**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IMG_0277.jpeg

#Timeouts
WTAF? 🤣

I still don't think firing Ham is the answer and if Doc was that good of a coach, he would have a Job right now.
So here’s my thing…

Let’s say LA decided to #FireHam tomorrow… when something like that happens, normally an assistant is promoted to interim to finish the season. Maybe the Lakers promote Handy 😂 but he’s a guy with basically coached a few games in the summer league and that’s it. Since he’s already on Ham’s staff, Handy is a part of the group that’s been coming up with the strategies that most fans seem to hate (only when the team loses of course)… maybe he has his own takes on how the team should do things but that would most likely be minor tweaks. The result? Basically the same #HamSandwich we’ve been getting but now with whole wheat bread instead of white.

As far as Doc, or any other experienced coach with options…
1) what makes you think they want the job? Especially with LA’s recent track record with coaches and an aging, possibly FA to be Lebron…no upside there, plus championship or bust expectations
2) if they did want the job, why now? Ham gets fired, the Lakers aren’t going to get rid of his entire staff along with him. Let’s take Doc for example, I’m sure he probably has some of his own guys he’d want on board and the luxury of a training camp to start building the foundation of what he wants the team to be.

There are physical limitations for certain players (DLo, AR, Prince), skill limitations for other players (Vando, Cam, Rui) and Lebron’s age that are all plaguing this team and these issues aren’t going to be fixed by a new voice alone.

I can’t see Buss family paying two coaches this season. Ham getting fired in his second season is a big financial blow to a family run business

So here’s my thing…

Let’s say LA decided to #FireHam tomorrow… when something like that happens, normally an assistant is promoted to interim to finish the season. Maybe the Lakers promote Handy 😂 but he’s a guy with basically coached a few games in the summer league and that’s it. Since he’s already on Ham’s staff, Handy is a part of the group that’s been coming up with the strategies that most fans seem to hate (only when the team loses of course)… maybe he has his own takes on how the team should do things but that would most likely be minor tweaks. The result? Basically the same #HamSandwich we’ve been getting but now with whole wheat bread instead of white.

As far as Doc, or any other experienced coach with options…
1) what makes you think they want the job? Especially with LA’s recent track record with coaches and an aging, possibly FA to be Lebron…no upside there, plus championship or bust expectations
2) if they did want the job, why now? Ham gets fired, the Lakers aren’t going to get rid of his entire staff along with him. Let’s take Doc for example, I’m sure he probably has some of his own guys he’d want on board and the luxury of a training camp to start building the foundation of what he wants the team to be.

There are physical limitations for certain players (DLo, AR, Prince), skill limitations for other players (Vando, Cam, Rui) and Lebron’s age that are all plaguing this team and these issues aren’t going to be fixed by a new voice alone.
Screenshot_20240120_153302_Facebook.jpg

And we used to complain about him not taking timeouts as well.

This fan base ALWAYS blames the coach.

I'm not doing it anymore.

And honestly Bron is the one. We give him credit (and I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it) but night like last night he missed a ton of layups and (as usual) was horrible on defense.

DLo/AR/Vando/Bron/AD

Even if Vando is a dumpster fire on offense. You can reasonable expect 70-90 points from the other 4. He at least raises the energy level. And is a good POA defender. A little bit less of sagging off your man should be required if he and AD are in the lineup.

Then try to find a
1. A real starting 3. That’s where the lion share of the trade assets come from. TP is a good player. But not good enough to start. And Vando isn’t good enough to get 30 minutes a game.
2. Andre Drummond
3. Backup PG that could get you like 4&2 in 10-15 minutes functionally. Which is why JHS is so maddening because what is needed isn’t a ton.

Back
Top Bottom