys and staying out of his own way
Huh?

My original point was that Russ doesn’t have to score a ton of points to have an impact on the game. Are you interpreting that as me saying he doesn’t have to score at all or something, because that’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m fine with the 15-20 that you can normally count on from Russ. Even on games where he didn’t shoot a high percentage like the Nets game for example …4/20, he took 15 shots right at the basket. Which is great, he has to make them and normally he’s not that bad finishing, but that’s what I want his shot chart to look like.

00DAA5BC-74B8-410A-9C2C-4C65E89CD7E2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom