**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

That's almost never happened though, let alone consistently. And I trust AR a helluva lot more than D'Lo, he's literally almost unplayable against the elite teams down the stretch of games.
I get it, but I don't really trust either like that... I mean I like Austin's ability to hit big shots, but that's mostly off of the catch. I think this team could use a guard who can just get you a bucket, not off an AD ball screen but someone who can get in space and just cook consistently.

We this high in standing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-06-20-24-02-364_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-06-20-24-02-364_com.android.chrome.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 124
That's almost never happened though, let alone consistently. And I trust AR a helluva lot more than D'Lo, he's literally almost unplayable against the elite teams down the stretch of games.

there were several playoff games last season, where D'lo made big shots/plays when the team really needed it. He's definitely a flawed player but people are acting as if his Denver series is reflective of his entire tenure here the second time around.

He’s been the third best player this year. Shrugs.

Neither he nor AR deserve short leashes.
Also the Bron/AD/Reaves/DLo lineup has been really successful in 4th quarters this year.

people are acting as if his Denver series is reflective of his entire tenure here the second time around.
Who's acting like that?

DLo is a fine regular season player. I appreciate his ability to make shots and his playmaking is underrated.

However, I do think Lakers need to look at the big picture when evaluating him... if the goal is a championship can he be that consistent 3rd piece that you need to win it all?

Honestly I would love him as a 6th man...heat check, 2nd unit type guy.

Kinda don't want to trade anybody

Kinda do

Conflicted.

Keep DLo though. Unless a Kyrie/lead guard trade materializes.

I’ll continue to say that DLo and AR are exactly the type of guards Lakers need and have to have.
They are matches in necessity.

They need guys who don’t need 20 shots. Don’t need plus 30% usage. Can and will pass and don’t have an issue doing it. Neither really get surly when their number isn’t called or have to sit in the 4th. The tightrope both of them have to navigate on the Lakers require a really really specific skill set.

And some of that is being on a LeBron led team.

There's a two to three minute segment in the first and third quarters (~5 to 2 minute mark) where Reaves is the lone ball handler. I think Vincent (or a preferred trade target) is needed on the floor because I get queasy when defenses press him.

AR was hitting big buckets against GSW once he got his legs back under him (so after game 2 lol)

Also

Image-1.jpeg

Yeah I don't understand the D.lo hate.

He had a very bad series vs Denver.

This year he has been pretty darn good. Been shooting well and making some great plays.

No reason to trade anything yet IMO.

Last night was the best we have rebounded in sometime. The defense was crazy good. The runs by the suns came when we just couldn't hit buckets.

Thursday will be an interesting match up. BI, Zion and CJ are tough covers.

I think you just need someone next to DLo and/or AR at all times to alleviate that pressure. Caruso playing off them would be great, especially with him hitting over 40% from 3 this year (bigger Bruce Brown?)

Vando works situationally, but until that corner 3 or some kind of middy comes along (ala Udonis) it's gonna be tough to play him in crunchtime at all. Luckily he's on a good deal and has time.

Who's acting like that?

DLo is a fine regular season player. I appreciate his ability to make shots and his playmaking is underrated.

However, I do think Lakers need to look at the big picture when evaluating him... if the goal is a championship can he be that consistent 3rd piece that you need to win it all?

Honestly I would love him as a 6th man...heat check, 2nd unit type guy.

I don't think necessarily think he's the ideal consistent third guy, but i don't think that's the Lakers expectation either. they seem to be going with whoever is the hottest hand between him & AR.

With that said he's a very important piece to this team & definitely can contribute to winning ball

I think you just need someone next to DLo and/or AR at all times to alleviate that pressure. Caruso playing off them would be great, especially with him hitting over 40% from 3 this year (bigger Bruce Brown?)

Vando works situationally, but until that corner 3 or some kind of middy comes along (ala Udonis) it's gonna be tough to play him in crunchtime at all. Luckily he's on a good deal and has time.
AR seeing what its like to be on that scouting report now
they hard helping and blitzing thats part of the reason why he been struggling
SLOWLY getting better at it tho but def still a learning curve

there were several playoff games last season, where D'lo made big shots/plays when the team really needed it. He's definitely a flawed player but people are acting as if his Denver series is reflective of his entire tenure here the second time around.

Keep it a buck, Memphis wasn't elite nor really was washed up GS. Will he be able to hold up and not be the person he's been the vast majority of his playoff career? I don't think so. He doesn't seem to have the trust of the staff down the stretch of the majority of these close games, despite how well he's played this regular season, which does speak volumes.

No Dlo hate it’s just hard to close with Dlo and ar. Can really only have 1. Good thing there’s 48 minutes in a basketball game though.

I see the Pelicans are favored. Slightly, but favored. Surely the Suns were favored last night, right?

Back
Top Bottom